Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

There are no AEW vs. NJPW matches i’d be excited about at the moment except Shingo vs Hangman or Ishii vs anyone.

There’s like 10 or 15 dream matches with current WWE roster vs NJPW. Okada vs Roman is a match I wanted forever. I don’t know what Danielson is up to but I could see him coming back to WWE if he could wrestle ZSJ or Ospreay. NJPW is great at big tags so a survivor series could be a classic too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

coconono posted:

its 2023 and the NJPW/WWE deal finally falls apart because of WWE's insistence that the Money Clip is not a real finisher.

A-OK is actually going to be headlining every show thanks to his unparalleled ability to stretch a match with a rest hold.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SonicRulez posted:

Well it's going so well for Kushida and Nakamura. I can imagine Okada is chomping at the bit to uppercut...idk Drew McIntyre for 6 months. Maybe Jay can be the cruiserweight champion on 205 live.

I can't see Okada agreeing to work for WWE over AEW if he had the opportunity to jump off the ship, if only because he's very good friends with the Bucks/Omega. Dude basically repaid the favor of taking care of him in TNA by helping their NJPW run and supporting the proto-AEW All In show.

Eat My Fuc posted:

There are no AEW vs. NJPW matches i’d be excited about at the moment except Shingo vs Hangman or Ishii vs anyone.

There’s like 10 or 15 dream matches with current WWE roster vs NJPW. Okada vs Roman is a match I wanted forever. I don’t know what Danielson is up to but I could see him coming back to WWE if he could wrestle ZSJ or Ospreay. NJPW is great at big tags so a survivor series could be a classic too

I actually agree 100% with this because many AEW guys have already worked with NJPW. However, WWE booking/writing would gently caress up whatever dream matches were attempted so I'd rather see those matches in a vacuum at some neutral fuckin show somehow.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat My Fuc posted:

Just to throw out some random pairings:

PAC vs. Ibushi
Miro vs. Suzuki
OC vs. Yano
Darby vs. Hiromu
ZSJ vs. Jungle Boy

If you can't get excited for any of those then I don't think AEW is the problem

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hell in a Cell, presented by Raytheon.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

DLC Inc posted:

I actually agree 100% with this because many AEW guys have already worked with NJPW. However, WWE booking/writing would gently caress up whatever dream matches were attempted so I'd rather see those matches in a vacuum at some neutral fuckin show somehow.

We're past the days where AEW is just the guys that came from New Japan/ROH. Darby, Jungle Boy, PAC, Miro, Ricky, Cage (both of them), Kingston.

YOU may want to see Roman growl inane bullshit at Ishii, but I wanna see Wardlow and Shingo.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

When their dream match includes Roman Reigns, you already know the answer here

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rarity posted:

Just to throw out some random pairings:

PAC vs. Ibushi
Miro vs. Suzuki
OC vs. Yano
Darby vs. Hiromu
ZSJ vs. Jungle Boy

Ibushi v. Max Caster

Someone explains to Kota what the opening rap was about and he goes into immediate murder mode

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Just :laugh: at anyone thinking a NJPW/WWE "partnership" won't be hosed over to hell and back by Vince and Dunn and their sycophants

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i actually think borrowing heavily from the AEW tag teams would really really help njpw. i feel like jurassic express would be mega over in japan. also a lot of potential in the jr division imo (darby, jungle boy, the top flight and private party guys, sammy guevara). and i would also be very VERY into a pac g1 run.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1398332553799553031?s=19

Why even have PPVs when you just do the same loving matches over and over

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah AEW could really help with New Japan's Jr Tag division so we don't just have Roppongi 3K wrestling Despy and Kanemaru for the 395th time

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/KENTAG2S/status/1398334960021426178?s=20

bartok
May 10, 2006

Can you imagine guys like Jon Moxley, Juice Robinson, and Fred Rosser in WWE?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
would be incredibly funny if rey mysterio uses WWE resources to earn his kid a bit of cash and name recognition and advises him to yeet over to AEW since he has a lot of friends on both sides

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1398332553799553031?s=19

Why even have PPVs when you just do the same loving matches over and over

5/16 they win the titles
5/21 celebration of winning
5/28 Rematch time!

