Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Breetai posted:

I guess it's why people believed it was released without permission. :v:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rarity posted:

I don't see anyone mocking him here

I mean if I'm going to mock Johnny Gargano it wouldn't be for his PPV reactions.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Inspired by a comment I saw on Twitter today, I looked up the card for the very last edition of WCW Thunder, broadcast on March 21 2001, a show coming out when WCW was immediately pre-cancellation:

• Air Raid (Air Paris & Air Styles) vs. The Jung Dragons (Kaz Hayashi & Yang)
  • Cash vs. Jason Jett
  • Kanyon & Road Warrior Animal vs. MI Smooth & The Cat (w/Ms. Jones)
  • Rick Steiner vs. Hugh Morrus
  • Billy Kidman, Rey Mysterio Jr. & Shane Helms vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr., Elix Skipper & Kid Romeo
  • Chuck Palumbo vs. Mike Awesome
  • Jeff Jarrett & Scott Steiner (w/Midajah) vs. Dustin Rhodes

Some of the matches are kind of duff, but doesn't this look like a way more exciting card than anything WWF has put on Raw or Smackdown this year?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Honestly not really (on paper anyway). The Smackdown roster has guys like Roman, Nakamura, Sami Zayn, Owens, Daniel Bryan (until a couple weeks ago), etc wrestling fairly regularly on it. The booking and creative is dogshit, but that'd probably be the case on Thunder too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flashy_mcflash posted:

Honestly not really (on paper anyway). The Smackdown roster has guys like Roman, Nakamura, Sami Zayn, Owens, Daniel Bryan (until a couple weeks ago), etc wrestling fairly regularly on it. The booking and creative is dogshit, but that'd probably be the case on Thunder too.

Yeah if you look at a Smackdown card out of context in 20 years time maybe but Big E vs. Apollo sounds way less exciting when it's the 25th week in a row you've seen it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

Yeah if you look at a Smackdown card out of context in 20 years time maybe but Big E vs. Apollo sounds way less exciting when it's the 25th week in a row you've seen it

Oh for sure, plus you're not getting the context of Apollo's horrible gimmick if you do that. But just comparing cards on paper I still think current SD comes out ahead of late-stage Thunder. Probably Nitro too.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I don't think you'll find many people who think the roster is the problem for WWE's woes right now. The problem lies with the creative side of things. Out of the three top men's champions right now, the only one who actually interests me even remotely is Roman Reigns. Bobby Lashley is just boring as hell, and Karrion Kross is the worst NXT champion of all time currently. The women aren't in a much better spot either. Bianca is the only champion right now who interests me there (and even she has problems in that no one is built up to be an even remotely credible threat to her). Rhea has just been a disaster as champion (generally awful matches, awful promos, really poor charisma), and Raquel is the worst overall NXT Women's Champion as of right now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lamuella posted:

Inspired by a comment I saw on Twitter today, I looked up the card for the very last edition of WCW Thunder, broadcast on March 21 2001, a show coming out when WCW was immediately pre-cancellation:

• Air Raid (Air Paris & Air Styles) vs. The Jung Dragons (Kaz Hayashi & Yang)
  • Cash vs. Jason Jett
  • Kanyon & Road Warrior Animal vs. MI Smooth & The Cat (w/Ms. Jones)
  • Rick Steiner vs. Hugh Morrus
  • Billy Kidman, Rey Mysterio Jr. & Shane Helms vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr., Elix Skipper & Kid Romeo
  • Chuck Palumbo vs. Mike Awesome
  • Jeff Jarrett & Scott Steiner (w/Midajah) vs. Dustin Rhodes

Some of the matches are kind of duff, but doesn't this look like a way more exciting card than anything WWF has put on Raw or Smackdown this year?

It looks very much like a current WWE card with worse talent. Some promising newcomers, wasted veterans and a bunch of people we are totally sick of seeing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I will never get tired of looking at Midajah.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Dream put out a statement on Instagram about his release

quote:

The allegations from April 20, 2020 have effectively derailed any upward momentum I had professionally. And has ultimately resulted in my termination with WWE. My name is Patrick Clark, not the Velveteen Dream. Velveteen Dream is a character that I have spent years developing and trying to bring to life. The success of the Dream character relied heavily on kayfabe, my ability to blur Patrick Clark from Tough Enough with this over the top personality.

The character was conceptualized the day Prince passed, April 21, 2016. I knew nothing about him at that time, but my thinking was that I could use my interpretation of Prince to create an onscreen personality vastly different from who I am as a person. *Cue Velveteen Dream: A Sexually Ambiguous, Gender Fluid, Self Absorbed Diva. And as I learned more about Prince I began to tame certain aspects of the character. Aspects that I deemed way too over the top and inconsistent with who Prince was as a performer. Now before I unpack, I will say, I’ve enjoyed the many stories I’ve been able to share on camera and I’m grateful to the many people who trusted me with their safety and wellness.

