Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Dango Bango posted:

BTE: AEW already has a ton of cool props from their history.

And the Hollywood :honk: rules for his questioning a best of 10 - "so if you get 7 and I get 8, I win? :smug:"

i love hollywood honk and his existence makes dolph ziggler's standup career make sense bc :honk: is SO much funnier than his brother lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Pylons posted:

Yeah, the story to me felt like Eddie was the weak link in the team and the Bucks don't have a weak link.

No weak link, just weak locks.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Oh, my entire house died laughing for a solid 3 minutes when Jericho used a megaphone as a “weapon “ by yelling in to it vs MJF. I’m sure that’d been done many times before blah blah but it was hilarious

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dango Bango posted:

the Hollywood :honk: rules

His balls weren't even turned on! :argh:

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

nuketulsa posted:

Oh, my entire house died laughing for a solid 3 minutes when Jericho used a megaphone as a “weapon “ by yelling in to it vs MJF. I’m sure that’d been done many times before blah blah but it was hilarious

That ruled. There were a lot of moments during that match where I wanted something to happen because it would be funny/perfect and then bam that thing happened.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
And look who else has returned to the ring *AHHHHHHHHGGGHHH* Christian Caaaaage

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

nuketulsa posted:

I don't actually think I've ever seen the megaphone used that way. Even Jimmy Hart used to just hit people with it IIRC.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't actually think I've ever seen the megaphone used that way. Even Jimmy Hart used to just hit people with it IIRC.

It's a great comedy spot as it's funny at first in "Like how would that hurt a wrestler ha ha" to when you suddenly remember yourself being shocked/stunned when hearing a loud speaker/sound out of nowhere and go 'oh I get it'

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Cody loving rules and I love how he completely breaks peoples' brains

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Cody should have never done the “can’t challenge for the world title” stip because it’s done nothing for people’s perception about him like he intended

He can do no right by those people anyway.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I liked Cody just fine until he came out to solve racism.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

cody is a main eventer and ogogo has wrestled 2 matches. simple as that. logic conquers all.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
cody ended racism by marrying brandi and having a baby with her. let it be

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I really loved the booking for Hangman this PPV cycle. Advanced the story for both him and Cage well, leaned on AEW's rankings (which I still absolutely love), and he's so loving over.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Power Windows posted:

I liked Cody just fine until he came out to solve racism.

Same. I've never had a problem with the character until then and everything that's come out of this storyline has been hot garbage.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cody makes this thread hard to read any time he does anything so excellent heeling high five

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cody is the 2nd best heel in wrestling

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

Cody makes this thread hard to read any time he does anything so excellent heeling high five

AEW actually working people has made Twitter very funny but these threads a bit harder to read.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the problems i have with cody's character are so fundamental i will fully admit that there is no pleasing me on him. i've disliked cody ever since he debuted in njpw and made his whole aesthetic suits and limosines and smoking cigars and america and like i just genuinely don't like his idea of "cool" much like i think triple h's idea of "cool" motorcycles and motorhead and vaguely nazi symbology is corny and also sucks. massrafter would agree with me here in that a big part of wrestling is looking cool, and everyone has their own definition of "cool" and i think cody's sucks.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Excited for THE ELITE HUNTER Frank to rip out Gallows stupid earrings live on Dynamite

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's crazy how good Nemeth is. I was not expecting it at all.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's crazy how good Nemeth is. I was not expecting it at all.

i turned around on that dude so fast

the hannibal lecter impression sealed it

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/Ninja/status/1399426024039981057?s=19

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1399401973636644864

https://twitter.com/drdisrespect/status/1399381028607651844?s=20

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1399350204269215745

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

shiksa posted:

the problems i have with cody's character are so fundamental i will fully admit that there is no pleasing me on him. i've disliked cody ever since he debuted in njpw and made his whole aesthetic suits and limosines and smoking cigars and america and like i just genuinely don't like his idea of "cool" much like i think triple h's idea of "cool" motorcycles and motorhead and vaguely nazi symbology is corny and also sucks. massrafter would agree with me here in that a big part of wrestling is looking cool, and everyone has their own definition of "cool" and i think cody's sucks.

I like Cody and think a lot of the complaints about him have been bizarre / not based in reality, but this seems quite reasonable to me.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/sweet_suto/status/1399259299562418176

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I generally don’t care for Cody (or Jericho for that matter if we’re airing all of our grievances against guys who get to just do whatever they want for 15 minutes at a time), but there’s so much other stuff I enjoy that I can focus my mental energy on.

That said, here’s hoping they renew the Dark Order’s push once John Silver’s healed up. Given the reaction that even 10 got they’re going to have to do something with them (Elite Hunter is going to need backup eventually).

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

duckdealer posted:

I like Cody and think a lot of the complaints about him have been bizarre / not based in reality, but this seems quite reasonable to me.

yea i mean just speaking personally if cody were a heel i wouldn't care. i'd be totally happy. hell even if he played a bit on the show like he does on sammys vlog. i LOVED to hate him in new japan. its just grating seeing him be "the super awesome guy who everyone loves" character and im just over here like "i cannot loving stand this dude" lol

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I thought that Ogogo's knockout punch out of the Figure Four was cool as hell and should have been the finish. you get a "flash" pin that elevates Ogogo and doesn't diminish Cody, then you have an easy story if you want to run that match back at a later date. maybe Ogogo starts using the Figure Four and just knocks out his opponents while they're in it for fun.

Cody continues to use the Figure Four, but maybe he's a little hesitant when he fights Ogogo again since it ended badly. introduce a little bit of doubt and then it will rule when he just taps him out in the Figure Four. feels a lot better than winning with an out-of-nowhere Vertebreaker (???)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

If it weren't for other people complaining about him I wouldn't pay enough attention to Cody to have an opinion of him that extended beyond "not my favourite"

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/santana_proud/status/1399343720508559361?s=21

Putting it down- PnP take the tag titles at the first road dynamite.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cowboy poo poo:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Nick Jr. Face posted:

cody ended racism by marrying brandi and having a baby with her. let it be

IF we just let every woman marry Cody Rhodes, there is no problem that can't be fixed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dango Bango posted:

Cowboy poo poo:

Big yeehaw

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I watched the show. It was Good and Cody was Lame

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hangman getting choked up at the crowd was very sweet

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I don't like Cody but I understand and appreciate the gimmick. I was geeking out hardcore to my wife over how long its been since I've seen a good Yay Patriotism U-S-A! match. And yeah, his wardrobe was loving brilliant... Ogogo was really impressive, can't wait to see what's next for him.

Hangman v The Wolveroid was really fun too. They had some ambitious reversals that caused a speedbump or two, but really great match.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

shiksa posted:

yea i mean just speaking personally if cody were a heel i wouldn't care. i'd be totally happy. hell even if he played a bit on the show like he does on sammys vlog. i LOVED to hate him in new japan. its just grating seeing him be "the super awesome guy who everyone loves" character and im just over here like "i cannot loving stand this dude" lol

Cody on Sammy’s vlog is incredible. Like QT maybe it’s just a character that doesn’t translate well to the Dynamite format.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

orange cassidy should have won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

inthesto posted:

Shawn Spears is the heel, because he was studying Tarantino movies

[11:36 PM] karmicknight: When did Shawn Spears become Mr Blonde?