Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

I am going to have to try and get a set of chisels at some point and see if I can do woodwork. I had quite a bit of fun making the walking stick last year and it would have been a lot easier if I had more than one chisel someone had seemingly used on bricks and a mallet.

A spoke shave would have been nice for one thing.

I had a woodworking course bought for me for Christmas and finally got to do it a couple of weeks ago. Got home and immediately spent all my disposable income for the rest of the month on hand tools

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I have been vaxxed, and there is delicious fudge waiting at home. Plus no work on Monday! Everything is pretty good.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
My Fudjit order arrived and as a first timer I have to say it's the best fudge I've ever had.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I have been vaxxed, and there is delicious fudge waiting at home. Plus no work on Monday! Everything is pretty good.

On the vaccinations. If I'm not feeling any side effects (other than a sore arm) 24 hours later, I'm unlikely to get any right?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Kin posted:

On the vaccinations. If I'm not feeling any side effects (other than a sore arm) 24 hours later, I'm unlikely to get any right?

I haven't heard of it taking longer than 12 hours to land on anyone. Anecdote, but.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I also had my vaccination yesterday, after finally managing to get through to someone on the phone to tell me where my appointment was, and I too just have a sore arm and feel otherwise fine. I also got pissed last night, and don't have a hangover.

This therefore proves that anyone who has suffered side effects is a wimp and a liar doing it for attention.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

HopperUK posted:

I haven't heard of it taking longer than 12 hours to land on anyone. Anecdote, but.

my first pfizer floored me 3 days later. before then i'd just had an achey arm the day after and thought i'd got away with it and was being smug about it

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

HopperUK posted:

My sore arm was at its worst about 20 hours after the shot, I would say, and stopped hurting altogether the next morning.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Yeah Pfizer one can take upto a few days for side effects.
Got my second Pfizer last week, was told could have flu like symptoms from it for 2 days after.
Thankfully was only a bit tired, but that was probably my own mind

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Theres another ship stuck in the Suez.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

serious gaylord posted:

Theres another ship stuck in the Suez.

I hope its the same captain.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
they need to put up one of them signs like the ones for maximum height on bridges. cousin of mine tore a big fiberglass sausage off the top of his work's van going under a bridge in the mid 1990s, creating a much loved and oft-repeated family anecdote

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He tore his sausage

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

crispix posted:

they need to put up one of them signs like the ones for maximum height on bridges. cousin of mine tore a big fiberglass sausage off the top of his work's van going under a bridge in the mid 1990s, creating a much loved and oft-repeated family anecdote

That doesn't stop people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USu8vT_tfdw

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

thing is, people forget what they're driving. the cousin has been a bus driver for about 15 years now and he has more than once got a double decker stuck up tiny streets because his mind had wandered and he forgot he was at work and set about driving the routes he'd take if he was in his car

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
so apparently I can’t get the NHS app because my iPhone 6 can’t update to iOS 13.5, which seems kind of dumb

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Goons help!

I just walked in on my partner eating a bag of fudge made by another man and she turned to me and said
"tell him the fudge is good"

Should I be worried? Am I overreacting?

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Bacon Terrorist posted:

My Fudjit order arrived and as a first timer I have to say it's the best fudge I've ever had.

Thank you very much! :)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I hope China gets this new Silk Railroad two point oh thing up and working soon so we don't have to rely on the bad boats.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Communist Thoughts posted:

Goons help!

I just walked in on my partner eating a bag of fudge made by another man and she turned to me and said

Feasting on a fellow goon’s fudge should be taken as a sign of trust imo

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

I hope China gets this new Silk Railroad two point oh thing up and working soon so we don't have to rely on the bad boats.

Depressingly what's increasingly going to happen is the bad boats will take advantage of retreating ice coverage to take the northwest and northeast passages, something shipping companies are extremely excited about without even pretending to know the meaning of the word "irony" or "hubris". Also I like trains as much as the next goon but even a couple of trans-Eurasian lines running at full chat wouldn't be able to cope with the throughput just on the Shanghai-Rotterdam route, let alone the rest of the traffic heading between China and Europe.

e: The long-vaunted plan to upgrade the Trans Siberian and Manchurian railways to high-speed freight *would* take a lot of strain off air freight in that direction at least, but that doesn't put a dent in shipping to the US.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Goons help!

:sever:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Depressingly what's increasingly going to happen is the bad boats will take advantage of retreating ice coverage to take the northwest and northeast passages, something shipping companies are extremely excited about without even pretending to know the meaning of the word "irony" or "hubris". Also I like trains as much as the next goon but even a couple of trans-Eurasian lines running at full chat wouldn't be able to cope with the throughput just on the Shanghai-Rotterdam route, let alone the rest of the traffic heading between China and Europe.

e: The long-vaunted plan to upgrade the Trans Siberian and Manchurian railways to high-speed freight *would* take a lot of strain off air freight in that direction at least, but that doesn't put a dent in shipping to the US.

You know what would improve throughput...

wider trains.

*brunel gauge intensifies*

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Massive train somehow gets stuck sideways in the Suez.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Goons help!

Now she's walking out of her bedroom covered in fudge and I'm sleeping on the couch. The girl at work is lactose intolerant and won't speak to me any more. Have I made a terrible mistake?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea...

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Jealousy, turning saints into the sea...

Lol.

When I die, ye can gently caress off with your memorial park bench, I want a slightly-too-low bridge built in my honour

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

good job I stocked up on :sexarse:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lol.

When I die, ye can gently caress off with your memorial park bench, I want a slightly-too-low bridge built in my honour

Isn't a slightly-too-low bridge just a ford?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

goddamnedtwisto posted:

There is actually a large range where the ice can retreat and it doesn't mean civilisation is going to be destroyed. Problem is there's a lot of inertia in the changes so hitting the breaks to try and min-max the ice retreat but not destroy the biosphere is impossible. It's the oceans. Even if we somehow stopped warming the earth right now it'd be thousands of years before the oceans respond to the trend.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Now she's walking out of her bedroom covered in fudge and I'm sleeping on the couch. The girl at work is lactose intolerant and won't speak to me any more. Have I made a terrible mistake?

Shun her, it's wrong to be tolerant of intolerance.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

When everywhere is underwater, everything is shipping.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

bessantj posted:

Shun her, it's wrong to be tolerant of intolerance.
Cancelled once again by the Lactose Leninist-Marxists.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Lacto Hibernian Miwkstock Insurance

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The girl at work is lactose intolerant and won't speak to me any more.

She wants lactose to go back where it came from?

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Weirdest Mr Brightside parody i've heard, but fair enough.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was resisting the urge to post it but sod it.

If you want your 90's/00's music memes it's a good channel.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Obviously it's time to build the Trans-Bering Railway.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

I was resisting the urge to post it but sod it.

If you want your 90's/00's music memes it's a good channel.

Thank you for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06TlZMQf2UA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Skarsnik posted:

good job I stocked up on :sexarse:

Who bought this

Did you buy it