Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/AlanRMacLeod/status/1397215883802595339?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Child labour must be stopped before it creates more Guardian columnists

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1397524125992865794

lol Gerry Adams' ears just pricked up.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Lol

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Could you imagine what damage they might do if they hadn't destroyed their braincells with coke and pig STDs?

also Re people being pessimistic chat: We haven't had a government that inspired any kind of hope in my lifetime at least. John major was PM when I was born and it's gone downhill since.

I think the "best" PM we've had since I was born was Gordon Brown???? Which might be the most depressing thought I've ever thunk.

Britain is actually a nice place, I like the grey skies and the cold and the almost weaponised food. It's run by a bunch of shits though and there's no signs of that improving any time soon.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

DC: "Do not pick a fight with Rashford"

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
It is honestly a source of endless relief to me that bojo is most of the tory leadership seem to be in it primarily to line their pockets and look important and get laid. If they had any idea how much power they had and decided to really go hard down the ideological project route we'd be in 100x more trouble than we are now and we're in plenty enough as it is.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Looks like there may be a formal confidence/supply arrangement in Scotland between SNP and Greens (though full coalition would be more interesting).

https://twitter.com/GlennBBC/status/1397530854134538240

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

I'm pretty annoyed at how left shitposters are better at political analysis that all media and politicians.

It's not even a case of enough people saying different things so someone had to be right it was pretty much a consistent chorus of 'what's going on and what's going to happen' from the left and a litany of denial from the main parties and journalists and guess who was right? Maddening.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

And they wonder why nobody trusts them any more

https://twitter.com/pippacrerar/status/1397503790564188163?s=21

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

ThomasPaine posted:

It is honestly a source of endless relief to me that bojo is most of the tory leadership seem to be in it primarily to line their pockets and look important and get laid. If they had any idea how much power they had and decided to really go hard down the ideological project route we'd be in 100x more trouble than we are now and we're in plenty enough as it is.

i think this is happening, they are openly declaring the war on woke which will eventually lead to a fascist government
they do seem to be pursuing this ideological war against social justice, british history and the left and basically rolling back all the multiculturalism stuff with pretty much the full support of the press and party

its just whether it gets derailed by laziness and venality

e: like i know since i read the first 10 pages i read more of that racism report than any journalist in the UK, but it was just a long form rejection of multiculturalism. it defined institutional racism as not being able to exist in the UK and then said the conculusion of the report was that white people are getting left behind but nobody said the N-word so the terrible outcomes for black people in the UK are because carribeans are lazy and dangerous, unlike the hard working africans.

this is the new ideological project and its being carried out

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 13:47 on May 26, 2021

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Do they still not understand the difference between someone leaking them info about someone/something else and uncritically repeating what someone wants you to say about them?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

All of this has served to confirm the wisdom of getting all my news and hot takes from this website and shitpost left Twitter.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

uk journalists never learned about sources in GCSE so they're always like "hitler says jews are bad? well thats straight from the horses mouth!"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

There was some chomsky line where he says if something is 100% predictable it contains no information.

So if you ask a politician "was what you just did bad or good?" them saying what they did was good contains no information.
Likewise if you ask the opposing party and they say "it was bad actually" there is no new information here

But that is political journalism in the UK, there is no analysis just them asking professional liars to lie to them and then repeating them. It's all entirely information free which is why the long term political journalists end up with completely empty skulls.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/Card5hark/status/1397499553809670147
Genuinely unbelievable.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Communist Thoughts posted:

i think this is happening, they are openly declaring the war on woke which will eventually lead to a fascist government
they do seem to be pursuing this ideological war against social justice, british history and the left and basically rolling back all the multiculturalism stuff with pretty much the full support of the press and party

its just whether it gets derailed by laziness and venality

e: like i know since i read the first 10 pages i read more of that racism report than any journalist in the UK, but it was just a long form rejection of multiculturalism. it defined institutional racism as not being able to exist in the UK and then said the conculusion of the report was that white people are getting left behind but nobody said the N-word so the terrible outcomes for black people in the UK are because carribeans are lazy and dangerous, unlike the hard working africans.

this is the new ideological project and its being carried out

Oh you're right but they could go 100x harder and 100x faster and no one could stop them. They're still feeling like they have to slightly pander to the media and the public and the institutions and parliamentary process. They're working within a fundamentally liberal democratic ideological frame even if they're pulling awful poo poo constantly and pushing the boundaries behind the scenes. That just tells me they either don't know how much power they have or aren't really that interested in a really grand scale political project beyond 'more of the same but more money for us'. For example the institutional racism redefinition along with a lot of other bad policy feels more like they're playing to reactionaries for votes to keep themselves in power, whether they believe it or not, rather than being the point itself.

