Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The disease that links your brain and your rear end in a top hat is real and journalists know a lot about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mebh
May 10, 2010

OwlFancier my wife says you're in pretty much every thread she reads and you must post a lot!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I do post a lot, yes. I usually have the forums open while I'm doing anything else and I am usually doing it, videos, and games at the same time.

There are just a few good PYF threads though so we probably just have similar tastes.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Part of me knew that there'd be comments on that Hbomberguy video making GBS threads on people with autism, but it still makes me a little sad.
Not as sad as knowing I need to wake up in less than 4 hours, mind you.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
You know I haven't had a single cold since lockdown started, despite being out among The Public every day, and now I've come down with one and it's loving horrendous. I've missed three days of work and I'm probably going to miss a fourth. My throat is incredibly painful. This is rubbish. Colds are rubbish.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

This is the funniest front page I’ve ever seen:

https://twitter.com/daily_express/status/1397669704999882752

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

HopperUK posted:

You know I haven't had a single cold since lockdown started, despite being out among The Public every day, and now I've come down with one and it's loving horrendous. I've missed three days of work and I'm probably going to miss a fourth. My throat is incredibly painful. This is rubbish. Colds are rubbish.

I had a slightly weird experience today with a lady trying to sell me a visor instead of my mask, said I was quite happy with the mask and would probably wear it for fun anyway, to which I got the response "I think we're all too used to them and we're hiding behind them now"

That I also haven't been sick in two years and also have had way better hayfever just reinforces it. Masks are good provided I'm not doing anything strenuous. Definitely might keep wearing them in winter at least.

Comrade Fakename posted:

This is the funniest front page I’ve ever seen:

I cannot imagine that readers of the express would ever condone vengeful behaviour.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
I'm finally able to book a vaccination. Is it preferable to choose a smaller center or a larger one? Am I likely to experience delays at a larger one?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Ravel posted:

I'm finally able to book a vaccination. Is it preferable to choose a smaller center or a larger one? Am I likely to experience delays at a larger one?

Nah I reckon the larger ones are going to be organized and experienced at this point, well able to handle problems that might crop up. I had mine last week at the nearby hospital and it was smooth and efficient. Just go for whatever's most convenient imo.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

I'm not a monster, it's just a mask.
https://twitter.com/charlhennessy1/status/1397640168887234560
Funny how poo poo like this happens when it's about bizzies isn't it?
Biggest gang going

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

what does the medium who talks to diana have to say about it

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

"Allies of PM" being this paper?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
and satan

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Had my Pfizer shot last night, arm's a bit sore but that's it luckily

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

jaete posted:

If I'm reading these post-Brexit customs guidelines correctly (and if they are correct), one can still order stuff from the EU to Northern Ireland without having to pay any customs, VAT or other bullshit. And apparently there is also no customs, VAT or other bullshit between NI and the rest of the UK.

So, all I need to do is to find a reliable middle party in the NI and I have customs-free EU deliveries again? In many cases the VAT & customs from the EU directly to rUK would far exceed whatever the shipping costs are from NI to rUK.

What a sensible system, such sovereignty. Crispix, want to start a legitimate EU-UK import company? I'll start the wiki :cool:

Just have the sender mark it as a zero (or <£15) value gift. If they balk then you might have a problem.

Only time I've heard people get stopped for misc/hobby stuff is when they've ordered multiple knockoff warlord titans from China. (Resin kits the size of a small child and priced like a small car if you didn't know).

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ms Adequate posted:

Nah I reckon the larger ones are going to be organized and experienced at this point, well able to handle problems that might crop up. I had mine last week at the nearby hospital and it was smooth and efficient. Just go for whatever's most convenient imo.

