Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Looking forward to the new soundtrack. Mudeth hasn't played Repentance so he could do a blind playthrough after he finished the AB+ era soundtrack and will work on that later. So the Repentance content will still be using the Ridiculon tracks with the mod once that's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

That’s ok there’s no Mudeth for Repentance content. If I give Ridiculon anything, it’s that they beat Mudeth and Danny both with Living In The Light.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the combat mix for ashpit's theme rules

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Jesus chrysler, Tainted Eden. I was having an extremely solid run, decided "What the hell" and went after Hush. I managed to get him to less than half his health when a stray bullet hit me: I had Shard of Glass.
GG, see you soon.

Pictures taken moments before disaster:

Modoh
Jul 23, 2007
I liked the glitch challenge myself. I mean, yeah, it's totally random and mostly about finding broken active items, but lots of funny stuff can happen. My winning run I had an infinite use eraser, so eventually enemies just stopped showing up.

Also enjoying coop a lot, but hope it gets a patch or a mod to clean up some of the coop issues. A player dying right before the ascent feels real bad, because there's no bosses from that point on so you never get any coop revivals. Dogma doesn't res the other player before The Beast, either. Not to mention the coop ghosts not being able to fly for that part and making constant pain noises in the lava. There's a bunch of situations where where you'll only get one boss item too, like if you pick up an active and drop your current one (or tainted cain nukes one) then there aren't any more boss items to pass out. And good luck getting controllers bound to all the players again if you have to save/continue a run due to a crash or something.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

While I don't really like most of Ridiculon's earlier Isaac tracks, especially when they didn't even try to be music like womb/depths, I have to admit most of the Repentance stuff is great. I'm still looking forward to smashing a finished Mudeth OST overtop most of it.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I have almost no unlocks on keeper, so I was just trying to do a regular run to the chest. Finally got a really good run going.

I walked into a room and instantly get pinched by a couple of those slidy spike blocks. I'm not sure if they were the ones who just follow walls, or the ones who move semi-randomly towards you, but within a second of walking in the room, 2 of them had me trapped in a corner and I couldn't push out and died. This game is so frustrating sometimes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Fattest PI posted:

I have almost no unlocks on keeper, so I was just trying to do a regular run to the chest.

The good news is, you waited until keeper got a huge buff to do the keeper unlocks

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

goferchan posted:

Rubber Cement

YEP! There we go!

It's Lachryphagy + Rubber Cement. When you attack an enemy, any lachryphagy rubber cement tears that are onscreen all apply their damage at once to an enemy. Despite normally not having walls, the Mega Satan Room does have them apply if you use Rubber Cement. And rubber cement tears can create a big feedback loop where they feed lacryphagy tears, that creates a lot of tears on screen that technically slam the enemy with damage.

It's not even just in the Mega Stan Room, this interaction works anywhere in the game. But it's a lot harder to pull off in 2x2 rooms due to the bigger spaces there, but you can still basically instagib enemies or just slam a lot of damage with it. I think it's an error with how Lachrypahgy is calculating damage. Instead of only counting the damage of fed tears, it's counting the damage of all tears on screen. By itself the item's damage calculations seem to work properly, but certain interactions end up causing all tears onscreen to be applied.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I'm never going to have an Azazel run like that again. With enough damage-ups, even Dogma and the Ultra Harbingers melt.

I'm sad the Beelzebub transformation doesn't turn U-Famine and U-Pestilence's flies against them, and that the super-pooters I brought into the fight with me spent the entire battle bathing in the lake of blood.

Also TIL if you went through the alt chapter 1 or 2 on your way down, they add a new layer to the Ascent music that's not there normally. That's pretty cool.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
A future where we can have both Gehenna and Tandava blasting out within the same game is a good one----I want to say there was at least one (new from that update?) track from Bumbo that would've been a fine fit for Isaac but it escapes me.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
My winning glitch challenge run I got a no cooldown Mega Blast and just ran through

About the Red Redemption challenge:

I was struggling to get strong enough to beat Mother, then I got Book of Revelations, and wouldn't you know, it turned the Mother fight into a horseman! What a pleasant surprise that was!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Araxxor posted:

YEP! There we go!

It's Lachryphagy + Rubber Cement. When you attack an enemy, any lachryphagy rubber cement tears that are onscreen all apply their damage at once to an enemy. Despite normally not having walls, the Mega Satan Room does have them apply if you use Rubber Cement. And rubber cement tears can create a big feedback loop where they feed lacryphagy tears, that creates a lot of tears on screen that technically slam the enemy with damage.

