Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

NXT's problem is it's part of WWE. It's not complicated lol

Edit: drat compromised this page to a permanent end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Astro7x posted:

It’s just as lovely as when those people were not champs and taking up just as much screen time.

The shows are never based around the champions. Raquel Gonzalez Has been on TV much much more than Io over the past year, and wrestled more matches.

You just said you don't watch it and read results so how would you know? Like it's fine to have an opinion, but you can't go "well I don't think I missed much" and then go "it's lovely" because you have nothing to base that opinion off of. Reading recaps isn't the same as watching.

Like there are a lot of good things they put on that are enjoyable. But I can also understand that people may not want to invest time into it because WWE messed up by having people they move off the brand end up doing jack poo poo, and that does make it hard to really get behind people because there's a sense that eventually they'll just be ruined. That's a valid complaint. But the show itself is mostly entertaining, with solid talent putting on good matches and some decent storylines, and some really good comedy stuff.

And I do think putting it on TV has hurt it, because beforehand you would get full matches without interruption, and that made it more the wrestling brand. You still get a lot more in-ring action than either Raw or Smackdown, but it's not as different from those shows as it used to be. But it's still worth watching, especially over the other two main shows.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

I will take a thousand Mauroisms over a single McMahon parroted Box like Structure.

There's a reason why Impact made sure to get Mauro to call Omega winning the belt. He's a really great announcer (and actually similar to Excalibur in a lot of ways, tbh) when he doesn't have the WWE machine forcing him to hit their branding every 10 seconds and trying to sand off the edges that make him fun.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Codependent Poster posted:

You just said you don't watch it and read results so how would you know? Like it's fine to have an opinion, but you can't go "well I don't think I missed much" and then go "it's lovely" because you have nothing to base that opinion off of. Reading recaps isn't the same as watching.

Like there are a lot of good things they put on that are enjoyable. But I can also understand that people may not want to invest time into it because WWE messed up by having people they move off the brand end up doing jack poo poo, and that does make it hard to really get behind people because there's a sense that eventually they'll just be ruined. That's a valid complaint. But the show itself is mostly entertaining, with solid talent putting on good matches and some decent storylines, and some really good comedy stuff.

And I do think putting it on TV has hurt it, because beforehand you would get full matches without interruption, and that made it more the wrestling brand. You still get a lot more in-ring action than either Raw or Smackdown, but it's not as different from those shows as it used to be. But it's still worth watching, especially over the other two main shows.

it sucks OP lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alan_Shore posted:

NXT's problem is it's part of WWE. It's not complicated lol

Edit: drat compromised this page to a permanent end

Yeah, but it used to feel like it wasn't and that was nice

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I got love for you and I feel everything you're saying, but there's never a situation where this forum is going to be cool with anyone enjoying any element of it, and i don't mean validating you or me or anyone else whoever enjoys WWE in any way, but the the people who are left here just don't want to hear it, I changed every thought I had coming here just so I'd no longer get in arguments with people, it's just not worth it.

For what it's worth I see your posts that are positive about wrestling all over and I appreciate them, and also you. Wrestling is good all over the world, that's a fact at least.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

WWE is an objectively evil company. You can't wordsmith your way around it no matter how much you enjoy watching Taargus Taargus

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
wwe needs to bring back limp bizkit for next mania

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
maybe even bring out a dmx hologram for rollin’ (urban assault vehicle)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
wes borland is a draw

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NXT is long past the days where HHH was hiring all of the ready made stars that were available to make him look like a genius. It isn’t some conspiracy that it’s no longer the hot product. They ran through the Samoa Joe’s, Steens, and Shinsukes and now actually have to build up stars, and for the most part suck at it just like they always have, except it matters now.

It’s an incredibly tedious weekly show with aimless booking, and wrestlers that can be called up and wasted at any moment. At this point it is essentially Raw with Skulls. They occasionally still put on a good Takeover match still, because it would be hard not to back into a good match with some of the wrestlers they have, but that hasn’t made for a compelling weekly product to follow. There aren’t many must see moments or captivating stars.