My experience has been the exact opposite of this - the tiny pharmacy-based ones are startlingly quick, the massive ones much slower. The fastest one I've volunteered at (a little pharmacist in Homerton that had taken over an adjoining shop) was getting people door-to-door in under 5 minutes*. The slowest one (Science Museum) took longer than that just to get people in the door. Now there were a couple of reasons the latter was *particularly* slow (anal-retentive security policy, separate streams for Pfizer and AZ) but still generally the larger the centre the longer it seems to take to actually get people through.

Of course the corollary to that is that the smaller centres are *much* more dependent on people turning up exactly on time for their appointments - just a few people turning up at once completely crippled the queuing system and led to long delays, whereas the bigger ones have the capacity to not really give a gently caress about that (or the occasional person requiring much longer).

* Things you can do to speed up your own personal experience (and make everyone's lives easier) - have your NHS number ready to go, have the absolute minimum (and quickest-to-remove) layers between your upper shoulder and the outside world (Science Museum was particularly bad for people who thought skin-tight long-sleeve jogging tops were a great idea requiring them to need taking out the back to strip off and get jabbed), and - if you're the sort of person to obsess about such things - read the leaflets for the jab online first and don't think that by cunning questioning you're going to be the one to blow this whole thing wide open.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

The massive out-of-town one I went to was like a production line, it took more time walking quickly around the one way system confirming various things than it took to get the jab, they were just going up & down the lines with trolleys jabbing people as soon as they got seated

u brexit ukip it posted:

Had my Pfizer shot last night, arm's a bit sore but that's it luckily
That's exactly how I felt the day after, then in the small hours I became really violently ill & took a few days to recover

Then I died instantly & pledged my soul to Microsoft

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I dunno whether the one i was at would be considered large, but they had maybe 10 jabbing pairs in an open hall. It was very smooth and quick, my only queuing was about a minute sat on a spaced out chair.

Of course I was awkward and they spelt my name wrong on the paperwork and had to redo it. It seemed important that my name was right if this was going to be a vaccine passport or whatever down the line.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

HopperUK posted:

I was convinced i has corona last month but me and the wifes tests were negative. Turns out if you havn't had a cold for a year it kicks the poo poo out you

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Of course I was awkward and they spelt my name wrong on the paperwork and had to redo it. It seemed important that my name was right if this was going to be a vaccine passport or whatever down the line.
When I had my second injection they were imploring everybody to get the NHS app (the regular one not the COVID tracker) so it could be used as a vaccine passport, and it’s already been set up to generate a proof-of-vaccine QR code for travel:

Has anything about vaccine passports actually been announced yet? Because this seems like a lot of infrastructure prep for something that (as far as I was aware) is far from a sure thing.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
One upside of the pandemic is thst it seems to have rapidly accelerated the digitalisation of the NHS.

My wife's had both her jabs now, and has downloaded the passport app thing, and on there it has so much info (previous medications, vaccines, allergies ), plus facilities to book appointments at our local surgery.

This would have been unthinkable even, like, a year ago, where no one seemed to have access to proper medical records at all, and the only way to book an appointment at our surgery was to ring at 8am on the day you're poorly and hope for the best.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

3 taoste ☯

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

The Perfect Element posted:

One upside of the pandemic is thst it seems to have rapidly accelerated the digitalisation of the NHS.

My wife's had both her jabs now, and has downloaded the passport app thing, and on there it has so much info (previous medications, vaccines, allergies ), plus facilities to book appointments at our local surgery.

This would have been unthinkable even, like, a year ago, where no one seemed to have access to proper medical records at all, and the only way to book an appointment at our surgery was to ring at 8am on the day you're poorly and hope for the best.

It's going to really throw a spanner in the "NHS is broken and inefficient" narrative if you no longer need to call between 8 am and 8.05 for an appointment

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Guavanaut posted:

3 taoste ☯

It's a well know fact that food quality exists in an inverse relationship to menu spelling, so that breakfast must be phenomenal.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Beens up my backside. Stat.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

sebzilla posted:

It's a well know fact that food quality exists in an inverse relationship to menu spelling, so that breakfast must be phenomenal.