It's not even just in the Mega Stan Room, this interaction works anywhere in the game. But it's a lot harder to pull off in 2x2 rooms due to the bigger spaces there, but you can still basically instagib enemies or just slam a lot of damage with it. I think it's an error with how Lachrypahgy is calculating damage. Instead of only counting the damage of fed tears, it's counting the damage of all tears on screen. By itself the item's damage calculations seem to work properly, but certain interactions end up causing all tears onscreen to be applied.

thank you, professor!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Lachryphagy worked amazing with Death's Touch, every scythe was giant sized and immediately burst into smaller ones with every shot, no combining required.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Augus posted:

the combat mix for ashpit's theme rules

Yeah Ashpit's music is really great.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

IMJack posted:

Also TIL if you went through the alt chapter 1 or 2 on your way down, they add a new layer to the Ascent music that's not there normally. That's pretty cool.

Yup, there are also a few special tainted enemies that only appear in the ascent version of alt-floors, if you're looking to fill out the bestiary

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

goferchan posted:

Yup, there are also a few special tainted enemies that only appear in the ascent version of alt-floors, if you're looking to fill out the bestiary

Speaking of rare alt floor stuff, everybody knows about the Dross giant poop by now, but I just found out about this guy: https://bindingofisaacrebirth.fandom.com/wiki/Henry

what the gently caress

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Speaking of rare alt floor stuff, everybody knows about the Dross giant poop by now, but I just found out about this guy: https://bindingofisaacrebirth.fandom.com/wiki/Henry

what the gently caress

lol poop

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I just had a very fun run with Tainted Forgotten. First treasure room gave me Akeldama, so every time I threw the skeleton it also left behind a jump rope of death. Sadly, I mistimed my throws while fighting Mom's heart and got destroyed by an eye laser.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Honest question but do people just not know that Tainted Blue Baby has status effects on demand or is it just a choice not to take advantage of it when possible?

If you leave a trail of creep it boosts your damage and fire rate, but if you drop a special poop on the creep the entire trail gets mega buffed.
Holy Ground = Free Sacred Heart shots
Poison = Poison shots
Fire = Fire Mind shots

If the poop gets destroyed then the creep loses it's status effect, unless you throw stone onto it. Stone maintains the status(s) even if the holy ground or whatever gets smashed.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Wait what the poo poo? :catstare: Holy poo poo that makes the creep poop even better! And I didn't realize how powerful the stone poop was.

Wow that puts the Birthright effect into more context. Way more opportunities to fish for good poop combos like milling a deck of cards, instead of just hunting for specific poops to hurl.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I knew about the status effects but not that the stone poop actually has an interaction too, that's good to know.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Just had an impressive run - I picked up a bunch of stuff but the key items seemed to be brimstone (picked it up by accident), then kidney stone and then mom's knife.

Kidney stone + brim didn't seem to do much. When I added mom's knife though, every time I attacked, I would shoot the main knife out, and about 20 other knives would shoot out right afterward.

This happened every time.

Anyway, delerium died in less than 30 seconds. Boss armour or not, it seemed that the mom knife onslaught demolished it.

DevilsLeftHandMan
Feb 6, 2019
Found out something interesting regarding the Pause item (that green clicker); the time stop effect ends if you press a fire button... but not if you attack with anything else. Meaning, if you have any direct attack familiars like Meat Boy or Distant Admiration then you can just park it on whatever you want and let the boss die without any chance to attack you. Granted, time will resume after 30 seconds regardless but that's more than enough to waste a lot of bosses. Managed to beat Boss Rush and the Chest path using The Lost the other day with the trick. Craziest thing is that this has been around since AB+ - you'd think they would have fixed it by now considering other Repentance nerfs, but nope. Of course, now that I've mentioned it, expect it to be patched within the next few days.

Vasler posted:

Just had an impressive run - I picked up a bunch of stuff but the key items seemed to be brimstone (picked it up by accident), then kidney stone and then mom's knife.

Kidney stone + brim didn't seem to do much. When I added mom's knife though, every time I attacked, I would shoot the main knife out, and about 20 other knives would shoot out right afterward.

This happened every time.

Anyway, delerium died in less than 30 seconds. Boss armour or not, it seemed that the mom knife onslaught demolished it.