The only good thing about it is that it’s a well documented project of HHH wasting millions of dollars to prove he can’t run the company.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

wes borland is a draw

but you need the korn guy for the true XIX tribute

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

wes borland is a draw

The Home Improvement guy?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

explosivo posted:

no that was al borland his father

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Sure, NXT used to be must-watch but a lot of the show doesn't have the same charm it used to so now it's a lot more like WWE without Vince instead of a real alternative.

I'll watch the clips of Sarray, Cameron Grimes, and Dexter Lumis because they're entertaining to me but Io Shirai has plateau'd since they don't have her involved in actual stories and Kyle O'Riley has gotten aggressively lame, and not in the endearing way he used to be. When there's already easily 6-10 hours of good wrestling content a week I don't need to spend another 2 on "good enough" products like NXT.

AEW showed me what a true alternative WWE product and I just can pull myself into watching the whole 2 hours of NXT.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is there an argument that they've tried to turn O'Reilly into their answer to Adam Page and WWE'd it up?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

explosivo posted:

I don't think so, Fred

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Gaz-L posted:

Is there an argument that they've tried to turn O'Reilly into their answer to Adam Page and WWE'd it up?

No, he's Sunny D Cassidy now.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

I got love for you and I feel everything you're saying, but there's never a situation where this forum is going to be cool with anyone enjoying any element of it, and i don't mean validating you or me or anyone else whoever enjoys WWE in any way, but the the people who are left here just don't want to hear it, I changed every thought I had coming here just so I'd no longer get in arguments with people, it's just not worth it.

For what it's worth I see your posts that are positive about wrestling all over and I appreciate them, and also you. Wrestling is good all over the world, that's a fact at least.

I appreciate it! I mean, this place is fun to make fun of bad stuff too. I just don't understand the mentality of thinking everything is bad. Watch any show, enjoy the good parts, make fun of the bad parts.

I'll watch wrestling on TV. poo poo, I watched Impact for as long as it was on a channel that was actually available and not some super obscure thing, and those were super bad but I still enjoyed posting about them. And honestly if I didn't give most things I watch the MST3k treatment and post about them with people here, I probably wouldn't watch them. But it's okay to admit there are good things along with bad things.

Plus Cameron Grimes is great and I want people to be aware of that, and the Dexter/Indi stuff is goofy fun. If you told me they would be able to put the serial killer wrestler into a goofy romance angle, I never would've believed it, but they did.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

How long have you been watching wrestling that you think NXT in 2021 is putting out good shows? I've been watching since 1996, and this is by far the least interesting content this company has produced ever. You don't have to watch the show religiously to know it's garbage and to catch the odd segment that may be funny or halfway decent. I'm sure Franky Money is going to have several more weeks of squash matches, and Dakota/Raquel are going to face Shotzi/Ember in some different combination of matches until the next TakeOver. Cameron Grimes is going to do some more skits about how rich he is... who cares? I'd rather watch a movie or something. Wrestling is not the only form of entertainment. PPVs are still decent, but I don't have to watch all 162 games of my fave baseball team to enjoy the playoffs.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

NXT is long past the days where HHH was hiring all of the ready made stars that were available to make him look like a genius. It isn’t some conspiracy that it’s no longer the hot product. They ran through the Samoa Joe’s, Steens, and Shinsukes and now actually have to build up stars, and for the most part suck at it just like they always have, except it matters now.

This is why I can't watch anymore. Imagine taking that 2015 roster and squandering most of them, now you're left with performance center failures.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm willing to concede that there's probably stuff on NXT that's entertaining in a vacuum, Cameron Grimes and Hit Row both seem good, but it's impossible to believe for even a second that any of it is gonna go anywhere, so like, who cares.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I changed every thought I had coming here just so I'd no longer get in arguments with people, it's just not worth it.

You could've just left.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MJeff posted:

I'm willing to concede that there's probably stuff on NXT that's entertaining in a vacuum, Cameron Grimes and Hit Row both seem good, but it's impossible to believe for even a second that any of it is gonna go anywhere, so like, who cares.