:goodshit:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

can't imagine a more heatless tag team than ziggler/roode

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wait, Rey and his accountant are tag team champions?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DLC Inc posted:

i believe you mean “the dirty dawgz”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

DLC Inc posted:

Whoever the women’s champs are

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Conrad_Birdie posted:

This is entirely a scheme to try to keep Daniel Bryan, right? Like, re-sign with us and you can gently caress off to New Japan as much as you want, just don’t go anywhere else please!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Please we'll let you work Wrestle Kingdom just don't make anyone else any money.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

nick khan please just hurry up and sell to disney to collect your payday

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That makes a lot more sense on the New Japan side, working out an individual date on a guy is not close to having a working relationship. But also lol if Bryan bites on it when he can do it now and also use working NJPW/AEW on his own to drive up the price on a WWE contract next year

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Some read between the lines poo poo about Dream the bathroom hidden camera story from Dave

quote:

WWE’s firing of Patrick Clark Jr., the Velveteen Dream on 5/20, ended a saga of accusations and no answers...We were told the firing didn’t have to do with those charges or anything that had been made public, but for a different incident that one of the top stars in the company alerted management to.

quote:

There was a story going around this past week regarding a wrestler who had hidden a phone as a camera in a bathroom and that a talent found the phone and found “less than savory” files stored. The story got out this week and people thought it was something recent in the WWE dressing room. It was actually something at a party several years ago at the residence of a wrestler who is not with the company (not related to this at all) and as far as the person who owned the phone and was doing so, a number of wrestlers have known this story for years but it wasn’t until fairly recently that management found out the story when a major star went to management and that wrestler is also no longer with the company

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

OctoberCountry posted:

Some read between the lines poo poo about Dream the bathroom hidden camera story from Dave

But it says right there "(not related to this at all)"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DLC Inc posted:

However, WWE booking/writing would gently caress up whatever dream matches were attempted so I'd rather see those matches in a vacuum at some neutral fuckin show somehow.

They couldn't even get all of Daniel Bryan's dream matches in with 3 years to play with. Getting him vs Adam Cole even was a fluke. That 3-way survivor series year had tons of dream matches to explore but all we really got was Walter losing in a few seconds and a few minutes of keith lee and roman being awesome.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I can't see the WWE fans being the type of people that would be into a NJPW partnership.

I remember going to a WWE PPV in May one year and there were fans around me that were just booing everyone that was recently called up from NXT. Little kids screaming "go back to NXT!"

It's just part of this conditioning that WWE is the best, their wrestlers are the best, one brand is better than the other brand, and anybody else is a loser.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Astro7x posted:

I can't see the WWE fans being the type of people that would be into a NJPW partnership.

I remember going to a WWE PPV in May one year and there were fans around me that were just booing everyone that was recently called up from NXT. Little kids screaming "go back to NXT!"

It's just part of this conditioning that WWE is the best, their wrestlers are the best, one brand is better than the other brand, and anybody else is a loser.

there will be the subset who say its good just because WWE is doing it, like raw underground or the fiend

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Astro7x posted:

I remember that one women's rumble where they had to pull like 18 women from nxt/developmental and the announcers barely knew any of them and the crowd was dead. Granted I think that one was before NXT was televised.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1398353159567941636

Yeah that makes a lot of sense from the WWE side. It's not about working with New Japan more as a way to keep Bryan away from AEW

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wouldn't it just be easier to hire saudi assassins to kill him

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MIRO. VERSUS. ISHII.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so its like when they let Heyman book OVW instead of letting his contract lapse so he could book TNA.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Funniest thing about everything this past week is that it's clearly shown that Nick Khan is way better at this game than HHH is/was. Finally someone has buried the shovel

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Can larger mysterio actually wrestle?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Davros1 posted:

MIRO. VERSUS. ISHII.

This is cheating because Ishii vs literally anybody is a match worth getting excited about. Ishii could make me watch a Cody match. (I'm unfair to Cody, the Dustin match was stellar, it's just that I doubt I'll ever get over the stench of his New Japan run) He could make me want to watch Randy Orton. Ishii is a cheat code.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Andrast posted:

Can larger mysterio actually wrestle?

He's perfectly fine though his frog splash isn't very impactful. Dude really needs to work on his charisma though.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I can't believe Kenta sold me on this deal better than "it will potentially force AEW to work more closely with Cyberfight"

JUNGLE BOY posted:

nick khan please just hurry up and sell to disney to collect your payday

It's going to be a vulture venture capital firm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the last sensational rumor I heard was the longterm plan was to become a NBC product.