Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Kunabomber posted:

X-Pac seems to basically alert DDP to wrestlers that are about to die so they can go through the Accountability Crib and become functioning human beings again.
Sean Waltman has matured tremendously, surely thanks in part to rehab and therapy. He's the only DX member that I'm aware of to publicly apologize for doing blackface in the Nation of Domination parody skit, for starters. But he's become a pretty progressive guy more generally.

Hell, though it was unusually easy to debunk in context (because it was about the sex tape...which obviously has a long paper trial and which the studio insisted on having a professionally shot ending) he also showed an admirable degree of composure when Chyna was falsely claiming that their sex tape and its release were non-consensual on her part.

davidbix fucked around with this message at 07:07 on May 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
remember when xpac was on one of those ppv watch along things and he kept making GBS threads on match finishes and wasn't allowed back on them for awhile

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

xpac cool

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

davidbix posted:

But do they assume that only they can see it or that only their friends can see it? In your example, it seems like your mom thinks it's the former. Which doesn't even make any sense.

If she's anything like my mom they think the "should Hilary be in jail" OP is the only person that can see their response, as if it was a DM.

She also used to post things that should have been DMs on my wall until I disabled that. Good times.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

AEW can't sign Cole though as he's dead in that universe

I don't know, I don't think it would be a tall order.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lamuella posted:

I don't know, I don't think it would be a tall order.
why would i watch the show paul

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Not that it should need context, but it’s particularly cruel to go after Demi Lovato because they were chewed up by the Disney Channel machine and spit out with a very public drug addiction and eating disorder.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 23, 2021

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Is Rick Boogs supposed to be a play on Rick Dees? If so, what a strange, outdated pull.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Not that it should need context, but it’s particularly cruel to go after Demi Lovato because she was chewed up by the Disney Channel machine and spit out with a very public drug addiction and eating disorder.

Plus the guy already went back to work. So he's not even strong enough to stick to his lovely convictions

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

mary had a little clam posted:

Is Rick Boogs supposed to be a play on Rick Dees? If so, what a strange, outdated pull.
I don't think so? His shoot name is Eric Bugenhagen, which the NXT Naming Gods decided was too long/confusing/ethnic I guess, so they changed it to Rik Bugez, which was meant to be pronounced "Boogs" but you would get a "Boo-gez" or "Bug-ezz" sometimes, so the changed the spelling.

Historic trends of weird assigned names make it more likely (but still pretty unlikely) that if there was any external reference here, it would be to former first basemen/pitmaster Boog Powell.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Can’t wait until that guy gets called up and they shorten his name to just Boogs

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Booger Red 2

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
The Boogseyman

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I thought Bugez was supposed to be pronounced boogies.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Not that it should need context, but it’s particularly cruel to go after Demi Lovato because she was chewed up by the Disney Channel machine and spit out with a very public drug addiction and eating disorder.

They, not she (but yes you're right and you didn't even mention the sexual assault)

Rarity fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 23, 2021

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
bastion boogz

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My apologies, I’ve edited the post. That was incredibly stupid.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Send X-Pax to AEW to manage Top Flight and give them a new Uncle Kracker Song.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Edge & Christian posted:

I don't think so? His shoot name is Eric Bugenhagen, which the NXT Naming Gods decided was too long/confusing/ethnic I guess, so they changed it to Rik Bugez, which was meant to be pronounced "Boogs" but you would get a "Boo-gez" or "Bug-ezz" sometimes, so the changed the spelling.

Historic trends of weird assigned names make it more likely (but still pretty unlikely) that if there was any external reference here, it would be to former first basemen/pitmaster Boog Powell.

Does it have to start with B? Just say Smith. Eric Smith. It doesn't matter. None of this matters.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Oh you didn't know? Directions to Red Lobster's "" new Ben Shapiro video "". so sorry to hear about Judy :) :) :)

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

DLC Inc posted:

lol goddamn you're right. none of them raised a fuss and just accepted UUDD was at their mercy. If I was Kofi I'd have left by now.

I was so disappointed that they all folded. Though I guess expecting them to raise the 'gently caress Vince' banner over their own interests is selfish.

bartok
May 10, 2006

mary had a little clam posted:

Vince originally wanted to do a Disco Duck gimmick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_WEMCUhF0E

Tarasenko Tank
Apr 17, 2011
WWE Superstar Boz Scaggs

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

1glitch0 posted:

Does it have to start with B? Just say Smith. Eric Smith. It doesn't matter. None of this matters.
I was not defending either his birth name or his various gimmick names, I was only explaining that the starting point for the gimmick name was the name he was born with and used prior to/at the start of his wrestling career, and any variation on it was likely influenced by the name on his birth certificate and not a proto-shock jock whose career peaked in the late 1970s. I agree that people both in wrestling and real life can call themselves whatever name they like, regardless of initial letter.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

remember when xpac was on one of those ppv watch along things and he kept making GBS threads on match finishes and wasn't allowed back on them for awhile

I think it was that Seth/Fiend main event with the big hammer that finally broke him IIRC

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It was indeed

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

KungFu Grip posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNrdL_NNsM8

the whole thing is online too
https://youtu.be/bOov_WJrFk8
if you feel the need to live vicariously through x pac watching one of the worst ppvs in memory.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ChrisBTY posted:

I was so disappointed that they all folded. Though I guess expecting them to raise the 'gently caress Vince' banner over their own interests is selfish.

UUDD was a trap. They let Xavier build it up and become attached to it knowing that once he did, he wouldn't do anything to risk losing it. :sigh:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Xavier THINK! What happens to UUDD when Vince decides he wants to start jerking you around? Are you sure you want to go all-in on having this be a WWE thing and not just your own thing?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Edge & Christian posted:

I was not defending either his birth name or his various gimmick names, I was only explaining that the starting point for the gimmick name was the name he was born with and used prior to/at the start of his wrestling career, and any variation on it was likely influenced by the name on his birth certificate and not a proto-shock jock whose career peaked in the late 1970s. I agree that people both in wrestling and real life can call themselves whatever name they like, regardless of initial letter.

I was just making an Aqua Teen reference.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Literally the only thing WWE is actually good at is kneecapping their talent before they even debut.

Calling a guy Boogs on purpose and then blaming him when he doesn't get over in 2 months

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ChrisBTY posted:

Xavier THINK! What happens to UUDD when Vince decides he wants to start jerking you around? Are you sure you want to go all-in on having this be a WWE thing and not just your own thing?

It's way too late for that now

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wasn't Rick Boogs just playing an advertising tie-in character like, a month or two ago????

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’ve never watched UUDD don’t they just play video games why do they need a WWE contract to do that

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Because WWE claims they own their likenesses and identities and the wrestlers don't push back on it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WWE definitely has legal ownership of the UUDD brand as well

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

UUDD is using talents that go by their WWE names so if any profit was potentially made, WWE would want their cut since they could argue that the views and popularity of the channel is due to the presence of WWE personalities.

I think using other names would just be a hassle for them and the channel might not be as popular if other names were used. If money can be made off of a hobby, why not do so and try to make it as popular as possible?

I think.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Reality Protester posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNrdL_NNsM8

the whole thing is online too
https://youtu.be/bOov_WJrFk8
if you feel the need to live vicariously through x pac watching one of the worst ppvs in memory.

Same, Nattie.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Can’t they just play video games on YouTubes or whatever without any of the WWE baggage attached?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Can’t they just play video games on YouTubes or whatever without any of the WWE baggage attached?

Not unless they want to become Vtubers.