Thank you to any and everybody who enjoyed and allowed me to be my character, whether you paid a ticket or walked up on me in Walmart. My goal was to provide you with the same escape that I was offered when I first started watching. My job was to play a character and to help advance storylines and drama for the fans who cared to tune in. I take any job I have seriouslym which is why I’ve remained silent about these allegations. To me addressing rumors would be working against an already compromised ability to sell a character I’ve invested in so heavily. After I had been accused, I was given the opportunity to be in a storyline that lasted a few months and I worked in a few segments unrelated to the story arch, but now I feel comfortable in this position to share with you the details of my accusations.

The night of April 20, from my verified Instagram account I postde a story to my followes letting them know that my DMs had been open. I received a few different messages ranging from support, to heckling, and some inquiring about how to get started in pro wrestling. I responded to a few, but not all, and in ther conversation Jaccob shared his interest in working as a wrestler one day and asked whart steps would be required. I messaged a short list of things he should consider if he was serious: Physique and Promo to start, Physique, because as an independent contractor no-one is going to make you train and eat in a way that creates the aesthetic of a believable pro wrestler. And promo because our job is to sell drama, and you can’t rely on someone flipping channels to stop to watch a choreographed fight, you’re more likely to grab their attention looking into a camera with a strong impassioned 30 second monologue. I also inquired about which schools he was closest to in relation to wrestling training, his weight, and his height.

Jaccob explained how anxious he felt messaging me and asked me to verify it was really me. I did find it strange, because I have a blue check, but as a lifelong fan I remember meet and greets and the days I would message wrestlers hoping to be seem, so I chalked it up to his innocence and sent a voice message in my Velveteen Dream voice, as to keep kayfabe, The full voice message has me asking Jacob about his height, weight, where he trained, and what school he attended. Which Jaccob answered back with a voice message and I continued to answer his questions until I politely wrapped up the conversation. April 21 I woke up to notifications of tags of created screenshots and videos of a conversation I didn’t have with Jaccob. I immediately contacted WWE’s talent relations and social media departments as to begin an investigation. Even after the investigation, WWE released a statement maintaining my innocence. The part that hurt for me was having a personal picture that I’ve used in my personal life, on apps, being used to label me as a predator. I am in now way of the word a predator. This is the first and only time I’ve been accused of solicitation to anyone.

Until I was accused of grooming by Joshua Fuller, unlike Jaccob, I know Josh. I met Josh after my stint on Tough Enough in (2015) at a meet and greet. And we developed a friendship through a mutual trainer at GXW. Josh shared to Twitter screenshots of the first time we communicated through text (2016), and autographed picture from when we met, and an extremely contradictory story. Josh alleged that I made him feel uncomfortable but contradicts himself twice by saying I was never sexual towards him. For those willng to research Josh’s tweet accusing me: Josh’s messages are in blue and mine in grey. Josh claimed that he was a 16-year-old high school graduate and that he takes “yearly trips” with his friend to Orlando, FL.

I doubted that when he told me, yet I kept my replies diplomatic and professional. The reality of the situation is that I was very helpful and respectful to Josh. Josh lives with his grandparents in rural southern Maryland. Josh got a concussion (2017) and against my advice, insisted on wrestling. My worry came from Josh severaly injurying himself, specifically his brain. I suggested he take time off from training to see a doctor. He declined because he believed he could work through the concussion, and I cut all communication with him in 2018 because I didn’t want to be partially responsible had he worsened his injury. So to have him accuse me of predatory behavior because I chose not to help was spiteful.

Josh and Jaccob are 2 of MANY people that I’ve helped. Yet these are the only two who have found me to be malicious and predatory in how I go about helping others. What wasn’t shared at the time

Josh Fuller reached out to Jaccob over social media before Josh put out his own accusation. When this came out Josh Fuller temporarily deleted his Twitter account @joshfullerpw
Which is important because in all the social media confusion, Josh Fuller is the only one who suggested that an investigation had not been done and that he had not been contacted.
Jaccob deleted his social media after he was outed for being a member of an anti-black group chat.
There is a public forum, wwe lpsg stars where people are buying, selling and sharing explicit photos and videos of multiple wrestlers and no-one has done anything to have this site taken down.
All in all this entire experience defamed my character and ultimately accomplished what it sought out to do and that was to see me released. My hope is that over time people can put 2 and 2 together and realize that all the allegations surrounding me were baseless and untrue from jump. I felt strongly about not needing to defend myself on social media for a while now, but I understand the audience I work for and those who know me deserve clarity. I’m thankful for the opportunities afforded to me and the memories I have as a receipt. GOD HAS ALWAYS HAD ME AND HE ALWAYS WILL. DREAM IS OFFICIALLY OVER

BUT Patrick Clark LIVES TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yeah sure dude put their home addresses in their while you’re at it. Eat poo poo and die Patrick Clark.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Yeah he totally did nothing wrong except "being a friend" to minors to critique their physiques. Yup, totally makes sense, no issues there.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

somehow the most offensive part of that whole loving thing was confessing he didn't even know anything about who Prince was but decided to emulate him anyway lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

" I chalked it up to his innocence and sent a voice message in my Velveteen Dream voice, as to keep kayfabe, The full voice message has me asking Jacob about his height, weight, where he trained, and what school he attended."

