Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've never had a heroin addiction, but isn't methadone often given out as a suppository, or is that an old drugs-wives tale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I've never had a heroin addiction, but isn't methadone often given out as a suppository, or is that an old drugs-wives tale?

im sure that exists but in the clinics here at least it was always a liquid dose that you took orally and they watched you do it to make sure you were taking your full dose and not selling it or whatnot.

PS. methadone will get you high as gently caress and thankfully they have a much better drug nowadays that they use at clinics (bupe/sub)

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

i dont think its super common.

opiates (including methadone) cause constipation, which can be relieved via glycerine suppositories. perhaps you are thinking of the famous suppository scene from trainspotting?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I probably am thinking of trainspotting.

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Wendigee posted:

I've heard people will buy like fruit roll-ups and tear off a piece and use it to make a little "pill" you can swallow.

fuctifino posted:

If you don't like the taste of AVB, grind it to dust and fill gelcaps

These will both help it going down but wont stop the dreaded AVB burps. Some people don't mind the taste but to me its horrible.
First time I ate AVB I just dumped a bunch of it between two buttered pieces of bread probably the most awful I have ever eaten. Honestly getting a little queasy
just thinking about it now.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i don't really put things up my butt but this derail has been stupid and a little funny lololol

do a weed with me

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

hip check please posted:

the dreaded AVB burps
my dude...

i have never actually done this and i even also mentioned it in my post because i fear burping up popcorn scented weed with some other unpleasant poo poo in there. uhggg that would be the worst.

i dont think it would be any different if you just ate it like trail mix as some of these whackos were suggesting was common.

it would still likely suck balls when you were burping it back up because how the gently caress does your stomach deal with that poo poo.

i would think you would want to take some tums or a glass of milk or something i don't want to even think about it.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

so far i've used my ABV storage to roll cones with a mixture of a bowls worth of fresh material when i want to smoke instead of vape

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

hip check please posted:

These will both help it going down but wont stop the dreaded AVB burps. Some people don't mind the taste but to me its horrible.
First time I ate AVB I just dumped a bunch of it between two buttered pieces of bread probably the most awful I have ever eaten. Honestly getting a little queasy
just thinking about it now.

Kraft mac and cheese with about a gram of reclaimed wax from the dab rig (potency of reclaim is in the 20-40% range). There's no forgetting that taste. I did get 8 full hours of sleep that night, however. I don't recommend it.

I managed to finish it, but it was the worst thing I've done to myself with weed. That taste just haunted me through the following morning. I'd done it before with lower quantities, it becomes very noticeable around 600mg of reclaim.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Kraft mac and cheese with about a gram of reclaimed wax

oh my loving god i would rather shove it up my rear end in a top hat jesus!

im dry heaving just imaging what has happened on this page.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

my brother and my friend used to gravity bong seeds and stems into a trashcan of water using a 2 liter bottle cut down....

i did that once, it was so loving gross i can still remember the rubber and orange juice taste of the lovely mexican weed a definite cutoff for what im willing to do to get high. that was too much.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Kraft mac and cheese with about a gram of reclaimed wax

good god

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
the more weed you smoke, the more _______ you get

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
If you're eating straight AVB I want to recommend chasing it with a peppermint oil capsule. This is purely to shield you from the burps.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

the more weed you smoke, the more weed you get

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I thought everyone had agreed that ABV gives you a weird and horrible high? I've never tried it, I just dump it outside once I've vaped it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Wendigee posted:

my brother and my friend used to gravity bong seeds and stems into a trashcan of water using a 2 liter bottle cut down....

i did that once, it was so loving gross i can still remember the rubber and orange juice taste of the lovely mexican weed a definite cutoff for what im willing to do to get high. that was too much.

We used to just use a 3L soda bottle, punch a hole in the bottom, fill it with water while plugging the hole, and spark the aluminum foil bowl full of brick weed, then pass it between 3-8 people after it drained fully until everyone was coughing like it was their day job.

The late 90s were not my best weed smoking years.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

My wife works in a compounding pharmacy and has made suppositories before they are made of a soft waxy-like substance that melts at something warmer than room temperature so they easily dissolve into your butthole. :2bong:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

that sounds like it would feel amazing

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

at one point we had no source of weed and no money, so they would go back to the standard. a 5 gallon bucket. a two liter bottle with the bottom cut off.

you put in down into the bucket full of water so the water comes up just below the lip of the 2 liter which you've gotta a metal pipe stuck in.

you fill it. you light it.

you pull it it up out of the water it creates an insanely horrible poison that no one should ever use.

plus it was ditch weed from mexico so it was transported in rubber tires and you could taste it

don't ever do this to yourself

this was... ~2003 +/- a few years

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
i just sprinkle a little avb on pasta with butter and it tastes good. basically just like any other culinary herb?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Suppositories are easy to make. You just follow the cannabis ointment recipe (hemp/olive/coconut oil + beeswax) but use more beeswax, and the moulds are made using silver foil wrapped around your little finger.

