Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Eggplant Squire posted:

This was the greatest tragedy of that entire debacle. He could have moonwalked off the stage and he would have gotten away with that too.
I can’t hate her for it, but she did deny us tremendous content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
trnorp?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

KaptainKrunk posted:

Absent a pandemic Trump wipes the loving floor with Joe. I think it'd be a mistake to read too much into 2020. If the election were held in 2022 Joe would probably beat Trump, but 2024 is so far away and we have no idea what will happen to Joe. But we do know that the Dems will absolutely fall flat on their loving face in 2022 and subsequently do nothing except expand the cold war vs China - but not enough to satisfy the jingoists.

lol it's been over a year and you're STILL clutching onto this

these straws are dust now, you were wrong a dozen times over

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Aglet56 posted:

a lot of people in the mid-2010s predicted that nobody could be a politician in the age of social media because it'd be too easy to dig up old dirt on your Facebook wall, but it turned out to only apply to racist stuff, and even then not really

Trump had that 'grab her by the pussy' Access Hollywood tape come out almost immediately before the election.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bert Roberge posted:

Trump had that 'grab her by the pussy' Access Hollywood tape come out almost immediately before the election.

he was unstoppable by that point. something weird had permanently broken inside America.

he was right about shooting a guy on 5th Avenue, by the way.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Aglet56 posted:

a lot of people in the mid-2010s predicted that nobody could be a politician in the age of social media because it'd be too easy to dig up old dirt on your Facebook wall, but it turned out to only apply to racist stuff, and even then not really

It feels like the opposite because everyone has at least 1 tweet or Facebook post they regret and hope everyone just forgot about it so you’re more likely to empathize

Like with job interviews,As more millennials get into positions of power they’re not going to disqualify a candidate cause they have a picture of them doing a keg stand 5 years ago

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Donald Trump will sail easily back into office as our President.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The Nastier Nate posted:

It feels like the opposite because everyone has at least 1 tweet or Facebook post they regret and hope everyone just forgot about it so you’re more likely to empathize

Like with job interviews,As more millennials get into positions of power they’re not going to disqualify a candidate cause they have a picture of them doing a keg stand 5 years ago

Putting aside the people who have known since childhood like Buttigieg that they're going to run for office and so have been excruciatingly careful about what they say under their real names, it's the rare politician who doesn't do this.

Anyone running for office who doesn't scrub their social media before even considering making noise about running is an idiot and leaving that poo poo up is way more of a red flag to me than having dumbass opinions as a young adult.

As much as there's a growing cultural expectation that partying as a young adult isn't disqualifying, there has never been a cultural expectation that we should be able to go back through a candidate's pre-public life social media and see what they were up to.

If they leave something up that's embarrassing, that's regarded as fair game, but if it's not there anymore and no one's got an archive, no one but the most partisan of hacks is gonna give a poo poo that they scrubbed it.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Donald Trump will sail easily back into office as our President.

remember sailor

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

shut the gently caress up about the GOP primary. trump won’t let it happen

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

shut the gently caress up about the GOP primary. trump won’t let it happen

yeah there aren't going to be primaries for 2024 on either side. If Trump decides to run I wouldn't be surprised if the GOP outright cancels them

If Biden actually croaks though I could possibly see a primary against Kamala given how unpopular she is, but its also possible that the DNC cancels them too. Given the new jim crow bills being passed nowadays and the refusal of the democrats to pass HR1 it seems that the elites have decided that de jure democracy is almost past its shelf life

Feldegast42 has issued a correction as of 01:10 on May 31, 2021

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
i would love to see kimberly guilfoyle run. her RNC speech was epic as gently caress and had POWERFUL fascist energy. her fustigating kamala "milquetoast" harris would be a sight to behold.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Smythe posted:

i would love to see kimberly guilfoyle run. her RNC speech was epic as gently caress and had POWERFUL fascist energy. her fustigating kamala "milquetoast" harris would be a sight to behold.

she would brutalize failing harris

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Azathoth posted:

Putting aside the people who have known since childhood like Buttigieg that they're going to run for office and so have been excruciatingly careful about what they say under their real names, it's the rare politician who doesn't do this.

Anyone running for office who doesn't scrub their social media before even considering making noise about running is an idiot and leaving that poo poo up is way more of a red flag to me than having dumbass opinions as a young adult.

