Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
In a vacuum, I don't find Karrion Kross terrible but knowing he's a chud makes it hard to get into him. It seems relatively common knowledge and may be one reason why he hasn't connected, same with Raquel Gonzalez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

WWE are basically the Harley Davidson of wrestling companies. A heritage brand who are in the control of people who don't actually know their industry and are resolutely marketing to an aging population who were young the last time the company was cool.

And a large portion of their potential customer base has abandoned them for Japanese brands that cater to them.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Lamuella posted:

WWE are basically the Harley Davidson of wrestling companies. A heritage brand who are in the control of people who don't actually know their industry and are resolutely marketing to an aging population who were young the last time the company was cool.

This is a parallel I never thought of but holy poo poo it's perfect. The only difference is WWE is being kept alive by that sweet sweet TV money while HD has nothing to save them.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
There is not any one factor at play here. Nothing interesting happens at all on the shows. Fans are just tuning out because they are bored.

Waiting for the day that Raw gets 1.409 million

That Raw had 4.43 million viewers

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Akileese posted:

This is a parallel I never thought of but holy poo poo it's perfect. The only difference is WWE is being kept alive by that sweet sweet TV money while HD has nothing to save them.

HD has made some pretty nice e-motorcycles, but they are too expensive for a cohort of younger Americans who don’t have any brand loyalty to the brand. There are plenty of e-bike and e-motorcycle companies making more focused, interesting products for the same price or cheaper.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Will this guy last longer than the last guy?

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1397637425514516480

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mauro calling up Jimmy and telling him all the stuff to avoid. "whatever you do, don't sneeze"

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

They tried a dude with a weird name and it didn’t work out, maybe a dude with the most generic name possible will

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jimmy Smith was legitimately one of the best MMA commentators; how that will translate to professional wrestling, I have no idea.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CarlCX posted:

Jimmy Smith was legitimately one of the best MMA commentators; how that will translate to professional wrestling, I have no idea.

so I should stop calling him a low rent Joe Rogan?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Jimmy Smith is pretty nervous about Raw, there’s vomit on his sweater already, moms spaghetti.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

In his defense, we don't know if he's a batshit crazy moron like Joe, so maybe.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 27, 2021

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

coconono posted:

Mauro calling up Jimmy and telling him all the stuff to avoid. "whatever you do, don't sneeze"

“They get really angry when you actually call a move what it’s called instead of going OH MY so, uh, try to avoid that”

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

CarlCX posted:

I'm sure it will translate swimmingly with a brain-damaged geriatric constantly in his ear

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I'm sure it will translate swimmingly with a brain-damaged geriatric constantly in his ear

Turns out cauliflower ear is the perfect Vince filter

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

coconono posted:

He's definitely better than Joe but that's a low bar. Nah, Jimmy was a good MMA colour guy. No idea how that translates to what WWE does though.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
NXT Ratings from last night:

698,000, 0.13 in the demo.

Who would have thought having Raquel and Kross beat the two most over people on the brand for the championships would have such a bad effect?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Michael Cole puts Jimmy Smith through a grueling six hour session where he just says ITS BOSS TIME over and over

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

oldpainless posted:

Michael Cole puts Jimmy Smith through a grueling six hour session where he just says ITS BOSS TIME over and over

Ironically, Virk got the job based on an audition he did with Cole producing, which says to me that it probably is down to Vince and Dunn that he washed out.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Your new lead RAW announcer.

https://twitter.com/jimmysmithmma/status/1143597949735321602

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

DarkstarIV posted:

NXT Ratings from last night:

698,000, 0.13 in the demo.

Who would have thought having Raquel and Kross beat the two most over people on the brand for the championships would have such a bad effect?

I don't know if they are going to get that message though. They're going to be able to blame two giant basketball games. I know that's what I was watching!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

he sounds cooler than any of the dorks they’ve had commentate in the last 20 years

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rick posted:

I don't know if they are going to get that message though. They're going to be able to blame two giant basketball games. I know that's what I was watching!

I mean you can track NXT's ratings and they've been dropping ever since the first unopposed show on Tuesdays. And that was before playoffs.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Every WWE 3rd brand show trends downward over time. If WWE doesn’t realize this, I would be very surprised. NXT will transition to a peacock exclusive once the deal comes up for renegotiation.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

jesus WEP posted:

he sounds cooler than any of the dorks they’ve had commentate in the last 20 years
Comparing Chael to Heenan is haram

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
basketball kicks rear end

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

coconono posted:

Every WWE 3rd brand show trends downward over time. If WWE doesn’t realize this, I would be very surprised. NXT will transition to a peacock exclusive once the deal comes up for renegotiation.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

coconono posted:

Every WWE 3rd brand show trends downward over time. If WWE doesn’t realize this, I would be very surprised. NXT will transition to a peacock exclusive for 800 million dollars once the deal comes up for renegotiation.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I have forgotten every week that NXT has been on Tuesdays since the week after it changed days.

I usually go online and see results posted and go “oh yeah, NXT was on” then read results and feel like I missed nothing important.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NXT is a good show with the problem that the main champ sucks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

number down give me good brain chemicals

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Codependent Poster posted:

NXT is a good show with the problem that the main champ sucks.

It’s just as lovely as when those people were not champs and taking up just as much screen time.

The shows are never based around the champions. Raquel Gonzalez Has been on TV much much more than Io over the past year, and wrestled more matches.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Whoever said that NXT’s rating was inflated by AEW viewers flipping over during commercials was probably right.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The problem with NXT is that it's marketed as the future of Pro Wrestling that we should all be getting excited about and it's top guys are all stale as gently caress dudes with no future outside of NXT. It's hard to get excited about a product where the goal is to leave and every time someone does it they instantly become just another guy on Raw or Smackdown.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah for real. And then you have a dude like Balor who clearly saw how much the main shows sucked poo poo so he came back to NXT. Like why even bother any more.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I saw someone write this somewhere and it instantly clicked with me - NXT's appeal before being put on TV was being the alternative to the main roster, and they killed that narrative when they were put on TV to kill the actual alternative.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Pylons posted:

I saw someone write this somewhere and it instantly clicked with me - NXT's appeal before being put on TV was being the alternative to the main roster, and they killed that narrative when they were put on TV to kill the actual alternative.

Well that and the booking was hard taken over with the promise it will still be the same as befohahahahahHhshahahhahahahah

https://www.kayfabenews.com/john-ce...ional-monarchy/

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

coconono posted:

He'd be more like "whatever you DO don't pull a Daphne Duckbill and Utilize the powers that beguil even Dark Wing Duck, DAB!"

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
To add to what was already said:

NXT's top two champs right now are the most main roster-esque champs possible as well. I can't believe I'm saying this (again), but Karrion Kross is a significantly worse Baron Corbin, and Raquel's only claim to the title is that "she's big". That's it. The forced "moment" they had on TV with her, Rhea, and Bianca only cemented the fact that they are trying everything possible to make her "cool" and it's not working (although I would argue the only cool women's champ in WWE right now is Bianca).

It also doesn't help that you take both Balor and Shirai off of TV around the same time, and while Balor returned, it's pretty clear he wasn't going to get the title back right now, so why get invested? And as for Shirai, she's still off of TV, and I would not be shocked if the true reason ends up being that because she would overshadow everything Raquel would be doing as champ.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I will take a thousand Mauroisms over a single McMahon parroted Box like Structure.