I'm genuinely surprised by some of the negative reactions. As I stated last night, the cannabinoids flow around the body via a completely different route from inhalation or eating. You also get a 30%+ boost in the efficacy of the meds. From a chronic pain perspective as well as for treating gut issues (IBS/Crohn's/Celiac etc), what's not to like?

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

redreader posted:

I thought everyone had agreed that ABV gives you a weird and horrible high? I've never tried it, I just dump it outside once I've vaped it.

When I did ABV (and this is just my experience it will effect everyone differently) I remember it being hours and hours of feeling nothing then suddenly being massively uncomfortably high for hours like panic attack territory high but after that it ramps down into a really chill pleasant high that lasted anywhere between 8 hours to 2 and a half days. Those first few hours were very rough though I don't think I would recommend it to anyone.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wendigee posted:

at one point we had no source of weed and no money, so they would go back to the standard. a 5 gallon bucket. a two liter bottle with the bottom cut off.

you put in down into the bucket full of water so the water comes up just below the lip of the 2 liter which you've gotta a metal pipe stuck in.

you fill it. you light it.

you pull it it up out of the water it creates an insanely horrible poison that no one should ever use.

plus it was ditch weed from mexico so it was transported in rubber tires and you could taste it

don't ever do this to yourself

this was... ~2003 +/- a few years

Ah buckets/gravity bong.

Harsh as hell but if you like getting high for about 1/10th the cost of joints it was everybody's best friend in my hometown.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
the butt stuff thread: also covering weed

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
HIGH AS gently caress

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

redreader posted:

It makes you tired, so people might not be expecting to be so groggy

e it makes ok joint food too imo

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Convex posted:

the butt stuff thread: also covering weed

I like when threads come together around common themes.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I was wondering what the hell you guys were posting about when I saw how many unread posts I have. For the record, I would do butt weed I guess.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

hip check please posted:

When I did ABV (and this is just my experience it will effect everyone differently) I remember it being hours and hours of feeling nothing then suddenly being massively uncomfortably high for hours like panic attack territory high but after that it ramps down into a really chill pleasant high that lasted anywhere between 8 hours to 2 and a half days. Those first few hours were very rough though I don't think I would recommend it to anyone.

I bought gel caps and took a bunch and never really felt like it kicked in. But I did feel mildly high for like a day and a half, just... didn't really have that "kick in" period like I do with normal edibles. I still save my ABV but don't know if I really wanna gently caress around with it anymore. Too much work and normal weed is too freely available

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
if i lived in a legal state and could just get weeds when ever i wanted i'd just make edibles about of my abv.

but i don't live in such a place so i guess i don't know what i'd actually do.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Making edibles out of concentrates is the easy way in legal states. I still keep my rig reclaim, but haven't used it in ages. I think it's just a holdover habit from days living in prohibition states.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Making edibles out of concentrates is the easy way in legal states. I still keep my rig reclaim, but haven't used it in ages. I think it's just a holdover habit from days living in prohibition states.

It's sort of a blessing and a curse of weed that you can reuse stuff like reclaim. A blessing in that hey, you got some extra use out of it, and a curse in that it's that much extra work you have to worry about.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
+1 for buttweed

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Reclaim isn't particularly more annoying to deal with, unless you're doing alcohol rinses and evaporating it off. That is annoying as hell and takes lots of time.

Just put the rig in the oven, upside down over parchment paper on a cookie sheet at 200°F, melts right out over 20 minutes or so. Wipe the remnants up with an alcohol swab after it cools and chuck that, you have a clean rig and a glob of waxy goop to add to butter that's already decarbed.

Often it's heavier in other cannabinoids like CBN or CBG, which means it's nap time not long after eating any of it. Don't use reclaim for breakfast edibles.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i still hoard ABV out of habit even though I never use it.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Look, I'm not going to turn down the chance to try buttweed, but it's definitely not normal.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
It's 2021 man, boofing is here to stay :c2b:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

rear end: It's Not Just For Eating!TM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003