As much as there's a growing cultural expectation that partying as a young adult isn't disqualifying, there has never been a cultural expectation that we should be able to go back through a candidate's pre-public life social media and see what they were up to.

If they leave something up that's embarrassing, that's regarded as fair game, but if it's not there anymore and no one's got an archive, no one but the most partisan of hacks is gonna give a poo poo that they scrubbed it.

This is why I don't understand at all why so many people use thier real name online nowadays outside of places like Facebook. Like, I'm confident that any committed person or agency could easily doxx any of us based on 20 years of posts, so it isn't as if I think message boards are truly anonymous. But posts wouldn't show up on a Google search of our names with no effort for a journalist or oppo researcher like a lot of Instagrams, twitter accounts, and even other message boards where real names are common.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
I would like to simply welcome myself to the new, better, greater, version 2 of the DOnald Trump experience. I was here for the first one, and gosh darnit, the 2nd is going to be just as awesome

I. LOVE. THIS. MAN

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol it's been over a year and you're STILL clutching onto this

these straws are dust now, you were wrong a dozen times over

he's right, black lung

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol the Dems are about to be owned because Joe's brain is mush

https://twitter.com/RonBrownstein/status/1399146086342664192?s=20

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

See, the SB1 thing is to me the most important possible thing, because where I sit, if the party sits back and lets whatever is going to happen happen like they did under Obama, it literally won't matter what the national party manages to do because my state will just ignore it and my mostly worthless vote will become entirely worthless as the state GOP make it illegal to vote for a Democrat so I wont even have my local downballot

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joe refuses to act against his good friends the Republicans. The Republicans have passed vote controls and will block elections from now until Trump reobtains power, and Ammon Bundy is about to rebel against Joe Biden and probably turn Oregon Republican in 2024.

Joe Biden was the worst president that could have ever been elected.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Nonsense posted:

Inshallah.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Nonsense posted:

The only way we’re going to keep anything resembling a democracy is if Biden has a Bill Barr style group of badgeless guys with guns to black bag every chud election commissioner trying to Calvinball a stolen win and rendition them to wherever trump put antifa types. So we’re screwed basically.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Nonsense posted:

Joe refuses to act against his good friends the Republicans. The Republicans have passed vote controls and will block elections from now until Trump reobtains power, and Ammon Bundy is about to rebel against Joe Biden and probably turn Oregon Republican in 2024.

:d2a:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Republicans might be an existential threat to the country, but doing anything about it would be an existential threat some of Joe's most cherished friendships. And if democrats lose the house and Senate on 2022 just think of all the bipartisan deals he can make with those good friends.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
What republican is gonna become House Speaker in 2023? Geatz is the comedy option, right? MTG would be funnier but is to insane to whip votes and poo poo.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Thoguh posted:

What republican is gonna become House Speaker in 2023? Geatz is the comedy option, right? MTG would be funnier but is to insane to whip votes and poo poo.

Probably that guy who lost his taint

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Smythe posted:

can't wait until the us capitol is moved to west palm because none of the major cities are safe for the GOP

just like the western roman empire, ending in some pitiful swamp

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1399094986042314753

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Nonsense posted:

This nation is doomed regardless, the democratic party is too spineless, weak and corrupt to defend democracy at this point. Even if by some miracle Bernie got in he wouldn't have been able to do much to stave off the inevitable

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the democrats were never aligned with democracy anyway

Lando Kardashian
Jul 11, 2007

pissidential

sorry guys i’m gonna TRNMP over here

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Lando Kardashian posted:

sorry guys im gonna TRNMP over here

might as well trunbop

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/ChuckGrassley/status/1399415687827931137

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

euphronius posted:

the democrats were never aligned with democracy anyway

thats why they never did anything to stop the right from calling them the "democrat" party

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Thank you sir!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

mission accomplished

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
where Tumkl thrad?

how post to,ll??

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

holy poo poo dems really are going to let democracy die.

almost makes me glad that voting blue had a more destructive effect than anything the gop did

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

me every day watching america slowly approach death

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Demon Semen posted:

goddamn I wanna be the North Korean empress' male concubine, only to be discarded via flak cannon once she tires of me