Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

DogsInSpace! posted:

:iceburn: I wonder, now and then, what ol Rov is up to but find myself too lazy or not caring enough to look at his Twitter.

He and EMF actually put in content, genuinely care about the wrestlers and product on top of never badmouthing (or seldom) any poster even if someone is rude to them. I may not always agree with their takes but they are being good goon and I heart them.

nice doggy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Okurrlahoma slam!

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Their second choice after Cardi A :dadjoke:

To be fair, at least she was a wrestling fan, so she understands what it is that she's hosting.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

Cardi subject to change.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Michael Cole will say Wet rear end Pussy so many times that the words will lose all meaning.

She calls this the W.A.P., King: the Wet rear end Pussy.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Michael Cole will say Wet rear end P Word so many times that the words will lose all meaning.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

*Rock Bottom On the Dog Poop! voice*

The Wet rear end P- The, the Wet rear end Pussy! Wet rear end Pussy!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Vagabundo posted:

King, better get a bucket and a mop out!! Here comes the Wet rear end Pussy!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Vagabundo posted:

HO-HOH!

(Sorry I don't know how to type out Jerry Lawler's reaction giggle)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
jerry lawler is gonna say "wet rear end puppies" and its gonna be awful

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Cardi B gonna Stink Face whoever is on the wwe shitlist at summerslam
Depending on who's on the receiving end of it I wouldn't call that a punishment

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Depending on who's on the receiving end of it I wouldn't call that a punishment

you gotta pay for that

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

Cardi B+ Player

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

seriously, Cardi isn't doing stinkfaces for free. That's an 8 figures deal. If they even ask her to do it, she'll probably tell them to enjoy the song she'll send a pretape in.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

WWE is humorously out of touch. I'm off to listen to Little Wayne and ask who everyone younger than me is

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
We're gonna need a bucket and a mop to wipe these superstars off the matt, Michael Cole.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

We're gonna need a bucket and a mop to wipe these superstars off the matt, Michael Cole.

This Fiend is a certified freak, seven days a week, Michael Cole!

Roman Reigns is going to beat it up, catch a charge, extra large and extra hard, Michael Cole!

Braun Strowman is running like a big mack truck, and is going to park right in his little garage, Michael Cole!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/Soawax_/status/1398457681464152067

unnecessary bullshit

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Gonzo McFee posted:

This made me sick, congrats

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
From Austin 3:16 to SoundCloud rappers and WAP in one generation and it loving sucks.

This is why AEW is on a rocket ship.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Wasn't sure I'd bother to watch the A&E special on Mick Foley since I've read his book already, but I'm glad I did to see all of this footage.

Also, it's fascinating that they're giving so much time to Foley's conflict with Flair in WCW. It's one of those wrestling arguments where I can't really take a side. Yes, Foley had the right to take the risks he wanted to take to try to get over, but Flair had the responsibility as booker not to let this young man cripple himself. It worked out for Mick so he looks better in the long-run and Flair comes off as overly paternalistic or protective of his own spot by not wanting to let the young guy with the grittier style make a name for himself, but there are some alternate realities where Foley's kids grow up with a dad who was paralyzed from the neck down.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I, uh, have to wonder since Big Show left and now Mark Henry left for AEW I have to wonder what WWE is up to

(mod edit: minor spoiler for a new wwf vet in AEW)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 31, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

a.lo posted:

I, uh, have to wonder since Big Show left and now Mark Henry left for AEW I have to wonder what WWE is up to

i mean it's pretty clear from what tall paul said: they were treating the old guard like poo poo and just assumed they'd take it

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 31, 2021

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

a.lo posted:

Yeah, I found myself wondering exactly what those WWE Legends contracts look like after seeing Mark Henry show up.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:00 on May 31, 2021

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

skaboomizzy posted:

Yeah, I found myself wondering exactly what those WWE Legends contracts look like after seeing Mark Henry show up.

God, I hope it leads to Kairi being released from her prison and doing Stardom and AEW. As many leaps and bound as AEW have taken at improving their women's division, they really lack the world-traveled, well known stars that the tag-team and men's singles divisions have outside of Riho

Kairi would be the one Joshi star that EVERYONE knows and we could see her beautiful elbow drop once again. Yanno, that thing that she was world famous for BEFORE signing to the WWE and rarely got to use after she left NXT.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
They still let her use it fairly often. She got to insane elbow Becky of all people through a table once.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

a.lo posted:

I would have never guessed Mark Henry would walk away from WWE with the way he was carrying water for them a couple years ago. I love Mark and I'm glad he's going somewhere he's appreciated.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm gonna guess Mark wanted the vacant RAW commentary position.

IIRC he was also the one that got Jade a look at by the PC. And whatever Jade saw down there, she immediately turned down their offers. So maybe there was also fallout from that.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Orton needs to start insulting more wwe people so they jump ship

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

I would have never guessed Mark Henry would walk away from WWE with the way he was carrying water for them a couple years ago. I love Mark and I'm glad he's going somewhere he's appreciated.

Thanks for the mod edit, my bad.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Killed By Death posted:

*Rock Bottom On the Dog Poop! voice*

The Wet rear end P- The, the Wet rear end Pussy! Wet rear end Pussy!

I heard the radio edit for that song and it was like "Wet and Gushy" which is just somehow way worse

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

I heard the radio edit for that song and it was like "Wet and Gushy" which is just somehow way worse

That Patton Oswalt bit continues to be as true as it ever was

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I say give the old WWE guys something to do that isn’t be on TV in AEW. It’s really weird seeing a bunch of shambling corpses just kinda walk around and then disappear for no real reason.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

mooseinfants posted:

They still let her use it fairly often. She got to insane elbow Becky of all people through a table once.
She really didn't have much of a single's career on the main roster, and she was put with Asuka for a lengthy Tag Team reign where she wasn't supposed to get over and retired early because they kept letting other people concuss her.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Invalid Validation posted:

I say give the old WWE guys something to do that isn’t be on TV in AEW. It’s really weird seeing a bunch of shambling corpses just kinda walk around and then disappear for no real reason.

Just pay retired wrestlers to be talking heads on a shitload of documentaries or narrate their old matches, who cares if 800 Peacock subscribers are the only ones who see it, it's gotta be less of a hit than seeing them all show up on the hip new competitor.

Oh wait, they probably already fired all the people making those things to goose the stock price up an extra $.05 a share.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

There was a guy in my town that would circle the main strip downtown playing the radio edit for hours after the song came out. It was... yeah it was something.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I find it infinitely funny that Lio Rush and Mark Henry debuted on AEW an hour apart after the beef they had over WWE's race issues

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 07:17 on May 31, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Invalid Validation posted:

It’s really weird seeing a bunch of shambling corpses just kinda walk around and then disappear for no real reason.

The Forgotten Sons got released but this is an easy mistake to make

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

flatluigi posted:

i mean it's pretty clear from what tall paul said: they were treating the old guard like poo poo and just assumed they'd take it

It's all a galaxy brained plan by Randy to have the older roster jump ship to better things that he's been planning for YEARS.

Blaise330 posted:

I find it infinitely funny that Lio Rush and Mark Henry debuted on AEW an hour apart after the beef they had over WWE's race issues

This is also why I'm not too jazzed to see Mark there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Even if you aren't sold on AEW's creative or booking, they have proven the ability to build a solid locker room and when they make a mistake *ahem*Ivelisse*ahem* they correct it. I'm confident that any issues between Lio and Mizzark have been worked out if they were both in the locker room last night.