What I'm saying I guess is bojo could pass an enabling act tomorrow and no one could really stop him if his backbenchers went along with it, which they would.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

https://twitter.com/mlothianmclean/status/1397537514387382275

https://twitter.com/fsrtweet/status/1397536504356945932

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The wagon-circling is always very amusongly transparent, you can see the WhatsApp groups churning in the background

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

ThomasPaine posted:

Oh you're right but they could go 100x harder and 100x faster and no one could stop them. They're still feeling like they have to slightly pander to the media and the public and the institutions and parliamentary process. They're working within a fundamentally liberal democratic ideological frame even if they're pulling awful poo poo constantly and pushing the boundaries behind the scenes. That just tells me they either don't know how much power they have or aren't really that interested in a really grand scale political project beyond 'more of the same but more money for us'. For example the institutional racism redefinition along with a lot of other bad policy feels more like they're playing to reactionaries for votes to keep themselves in power, whether they believe it or not, rather than being the point itself.

What I'm saying I guess is bojo could pass an enabling act tomorrow and no one could really stop him if his backbenchers went along with it, which they would.

They did recently pass an act that made all state crimes legal

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Also lmao at "Labour Stands For People Who Stand Together"

My dad thinks Lisa Nandy is uncommonly clever and insightful for an MP and... Well I guess maybe he just has a really low standard for MPs which is fair

Really funny theyr asking labour what their policies are on the day of another huge bojo scandal and they just keep repeating "we support the tories!"

This is why we voted for the crap old man. He looks like a loving genius in comparison

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

To be fair I don't know how anyone could flog Keith's 'not opposing for opposition's sake' shite

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

multijoe posted:

To be fair I don't know how anyone could flog Keith's 'not opposing for opposition's sake' shite

Isn't he a lawyer of some kind? Surely he's familiar with the idea that even if you agree with something, you should oppose it in the ways you can, to make sure it's as robust as possible? Or does he think lawyers who defend obviously-guilty people are evil?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

knox_harrington posted:

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1397461791198830597

UKMT May 2021: It's like Aesop's Fables for cunts

UKMT May 2021: Aesop's Fables for Dunts

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
lisa TOWWNTH is a reece shearsmith character imo

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

HopperUK posted:

Isn't he a lawyer of some kind? Surely he's familiar with the idea that even if you agree with something, you should oppose it in the ways you can, to make sure it's as robust as possible? Or does he think lawyers who defend obviously-guilty people are evil?

he was a prosecutor, he thinks all defence lawyers are evil

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

he was a prosecutor, he thinks all defence lawyers are evil

Leader of the Opposition Miles Edgeworth.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Comrade Fakename posted:

Leader of the Opposition Miles Edgeworth.

If only he had the personality or drive of any of the Phoenix Wright prosecutors we might be in a better position. Even the ones that were also murderers.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

stev posted:

If only he had the personality or drive of any of the Phoenix Wright prosecutors we might be in a better position. Even the ones that were also murderers.

Public perception would skyrocket if he started carrying a whip with him wherever he went.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

stev posted:

Yeah Blair was more of a Von Karma type at least

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

March 13th was a banner day for this bullshit

https://twitter.com/haveigotnews/status/1238435204160684034?s=21

Cthulwho
Aug 31, 2009
Keith was director of public prosectutions and thought it was good, actually, to lock up kids who'd been in the london riots for unjustifiably long times via 24 hour courts. Absolute dickhead.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

stev posted:

Leader of the opposition Winston Payne would be an improvement at this point i think.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1397561805279571971
"I am removing this verbatim quote from my reporting because it may provoke a negative reaction towards a fellow journalist. I do not consider censoring my reporting like this a problem."

Although huge lol at "I have deleted this tweet" accompanied by a screenshot of the tweet that she no longer wants read.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1397561805279571971
"I am removing this verbatim quote from my reporting because it may provoke a negative reaction towards a fellow journalist. I do not consider censoring my reporting like this a problem."

Although huge lol at "I have deleted this tweet" accompanied by a screenshot of the tweet that she no longer wants read.

"A source close to Laura K insists she's actually very good at her job and definitely not a downing street shill"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Cthulwho posted:

Keith was director of public prosectutions and thought it was good, actually, to lock up kids who'd been in the london riots for unjustifiably long times via 24 hour courts. Absolute dickhead.

He also ran interference and signed off on mi5 stringing a guy up from the ceiling and slicing his cock

And Ian Tomlinsons murder

And every nasty thing that happened while he was in the post coz that's the job

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/andrewteale/status/1397563010835787778?s=19

Forensic

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Goddamn it phillby who inflicted the McElroy av on you

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Lib Dems propping up the Tories is the opposite of news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

If I was the leader of the Labour group in Durham County Council I would have simply negotiated my own coalition.

You would expect the largest party to be able to do such a thing?