Yeah, I get this criticism and it's totally valid.

I've been watching since I was a kid, couldn't even tell you what age. I lived through the New Generation era. I watched the Black Scorpion stuff in WCW. I've seen some poo poo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The company doesn't think NXT is prestigious so its basically Main Event but with titles. Until they change their mind and its an Important Thing but wrestling fans don't forgive that easily with WWE. Its bleeds fans, this is numbers facts.

When it was produced with Full Sail production, it felt like its own thing, visual style completely separate from WWE/Dunn. So of course when they started to shop it as a TV product that had to be scrubbed. Not every wrestling television show needs a 20 camera setup. Sometimes a hardcam and two handcams is all you need.

The talent spread is great if you didn't see the DVDs or webcasts. Some of these guys are still doing the same schtick they were doing ten years ago. And it works if you didn't see it killed in some barn or a mania weekend show. Plus you have people trying to hype it as the best thing ever when other people are like "it was cooler when the dudes did this match with working knees."

Also that set is drab as gently caress. How do you have all that loving lighting and production and it looks like the basement of a bingo hall?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1397382278167240707

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
yessss keep licking that boot

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Numbering WWE matches is a pretty good troll. Personally I preferred Roman v Corbin 6.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If people want to come here to be positive about stuff in WWE they enjoyed you can just let them enjoy it in between laughing at Alexa Bliss segments.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I’d probably like Kross more if he didn’t strike me as a de-aged HHH

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

his valet sucks at emoting all of a sudden, dude can't loving work, yeah he's gonna be Vince's new fave. Enjoy that Corbin spot. Which tbh is pretty easy money. Corbin has nice stuff.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

not a fan of this ryan satin guy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

his valet sucks at emoting all of a sudden, dude can't loving work, yeah he's gonna be Vince's new fave. Enjoy that Corbin spot. Which tbh is pretty easy money. Corbin has nice stuff.

NXT is explicitly a minor league they are trying to learn these skills, please give them a break.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I have never seen this Kross guy, but lol at saying that the measurement of how good he is is determined by how hypothetically over he'd be in RAW or Smackdown, where they buried almost everyone called up in the last 3 years.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Vince and/or Dunn are going to see Scarlett Bordeaux eventually and decide that Karion Kross isn't attractive enough to be with her, so they'll be split up as Kross feuds with Baron Corbin or something.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kross had some fun stuff in AAA and did a very good Bloodsport match. I think if he did more UWFi stuff and less and WWE stuff he'd have more value. They're trying to make him wrestling the WWE Main Event style and that hasn't worked since Hogan. Its too spot oriented. They do stuff with no logic or flow and by god they're getting all their poo poo in regardless of the match length. Kross looked very natural fighting defensively against shooters until his window opened. Plus having Savinovich blab about his college days didn't help matters.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

But it's still worth watching, especially over the other two main shows.

yeah. it's still decent. raw is absolutely loving dire and sd isnt far behind. but it's fallen a lot

like it feels like everything went to hell when they fed rhea to charlotte at mania. it hasn't been the same since. like women's wargames was loving awesome and everything since last april is aggressively meh

i remember before the pandemic hit nxt was gearing up for walter/balor. idk how you build back to that level of hype with molon labe kross

Plus Cameron Grimes is great and I want people to be aware of that, and the Dexter/Indi stuff is goofy fun

yeah. the way is goofy and actually funny. nxt doesnt need more gyv or la knights.

please call up kross and get him the gently caress off nxt he sucks

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

You could've just left.

yea that would have been awesome, a forum of you would be really great and funny and not a drag at all

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
this 35 year old might be ready for the big leagues one of these days

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Kross is going to come to the main roster and instantly become the new Rusev. It's going to be cuck angles galore for him and Scarlett!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
NXT is usually OK at worst which makes it head and shoulders above anything else that WWE does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Also this forum has lost people and is poorer for it. Driving people off isn't cool, unless they're creeps or something.

Kross is also like the smallest "big guy" I've seen. I also don't get why he puts his hand to his head for the finishing move. It looks dumb.