Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Walla posted:

That's the one! Thanks!

:mods:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

This is Wario, if you think about it

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

What makes biomutant noteworthy in the first place? Why has it been on everybody's lips this past week?

The trailers made it look like the true Beyond Good and Evil 2

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It's the perfect av for June.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'm not one of those freaks that remembers posts people make to whip it back out as some sort of own later

Hold on saving this post for later haha

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

Disco is Twitter the Game.

ahh that sounds awful though

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I thought Twitter the game was Dream Daddy?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ooh hey, here is me not realizing that Disgaea 6 has a demo on Switch America now, and it launches in the U.S. on June 29.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

wuggles posted:

This is Wario, if you think about it

This is no Wario, boy. No Wario!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'm not one of those freaks that remembers posts people make to whip it back out as some sort of own later

:laugh:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

What is the size scale in Biomutant? It looks like character creation makes the character look tiny next to grass and small stones, but then you start exploring abandoned brick buildings? You use a toothbrush as a club but also there are lightbulbs that are “normal” sized and not massive?

It's definitely not to any specific scale, grass is typically scaled the size you'd expect for a human-size being, so are a lot of the props in the world. You're basically human size and stuff is human scale except for when they want to get cute and throw in a giant toothbrush or whatever

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Has anyone remarked how stupid the player character looks in Days Gone? I think it's just the backwards baseball cap, which I only today realized was a backwards hat and not a du-rag I didn't understand why that guy was wearing. I think the game might look better in screenshots with literally any other outfit or character, even just the generic baldish white guy from videogame covers.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
He should wear a helmet imo. And he can dramatically throw it down when he gets off the bike like in sleeping dogs

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
he doesn't wear a helmet because he doesn't want the zombies to think he's uncool, which doesnt make sense as a joke because bikers love to show off they helmet

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The idea of a guy the game introduces as having lost everything and explicitly saying has a death wish stopping and putting on a helmet is really funny to me.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Khanstant posted:

Has anyone remarked how stupid the player character looks in Days Gone? I think it's just the backwards baseball cap, which I only today realized was a backwards hat and not a du-rag I didn't understand why that guy was wearing. I think the game might look better in screenshots with literally any other outfit or character, even just the generic baldish white guy from videogame covers.

I remember some discourse around how the protag looked like some generic bro-dude and on first glance and hearing the premise it sure sounds like a generic game:

post apocalypse
zombies but don't call them that
backwards capped bearded drifter mercenary biker
lost wife

It's apparently good but I definitely wasn't rushing out to find info about it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It's a pretty divisive game. It's nothing special imo, and totally skippable.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Its extremely funny that Jonathan Gone the protagonist of Days Gone not only wears a backwards baseball cap to his wedding but when he joins the army they make him take it off then he wears his army cap backwards.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I will never stop noting that Days Gone Man was also Darth Vader's Super Secret Surprise Apprentice and one day they will bring that character back but with a beard, bringing everything full circle.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Days Gone is pretty good

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pwnstar posted:

Its extremely funny that Jonathan Gone the protagonist of Days Gone not only wears a backwards baseball cap to his wedding but when he joins the army they make him take it off then he wears his army cap backwards.

I thought his name was Deacon St. Gone

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
More like Days Yawn

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

haveblue posted:

I thought his name was Deacon St. Gone

Days Gone is the sequel to Gone Girl

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
when deacon st gone spins his hat that's your cue to put on the 3d glasses from your box of rice krispies

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I have no idea why Days Gone gets so much heat around here. Like yeah the characters are goofy, like in all video games ever, but if you actually play the game it's like, made with genuine passion and not just another cookie cutter game, which is ironic of-course because it's an open world zombie game

But like, the devs really put in a good faith effort, almost to a fault. The game is bizarrely long, it's longer than RDR2 and the map ends up being about the same size. It just keeps going far beyond the point you'd think it will, until the last third of the game feels like you're playing the sequel to the first third

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

June PS+ is the best its been in a very long time.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Simone Magus posted:

I have no idea why Days Gone gets so much heat around here. Like yeah the characters are goofy, like in all video games ever, but if you actually play the game it's like, made with genuine passion and not just another cookie cutter game, which is ironic of-course because it's an open world zombie game

But like, the devs really put in a good faith effort, almost to a fault. The game is bizarrely long, it's longer than RDR2 and the map ends up being about the same size. It just keeps going far beyond the point you'd think it will, until the last third of the game feels like you're playing the sequel to the first third

That sounds bad

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm sure it's amazing in VR but Squadrons without it underwhelming. I got bored a few missions in. Definitely a good pickup for PS+ though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

this is an understandable mistake. It's not bears that are fake, it's cameras

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

That sounds bad

There's no such thing as a game that appeals to everyone and I'm legit getting tired of ever hearing people say they don't like things. Cool, we all don't like things.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

I'd say it's cookie cutter as hell, I hate all the characters/dialogue/story I saw and the gameplay hooks did nothing for me. And while it's got some nice tech, I do hate actually looking at it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Simone Magus posted:

There's no such thing as a game that appeals to everyone and I'm legit getting tired of ever hearing people say they don't like things. Cool, we all don't like things.

It's okay for people to express emotions and feelings other than positivity

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
it's cool if you like days gone

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
talking about the things i don't like generally helps me refine and better understand my own taste so i can better enjoy the things i do like, such as sonic colors

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I do hate actually looking at it

All those with your monitor on step forward NOT SO FAST SPRING BREAK MY HEART hahaha

Did I do it right

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If I was the supreme leader of the internet I'd ban everyone except professional game designers from commenting on what is and isn't "bad game design"

It's one thing to vocally not like a thing and another thing entirely to pretend you're the objective authority in the room and that your dislike of a thing is because of an objective game design fact

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Looper posted:

talking about the things i don't like generally helps me refine and better understand my own taste so i can better enjoy the things i do like, such as sonic colors

I think there's a difference between discussing and talking about a thing you may not necessarily like as a means to better understand it and simply saying "thing bad." One of them is something other people can engage with and talk about as well and the other simply is a declaration of opinion and okay cool thanks if you're just going to do that I'd rather hear about things that bring people joy.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Harrow posted:

If I was the supreme leader of the internet I'd ban everyone except professional game designers from commenting on what is and isn't "bad game design"

It's one thing to vocally not like a thing and another thing entirely to pretend you're the objective authority in the room and that your dislike of a thing is because of an objective game design fact

having read the first twenty or so pages of the sekiro thread (after the game came out) i disagree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
ORANGE you glad I didn't say turn on your monitor!