I was gonna say that's not too bad for a fiver

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Quite a goalpost move:

https://twitter.com/fishplums/status/1397623250243444742

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Brand new pod is out for those of you who like such things - and we even got Dan on to talk about his rewilding work and planting trees and stuff. You know, the only wholesome stuff in the UKMT?

https://twitter.com/PraxisCast/status/1397841240884973568?s=20

Also I was reading about stablecoin so if you enjoy finance shenanigans there's that too.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

TACD posted:

When I had my second injection they were imploring everybody to get the NHS app (the regular one not the COVID tracker) so it could be used as a vaccine passport, and it’s already been set up to generate a proof-of-vaccine QR code for travel:

Has anything about vaccine passports actually been announced yet? Because this seems like a lot of infrastructure prep for something that (as far as I was aware) is far from a sure thing.

There's talk among airlines (and other public venues and tourist attractions) about dropping distancing/masking requirements for fully-vaccinated people - it's apparently already happened at a couple of baseball grounds in the States. I suspect this is going to be the endgame here - governments won't *mandate* vaccines, but massively incentivise the private sector to do the job for them.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

HopperUK posted:

I was gonna say that's not too bad for a fiver

2 eggs, 3 bits of taoste and a cup of tea for a fiver? Seems terrible. It's £1.50 extra for a susaage and there's no mention of the king of fried breakfasts, bacon.

Nice to hear in Parliament that Dacre was ineligible to apply for director of Ofcom under current rules so they are rewriting the rules so he can apply.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 10:36 on May 27, 2021

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://twitter.com/RogerMiles/status/1397816235321139200
Dom Cummings: "I have zero respect for the UK's idiot media who will print whatever you tell them. Btw while I was in Downing Street everyone else lied except me and nothing was my fault."

Gigantic brain UK journalists: "How very like the tragedy of King Lear, that this famous liar is now making a noble appeal and good faith appeal to the truth - but do people just like lies too much to believe him?"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Lungboy posted:

2 eggs, 3 bits of taoste and a cup of tea for a fiver? Seems terrible. It's £1.50 extra for a susaage and there's no mention of the king of fried breakfasts, bacon.
You forgot the beens.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

jiggerypokery posted:

It's going to really throw a spanner in the "NHS is broken and inefficient" narrative if you no longer need to call between 8 am and 8.05 for an appointment
If my experience is anything to go by, now you fill a long form. Later in the day you get a message it's been assessed and someone will assess it again next day. The next day you finally get a telephone appointment with a gp more than a week away (no choice, date only, no time information). When you finally get to talk to the GP, somehow they've got the wrong summary of my issue despite having filled out a long form with clear English...

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Guavanaut posted:

You forgot the beens.

I did, my sincere apologies to beens everywhere. Still crap for a fiver.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

josh04 posted:

Dom Cummings: "I have zero respect for the UK's idiot media who will print whatever you tell them. Btw while I was in Downing Street everyone else lied except me and nothing was my fault."

Gigantic brain UK journalists: "How very like the tragedy of King Lear, that this famous liar is now making a noble appeal and good faith appeal to the truth - but do people just like lies too much to believe him?"

Dunt is so big brained he doesn’t even realise he can install an ad blocker on his phone

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1397809994997932033

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/bencsmoke/status/1397848448314056704

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

sebzilla posted:

Is this a Pterry rule? Seems like it should be

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

smellmycheese posted:

Dunt is so big brained he doesn’t even realise he can install an ad blocker on his phone

To be fair it's significantly more faff and/or security risk than the PC version.

I computer touch embedded linux every day and I don't have it on my phone despite that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

josh04 posted:

Journalists: the wallet inspectors were real until the bad man happened

I like the implication that he's correct that our democracy is a sham but its his own fault and now we all have to sleep in this bed the bad man made but at least it's an ironic punishment for him