Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Quotey posted:

Oh gently caress, Sue is with Namor in Heroes Reborn isn't she

He's a creepy loser whose longest running relationships were with his cousin and a dolphin. I don't know why people keep expecting him to score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
What's the status of Bruce Banner in this world, because going by the actual Hulk title, he should be one of the ones seeing through the false world.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
hyperion killed him, but before that he did recognize the world was wrong

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mulva posted:

He's a creepy loser whose longest running relationships were with his cousin and a dolphin. I don't know why people keep expecting him to score.

Here lies Namor, He Never Scored

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Here lies Namor, He Never Scored

What the gently caress is this slander?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That's a huge croissant, no wonder Namor or is going to town on it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Some preview pages from Sisters of Battle have gone up, and the most important thing is confirmed; skulls

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...skull boobs?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gaz-L posted:

...skull boobs?

That's how you know she's an officer.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

...skull boobs?

Gotta cover em up somehow and she had those just lying around anyway.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

If I’m going to try the Zdarsky DD stuff do I have to start at the beginning?

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

^burtle posted:

Definitely start at the beginning of Zdarsky's run. The main plot stems directly from something that happens in his first issue.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

^burtle posted:

Yes.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Why won’t you guys just let me have some Delektra? :(

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It would be one thing if it were bad books, but in fact they are great books. So read them all.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

^burtle posted:

Why won’t you guys just let me have some Delektra? :(

Well, if that's the main thing your interested in, you can probably start just before she took on the role, or when she first showed back up in the comic before then. That said, it's just one of multiple plots the book is currently juggling, and you'll likely be a bit confused with everything else.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Zdarsky's Daredevil is good from the beginning and you're missing out on a lot if you don't start there. Kingpin has been having a great arc through the whole thing and you don't want to start that halfway.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Gaz-L posted:

...skull boobs?

It's Warhammer 40k, everyone's the baddies. They all got skulls on.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I started at the beginning and it is fine but gottdam if its not the most accurate depiction of Catholic Guilt ever.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

^burtle posted:

I started at the beginning and it is fine but gottdam if its not the most accurate depiction of Catholic Guilt ever.

That's been Daredevil's thing since at least the Frank Miller era, if not earlier (I think those are the earliest Daredevil comics I've read).

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
For those who are wondering, Catholic Guilt is whatever your mother says it is.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I have been led to believe Catholic guilt is not feeling good about anything ever c/d?

site fucked around with this message at 12:42 on May 30, 2021

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Catholic guilt is 'anything good that has ever happened to me is through the grace of God, anything bad that has ever happened to me is fully deserved because I am an awful human being. I mean seriously, I'm feeling bad about this? I don't get to feel bad about this, people all over the world are suffering so much worse, me feeling bad about this just proves what an awful selfish rear end in a top hat I am.'

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Yes, I believe we are all describing the same thing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Site's typo kinda makes it look like they think the opposite., which is really funny. What they're describing is Universalism (not really).

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 10:10 on May 30, 2021

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Be sure that you're not talking about Catholic gilt, which can be seen in a lot of cathedrals, especially in Italy.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

Site's typo kinda makes it look like they think the opposite., which is really funny. What they're describing is Universalism (not really).

Lmao didn't catch that

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I get that it has long been the DD staple but

Telling the whole Kitchen you need to be arrested for murder and punished but also reneging and copping to second degree manslaughter is true catholic white man energy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

^burtle posted:

I get that it has long been the DD staple but

Telling the whole Kitchen you need to be arrested for murder and punished but also reneging and copping to second degree manslaughter is true catholic white man energy.

He's a lawyer too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Isn't she-hulk a corporate lawyer? Would love to see a story where to protects a neighborhood from super villains only to help some investment firm steal the land underneath the buildings on the neighborhood and evict everyone. True hero poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Isn't she-hulk a corporate lawyer? Would love to see a story where to protects a neighborhood from super villains only to help some investment firm steal the land underneath the buildings on the neighborhood and evict everyone. True hero poo poo.

She's a lawyer, and she's been a corporate lawyer in the past. The last time she had a book that focused on that part of her she was independent though, and then a lot of poo poo has happened to her since that book was cancelled.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Non-Stop Spider-Man #3 is missing from Comixology. Like, it straight up doesn't have a listing. The series listing goes 1, 2, 4, 5. Weird.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Interesting developments in this month's Hulk! Looking forward to see where things go now that Jennifer Walters aka: She-Hulk to make the spoiler text longer is directly involved.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
After Heroes Reborn #5, I just want to know:

Where is my Otto Octavius One-Shot?!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

After Heroes Reborn #5, I just want to know:

Where is my Otto Octavius One-Shot?!

Heroes Reborn Marvel Double Action is a perfect 70s ASM/Batman and Robin mash up. Art fits it perfectly

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I just heard about the upcoming Avengers series where the Avengers all get Iron Man suits and clip on accessory packs to make them even more powerful.

Next time I go to the comic shop I'm subscribing to it, that sounds absolutely kickass.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

That sounds a lot like What If #3, where Tony Stark built armor for Rick Jones, Giant Man and the Wasp that complimented the latter two's powers.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

When I saw the designs they've revealed I thought "those look the Ultraman suits from the Ultraman manga" and it turns out yeah they were designed by the artist for the Ultraman manga.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Some surprise guests at the Hellfire Gala:

https://twitter.com/therealelp/status/1400119161657962499?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Donny Cates is on Hulk. My money's on gamma becoming an emanation of Knull in five issues.