Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

GD_American posted:

DSP patch up, need to start a new game to get all the fun new planets + combat

Oh...

...gently caress me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh...

...gently caress me

I almost missed it, but the DSP patch does not have combat, but recent blog posts have said it's one of the major features coming before EA ends, and that it will be possible to turn off with a toggle like in Factorio.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

There will be consequences for whatever fucks up my oil refining operation :mad:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Yeah the IH Scout 800 seemed great at first, but I found the V8 engine for the Chevy and a suspension lift, bought the 38 good in mud and nothing is really stopping me and my winch. The extra 8L of fuel and the efficiency of the V8 (weird that it uses less but whatever).

The physics aren't perfect and there's definitely room for improvement, but I mostly keep my trucks upright. I really need to work on the roads and bridges before I go dragging 5000L tanks of fuel through the mud again.

I like the Scout as a supply vehicle, it holds 140l of spare fuel with the roof-rack add on.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I wound up selling the Scout before realizing I haven't unlocked enough stuff I want to buy yet. No big deal, my ck1500 is gonna pull a curtainside trailer out of the mud later tonight.

I want to put two winches on my truck, whatever one is on it, and another for daisy chaining my way out of holes.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ah gently caress me I just bought and downloaded snowrunner on switch and then found out it doesn't have crossplay

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I wound up selling the Scout before realizing I haven't unlocked enough stuff I want to buy yet. No big deal, my ck1500 is gonna pull a curtainside trailer out of the mud later tonight.

I want to put two winches on my truck, whatever one is on it, and another for daisy chaining my way out of holes.

Yea, I was bummed when I found out you can't attach a winch to a vehicle that's already winching something, it just deletes the first winch. I've pretty much monster trucked my ck1500 and use it for smashing around in Alaska atm. It eats an obscene amount of fuel though.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ah gently caress me I've been e- mud boggin for 3 hours

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't even care about attempting to make it to a gas station, I'll usually just recover to the garage every time my tank is about dry. I'm usually beating my truck up just using it pinned against rocks and trees for a winch anchor, so repairs are frequently welcome.

I know the answer is going to be no, but please tell me you get access to a snatch block at some point. Seems like a pretty basic recovery tool to leave out of a game where people spend inordinate amounts of time with a winch.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Holy hell, terrain-deterioration is apparently permanent in Snowrunner?

That is absolutely crazy.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, I noticed a few trees are no longer where they were after ripping them out with the winch and traipsing back and forth down a road I routinely get stuck on.

So, long logs. What truck/trailer do I need for that? I've drug two trailers to the log place and neither was right, so I loaded one with medium logs and left it there for later.

Got that curtainside out of the mud with the ck1500 and towed it home with my 6x6. Way less annoying than I thought it would be.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Been having some fun with custom skins in Art of Rally.

Haven't had this much fun with a racing game since the first few Colin McRae Rally games in the late 90's/early 2000's.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im stoked for that on switch

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Day 3 Snowrunner review: What the gently caress, it's Sunday?

Also, for some reason the closest comparison this game brings to mind is World of Tanks

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The new resident evil slaps or whatever the kids are saying these days

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Well now I took my try at Snowrunner, it’s been two days and truckin and fuckin are now all that I crave.

the first map is sort of a pain with all the washed out roads but if you go recover the Chevy c70 and then sell it along with the two trucks you get in the tutorial you can but the first Off-road truck and some good tires

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

shame on an IGA posted:

Day 3 Snowrunner review: What the gently caress, it's Sunday?

Also, for some reason the closest comparison this game brings to mind is World of Tanks

Ha, I was thinking about this too, but to me it's Death Stranding. And now I want a Kojima Snowrunner crossover

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

beat yakuza kiwami 1

gonna try and play through the series now

quote this if kiryu is your homeboy

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

beat yakuza kiwami 1

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/armystrang/status/1399360630424018945?s=21

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 18, 2022

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

whole thing

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

US Berder Patrol posted:

I've never played any of this series, but was looking at them. Which games are recommended?

Start with Yakuza 0. It’s on PS4 and PC, is relatively recent, and pretty cheap to pick up. If you get through it and find your appetite for Japanese Crime Drama/beat em up/holy poo poo this is a lot of mini games is still high, then it’s worth digging into the earlier titles.

All of them are pretty good though. Just be aware that Like a Dragon is a departure from the series formula in that it’s turn based because the main character is obsessed with being a hero like in the Dragon Quest RPGs.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

US Berder Patrol posted:

I've never played any of this series, but was looking at them. Which games are recommended?

They're legitimately all awesome games.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Judgement is set in the same area, and I'm having fun with that.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

orange juche posted:

They're legitimately all awesome games.

Yeah. Number 3 might be a bit of a letdown since Zero and Kiwami 1 and 2 are much newer than it, but it's still a solid one.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

US Berder Patrol posted:

i started with kiwami 1

kiwami 0 seemed like a good one to keep ready if i need a break, but yeah im gonna try and play the series. Doing kiwami 2 now.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

US Berder Patrol posted:

theres also collections for Kiwami 0/1/2 and 3/4/5, but yeah Im gonna try and play em all. It's Sega doing all the stuff they are best at with insanely high production values and good writing. Feels more like starting a new book series than a game if that makes sense.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Snowrunner is a puzzle game disguised as a driving game.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The secret hack for snowrunner is if you get stuck, spin the wheel lock to lock and you will slowly inch forward and maybe get yourself unstuck or to a spot where you can use your winch.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I could never enjoy offroading because the idea of getting stuck terrified me, and well, getting stuck or coming as close as you can seems to be half the point. This game sounds like it'd freak me out

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

beat yakuza kiwami 1

Kiryu has never killed a man.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Half the fun of getting stuck is trying to think of a solution to get out. I loved it growing up on a farm, because it meant getting to pull whatever out of the mud with an old 60s cabless tractor. It's just another take on problem-solving. Getting winches, block and tackle, and snatch blocks set up to pull at the best angle with the most possible force. Kind of like playing pool because you like doing math.

Just don't mud your daily driver.

E: Snowrunner is about as arcade style a mudding simulator I think you can make. There's a lot lacking to be an actual vehicle recovery simulation, but then you're going from 10 minutes of fighting a pit to an hour, if you include stuff like a character walking around, hooking up everything.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 1, 2021

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

GD_American posted:

I could never enjoy offroading because the idea of getting stuck terrified me, and well, getting stuck or coming as close as you can seems to be half the point. This game sounds like it'd freak me out

That's why you're supposed to go in groups to anywhere challenging.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Off roading across Iraq during the invasion ruined any hope that’d I’d ever purposely try to drive on lovely roads and trails for kicks.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Let me just say that there is literally not a worse place to put a so-called Logistics Base (giant mud hole) than where it is in the Dam map :argh:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, I can't say I found much enjoyment in vehicle recovery in Iraq. Korea was a lot more fun for that.

It's mostly a "start 'em young" hobby, overwhelmingly rural, and can be expensive if you don't like doing the work of fixing anything yourself. It's niche, like most car culture.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
My key offroading experiences was actually just grabbing whatever busted shitbox old hoopty and just giving it the business on relatively hard packed dirt tracks. Never really liked digging vehicles out, closest I ever came was a baja bug on the beach with tires wide enough you could almost guarantee to never bog.

Basically just pick your grade of offroading. Doesn't have to be digging yourself out of mariana trench every 30 feet.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

beat yakuza kiwami 1

Baka mitai...

:baduk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts