Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Seems too good to be true, but DOOOO ITTTTTT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Speedhunters had an article on this recently: http://www.speedhunters.com/2020/04/art-noise-technical-garage-sasaki-story/

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Unf. Just unf.
Also, the phrase "DSG farts" from that article is a perfect description.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ewww, malaise era Mercedes

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Remember:

There is NOTHING more EXPENSIVE than a cheap German car.

But this is Automotive Insanity, so buy it I guess.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

I'm not a Ford guy by any stretch but a manual SHO gives me a raging car boner. Even if they were crap cars (which I'd say they weren't) you have to give Ford major props for producing that thing, especially in that era. Just on a major corporation, business level, that kind of poo poo is like whipping out your brass balls in the town square and daring people to kick em.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Nebakenezzer posted:

Seems too good to be true, but DOOOO ITTTTTT

It is, you have to go to Staten Island :v:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

You Am I posted:

Ewww, malaise era Mercedes

It is the worst S class generation by a large margin.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Q_res posted:

This part isn't actually true. They introduced the automatic for 93 (with a 3.2L version of the V6) but they were sold alongside each other for the remainder of that gen.

Interesting...did they actually sell any? I don't think I've actually ever seen one newer than like 89.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Godholio posted:

Interesting...did they actually sell any? I don't think I've actually ever seen one newer than like 89.

Yeah, they sold several. Heck, along with my 95 MTX also had a 94 auto in Artic Frost which was a rare color. The 3.2 was slightly different. Had a hydraulic tensioner which allowed 100K timing belt changes.

The early 89-90? had a cable shifter then they moved to a rod shifter which was much better. It was a common mod to make.

You can spot 94 and newer because the door handles and mirrors are body colored.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Godholio posted:

In 93 Ford built 17,486 3.2/AOD SHOs vs 4099 3.0/Manual cars. For 95 the split was 7,529/2,038. Oddly I haven't had any luck turning up split numbers for the 94.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

Remember:

There is NOTHING more EXPENSIVE than a cheap German car.

But this is Automotive Insanity, so buy it I guess.

I already own a cheap German car (LCI e61) thankyouvermuch. I'm good on the Benz. Plus, even though I live in NY, it's like 250 miles from me, and I'm not up for schlepping the thing upstate.

I just saw it and figured it'd make some noise in this thread. There's gotta be some money in a partout though. Does Kimbo305 still have his s65?

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Double post, because HOLY poo poo. (Do ya think it still has the pontiac steering wheel? :v: )

2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Coupe 2D
$44,000

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/956514478436191/

E: jesusfuckingchrist, there's more than one! https://www.carscoops.com/2012/09/this-lamborghini-aventador-replica-is/
E2: WAY MORE THAN ONE. There's a youtube channel with walkarounds of these- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqhbormXpEfDgmV1zaRv1JA

glyph fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 27, 2021

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
That actually looks surprisingly well built. It'll fool most people and the cost of ownership of a chevy v8 is pretty low.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

chrisgt posted:

That actually looks surprisingly well built. It'll fool most people and the cost of ownership of a chevy v8 is pretty low.

I was thinking similar, props for actually making the interior look different than the donor car.

the proportions are all kinds of wrong though, like those enzo kit cars that made the rounds decades ago.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
When you said Pontiac and I glanced at the pictures, I was like, that's a lot of work put into a Fiero, but it's actually worse lol

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

loving yikes. Well built but that's a lot of custom work and money for a not lambo. I want to know how you shift the auto, I don't see buttons or a gear stick anywhere.

I too thought it would be a fiero. But fake engine with pipes into quarter panels is even better. Easy to change cabin air filter. :v:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Suburban Dad posted:

loving yikes. Well built but that's a lot of custom work and money for a not lambo. I want to know how you shift the auto, I don't see buttons or a gear stick anywhere.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Whatever that is, it ain't the same car as above

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 27, 2021

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I don’t understand what would compel a person to do that

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Why even bother with the fake engine in the rear tho that's stupid

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Suburban Dad posted:

Whatever that is, it ain't the same car
Whoops yep Im the one that got mixed up. That was from the 2nd car.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Fake lambo pass,

Fake model T based on a mustang II yes

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.rbauction.com/1985-suzuki-samari-modified-4x4-automobile?invId=12673698&id=ci&auction=edmonton-ab-2021124

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Off road use only does not appear to be an issue with this particular vehicle. :dong:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I continue to be baffled by the number of people who are selling cars but:

A) don’t know what their car is called
B) don’t look at the car itself or online to see how to spell the name right

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Or C) Are dyslexic

Up until yesterday I thought the Hyundai SUV was called Tuscon, kind of like Tuscany. It took until I saw a review of it where the author also misspelled it like that and a comment called him out.

In my defense I never even owned one.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Hey man my camero is bitchin'

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

Hey man my camero is bitchin'

They call me Camero. Manuel Camero.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

The number of people selling cars with one lovely picture is astounding. Almost no one bothers to fill in most of the info so I'm digging through tons of listing because you can't trust the automatic/manual descriptor. Good luck to you if you ask for a VIN, options list or window sticker.

Yes I'm car shopping and :argh:

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

I’m pretty sure AI collective can ID this car just from this dash pic.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

I’m guessing those tires are super heavy, right? That seems like a ton of unsprung weight for a ~63hp I4.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
They actually managed to put that useful bit in the ad, but not much else.

edit: just texted him, its sold already. who needs pictures when you got 15k miles I guess.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bouillon Rube posted:

I’m guessing those tires are super heavy, right? That seems like a ton of unsprung weight for a ~63hp I4.

69kg a piece.

http://arctic-trans.ru/catalog/ya-673-beskamernaya-4h-sloynaya-1300x700-21

they're also only rated for 50kph max, which is good news because BOY are you not getting close to that.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

iv46vi posted:

I’m pretty sure AI collective can ID this car just from this dash pic.

Knew it was a Saturn of the early vintage.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Powershift posted:

69kg a piece.

http://arctic-trans.ru/catalog/ya-673-beskamernaya-4h-sloynaya-1300x700-21

they're also only rated for 50kph max, which is good news because BOY are you not getting close to that.

Incredible, 600lb of tires on a 2000lb vehicle :discourse:

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Holy poo poo imagine sucking this much.

https://offerup.co/3MqoZ241Dgb

This is the complete opposite and am sitting here trying to convince myself this would be a perfect daily driver.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/292324432613894/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Because of covid, I've frequently had to ask clients at work what car they are in when they call to check in and a not insignificant amount have no clue. "Uhh, it's a red... SUV type car"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

WTFBEES posted:

This is the complete opposite and am sitting here trying to convince myself this would be a perfect daily driver.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/292324432613894/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post

Sir, I regret to inform you that is indeed a perfect daily driver.