:whitewater:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

DLC Inc posted:

somehow the most offensive part of that whole loving thing was confessing he didn't even know anything about who Prince was but decided to emulate him anyway lol

Hahaha I thought the same thing

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

"These people accused me of predatory behavior but nobody else did!" Is not exactly a great defense.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol that Velveteen doesn't even mention anything about what a piece of poo poo rageaholic he supposedly was at the performance center, doing poo poo like breaking car windows, which was likely what stopped HHH from saving him or trying to help him further.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

lol that Velveteen doesn't even mention anything about what a piece of poo poo rageaholic he supposedly was at the performance center, doing poo poo like breaking car windows, which was likely what stopped HHH from saving him or trying to help him further.

He was helping those people get into their cars after they'd lost their keys. Definitely helping.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just a 21 year old keeping up a private friendship with a 16 year old he met online that sends him pics of his body, it's all totally innocent

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

DLC Inc posted:

Wasn't that Drake?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

Wasn't that Drake?

No it was Dream. SRS and other people have said there were other factors that lead to his release

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/velveteen-dream-was-accused-smashing-car-window-late-2019-arrest-warrant-was-issued-recalled

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

oh gently caress off. with all of the evidence that was out there from 3 different accusers (including: his phone number, videos of conversations on instagram, and a never before leaked nude photo) if those kids actually faked all of this they should be working for the loving CIA

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yeah idk how “admitting to having a relationship with the minors who accused me” is a good look for him, and also he sidesteps explaining how explicit pictures of him made it online in the first place!!!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

It’s also really really poo poo that Dream basically advertised in his apology a site where you can go to for creepshots and hacked nude photos of other talents.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that's up there with the David Starr defense of "I'm an awful horrific person but I'm soooo not a rapist"

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

A Fancy Hat posted:

Yeah he totally did nothing wrong except "being a friend" to minors to critique their physiques. Yup, totally makes sense, no issues there.

While I think it is possible for an adult guy with experience to offer assistance and critique to younger guys (including minors, essentially working as a coach) working to build muscle and whatnot, that ain't what's fuckin happening here and it's not okay at all.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
theres like 0% chance patrick clark ran that by a single lawyer or PR person, and for that i am thankful

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Just casually dropping that line about asking what school he goes to, because that's so important in helping him.

Can't wait to see what he gets arrested for in 1-2 years after everyone stops caring about him in like half a week!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol that he admitted to it being his voice and everything after months of weirdos saying it was faked or w/e. well, i hope i don't have to hear about him anymore.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yea ok posted:

lol that he admitted to it being his voice and everything after months of weirdos saying it was faked or w/e. well, i hope i don't have to hear about him anymore.

You don’t know how many times I saw someone claiming “it’s so easy to make deep fakes of someone’s voice”

Really? It’s easy? Anyone can do it?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yea ok posted:

im afraid ive got some bad news

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Oh come on, Wade too?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Have to love letters/posts that are meant to prove innocence but end up being a smoking gun for being 100% guilty

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Best part is his explanation for where the dick pic came from.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I cannot get over how bad Tamina's superfly splash looks, it looks like she falls off the top ropes onto the mat near her opponent then just kinda lays on them after obviously landing on her knees. Did it used to be better, has an injury or age made her not able to actually jump off the top rope, and if so why keep doing it?

This is unrelated to anything else of interest going on in the IWC today.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm pretty sure it's always been like that

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPQ8jllJMRc/

oh no.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

My heart skipped a beat when I thought that was Schiavone just to the right of him.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Fightful Select is reporting that there will be more NXT AND NXT UK callups debuting on RAW and Smackdown soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I cannot get over how bad Tamina's superfly splash looks, it looks like she falls off the top ropes onto the mat near her opponent then just kinda lays on them after obviously landing on her knees. Did it used to be better, has an injury or age made her not able to actually jump off the top rope, and if so why keep doing it?

This is unrelated to anything else of interest going on in the IWC today.

This doesn't look bad https://gfycat.com/HairyWatchfulEasternnewt

This 5 years ago and looks just as bad as she does now
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/879876398457868289

Now
https://twitter.com/WWEonFOX/status/1388291062171639815?s=19