Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol Jesus

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

got space race victory in Civ 4 as Augustus/Rome, quick speed, small map, Noble difficulty. Had a score lead the whole time, and I never got into the zombie-style clicking End Turn over and over in the late game that causes me to lose so much. Also focused a lot more on getting decent production into my cities for a change, some of the late game buildings I used to ignore like factories, power plants and labs are very helpful for building space ship parts. I didn't expand enough so I never got access to aluminum which would've sped up spaceship building even more but it ended up not mattering too much. Built the last part with 70 turns left and won, final time was 3:50-something. Think I'm ready to move on to Prince. as much as I sing this game's praises I'm not very good at it lol.

please don't post about good games, or actual videogames for that matter, in the broken microsoft excel spreadsheet with a confusing ui megathread

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Amazing! :D

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

please don't post about good games, or actual videogames for that matter, in the broken microsoft excel spreadsheet with a confusing ui megathread

Get out of here you son of a bitch.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lmao

The last time I tried that mod I got to the bronze age and it took me a whole saturday to do.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

sort of feel like we don't need the sticky anymore. someone posted a map games thread so it doesn't seem to work anyway, lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

nooooooo now it's going to slide to page 8 before Vicky 3 comes out

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

sort of feel like we don't need the sticky anymore. someone posted a map games thread so it doesn't seem to work anyway, lol.

Who did this I'll kill them

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

*nervously sweating bullets, armpit stains visible on shirt* heh yeah, that would be completely ridiculous. but murder? i mean murder seems.. seems a little.. eh heh..

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

They guy who goldmined the Turdiak thread prematurely should stop 'feeling' things about the forums. Farking noob. I'm not mad.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
End of an era...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

They guy who goldmined the Turdiak thread prematurely should stop 'feeling' things about the forums. Farking noob. I'm not mad.

I am

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Why isn't this stickied.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Average Bear posted:

Why isn't this stickied.

because you touch yourself at night, topic locked

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

🤔

:thunk:

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

paradox games are the kind of games that it's fun to be bad at. "my half-brother is scheming to kill me? well how about i challenge him to a duel and see how that-- oh he just killed me in the duel okay"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Average Bear posted:

Why isn't this stickied.

find your old avatar, average bear.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
lol Wiz

https://www.twitch.tv/florryworry/clip/CuriousChillyWerewolfAliens-b_cJKXLZFOnSWpjJ?filter=clips&range=30d&sort=time

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

how come I enjoy every paradox game except for EU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

play Anbennar for a change

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
me, ever since the Emperor release:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Stairmaster posted:

not playing aggressive enough

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Anbennar is cool. I managed to awaken the dragon as kobolds once in a MP game and you might as well stop playing after that lol, it ruined the game for everyone

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Stairmaster posted:

it's this:

frankenfreak posted:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

frankenfreak posted:

This. But also the most fun I think I ever had was playing as Austria when the new HRE mechanics were still broken. Revoking by 1490 with half of Europe already under you... Oh momma.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I wanna play eu 4 again but haven’t launched it in 5 years. Still own almost all the dlc though...like a boss.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I wanna play eu 4 again but haven’t launched it in 5 years. Still own almost all the dlc though...like a boss.

Yeah, same! :respek: I've heard of all these big changes here and on FB, which is part of what puts me off, a little. (Plus the time investment of relearning it. I haven't been able to play a full mapgame campaign in yonks, sadly)

Since yeah, I remember reading a lot of stuff about how the country-specific DLC (like the Britain one and the Spanish one) really imbalance the game, in their favour. So if I was to actually dive back in, I'm not sure which of the new DLC to go for and which to avoid. :ohdear: That being said though, I have a constant urge to play as either a colonial nation or a small custom new world nation, and see how I fare. Argh!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/pdxvictoria/status/1427291684304531459?s=21

Mind= blown . WMV

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Has anyone played EU4 since Leviathan?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Average Bear posted:

I literally had to use a mod that remvoes several nations because the new provinces made the game unthinkably laggy on my potato pc

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Average Bear posted:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Plutonis posted:

I literally had to use a mod that remvoes several nations because the new provinces made the game unthinkably laggy on my potato pc

the create new states notification can also cause an insane amount of lag midgame if you don't dismiss it. v cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Average Bear posted:

No and this post just reminded me to uninstall.