Pretty sure that's just Brim and Mom's Knife, Kidney Stone has nothing to do with it. "Brimknife" has been around since Afterbirth IIRC?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DevilsLeftHandMan posted:

Found out something interesting regarding the Pause item (that green clicker); the time stop effect ends if you press a fire button... but not if you attack with anything else. Meaning, if you have any direct attack familiars like Meat Boy or Distant Admiration then you can just park it on whatever you want and let the boss die without any chance to attack you. Granted, time will resume after 30 seconds regardless but that's more than enough to waste a lot of bosses. Managed to beat Boss Rush and the Chest path using The Lost the other day with the trick. Craziest thing is that this has been around since AB+ - you'd think they would have fixed it by now considering other Repentance nerfs, but nope. Of course, now that I've mentioned it, expect it to be patched within the next few days.
Pretty sure that's just Brim and Mom's Knife, Kidney Stone has nothing to do with it. "Brimknife" has been around since Afterbirth IIRC?

Brimknife used to not include the main knife. It would just do the stream of knives. Which is powerful but they move very fast so it wasn't super op. I could see adding the regular knife to that really upping the power

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I only just realized that Stonies(the invincible stone fatties) can’t actually damage you, just push you around.
EDIT: The Forgotten is a pain in the rear end to unlock but he's a lot of fun to play.

DevilsLeftHandMan posted:

It did get nerfed, it used to last forever against non-bosses. It’s basically an insta win in challenges like Cat Got Your Tongue or Solar System if you can get it.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 30, 2021

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

has there been any talks from edmund or the devs about adding the beast/mother or tainted characters to the dailies

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How are you supposed to dogmdge Dogma's homing brimstone?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Your Gay Uncle posted:

How are you supposed to dogmdge Dogma's homing brimstone?

It only comes out in cardinal directions and will switch to another direction once you pass the diagonal halfway point. So to dodge it you want to get some diagonal distance from him when you hear the attack starting and then 'wiggle' back and forth across that diagonal as the brimstone is firing to keep it toggling back and forth

That explanation is probably real confusing. It's easier to just watch someone play against the boss who knows how to dodge it and copy what they do. It's pretty easy once you know the pattern

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

yeah it’s an attack that’s hard to explain how to dodge but it’s rather simple to actually do. the “trick” is to slowly walk until it changes position and then changing direction, rinse repeat

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Once you've got down the attack, the hardest part to dodge becomes the initial hit since it can be a bit hard to judge just where the beam will come out.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Anyone else notice that phase 2 dogma typically just spams the same attack, either the 3 part ray of light attack or the repeated charge attack. There's also one where he just shoots some feathers without charging but it seems super rare. Most of the time for me at least he just picks one of the two to spam repeatedly. I mean, I know that each of those patterns repeats the same attack several times, but after that he just repeats the same pattern.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

IMJack posted:

The nameless TMTRAINER challenge is a pain in the rear end. I don't think any of the randomly generated items give simple stat boosts, and you miss those when you don't have them.

Different topic, Needles would be less of a pain in the rear end if you got a brief period to do damage to them when they retreat underground, like every other goddamn burrowing enemy in this poo poo of piece game.

On the other hand, you could be me, and the first item you get while doing the challenge was some combination of Sharp Straw and something that made enemies explode into coins with NO recharge time. Easy spam space to victory run :V

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.

Just had a bug happen in my greedier samson run, at the beginning of the fight with ultra greed he did the charge move but wedged the cube baby between the wall. This caused ultra greed to just continuously run at the wall for the entirety of phase 1. he would move left and right slightly depending on the side I was shooting but I tried to keep the cube baby centered. Trivialized the fight, but would've probably been fine regardless.

E: sacred heart in two greed mode runs in a row is a good Sunday.

yorkinshire fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 31, 2021

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Sacred Heart is basically the new Brimstone now.

Aside from Revelation, the literal Holy Brimstone item.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Araxxor posted:

Sacred Heart is basically the new Brimstone now.

Aside from Revelation, the literal Holy Brimstone item.

Revelation don't hit very hard though

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Sacred Heart is an instant win every time I've found it

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Safety scissors and champion little horn B1. Red key in the B2 secret room. Three bomb beggars total. This run was unstoppable from the word "go".

I discovered what everyone was talking about with Jupiter, though. It seems pretty powerful, but not worth the constant noise.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
I only have Tainted Jacob and Tainted Lazarus left until I unlock everything but will probably take a raincheck on that until the next patch comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Undefined should have a chance to send you to the red secret room. Or maybe it does and it just ended up sending me to the Error room over and over again.