Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Every sperm is sacred!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/hilaryagro/status/1399553277545623555

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

This is completely deranged.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I read the article and it literally just loosely summarized the repugnant conclusion thing where a bazillion miserable people is better than a million happy people because there is more total units of happiness in existence.

Which is already a monumentally dumb idea and the article just sort of restates it and offers exactly no expansion or commentatry other than almost verbatim "makes u think huh". It's like the author read a wikipedia article and then rewrote a couple of paragraphs of it, and put it in a newspaper.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/bethbourdon/status/1399503724884770822

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

Also the character was originally written as a man. I'm willing to bet, given how little nerds have changed, that when Alien first came out a ton of people got mad at Ripley being a woman anyway and this talking point is just historical revisionism anyway.

I think the main difference is that when Alien first came out, anyone who was mad about it could only express their anger to people in their physical proximity.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

OwlFancier posted:

I read the article and it literally just loosely summarized the repugnant conclusion thing where a bazillion miserable people is better than a million happy people because there is more total units of happiness in existence.

Which is already a monumentally dumb idea and the article just sort of restates it and offers exactly no expansion or commentatry other than almost verbatim "makes u think huh". It's like the author read a wikipedia article and then rewrote a couple of paragraphs of it, and put it in a newspaper.

They want more children so competition for jobs will make it easier to keep wages low.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

But you can make (bad) arguments in favour of maximising procreation, the article doesn't do that, as I said it literally just reads like a summary of a wikipedia article and makes absolutely no point, just "wow deep thoughts that's wild bro"

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
If you're female, you're born with like, 600,000,000 eggs already formed inside your body or something, so the odds of any specific person actually existing are pretty wild, if you think about it.

Like the guy who wrote that article, the odds were actually in our favor that a better guy (or gal) was born, but we missed out.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Yeah the article doesn't make any grand conclusion about birthrates or total happiness or anything. I assume he's bemoaning the fact that there will be less labor available in the coming years, thus less meat for the grinder.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Dewgy posted:

Not gonna lie I would totally watch Alien recast with 80s Cher in the lead. Is it an improvement? Almost certainly not, but it’d be entertaining as hell.

I am totally on board, and wish to hear more about this project.

80s Cher as Ripley. Check.

Now who do we replace Michal Biehn with? Who gets the Bill Paxton role? The Lance Henrikson role? Who gets to be the cool muscly lady marine with the big gun? Or the weasally company man?

These things are important.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Keep Ripley as is, have Cher be the queen.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Kurt Russell for Paxton, Steve Martin for Reiser

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Who gets to be the cool muscly lady marine with the big gun?

Ooh maybe an actual Latina! The world may dare to dream!

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

FFT posted:

Kurt Russell for Paxton, Steve Martin for Reiser

Rick Moranis as Bishop.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

ok so the artist who did that israel super hero also makes horny anti-domestic abuse ads :stare:
CW:

https://twitter.com/prstskrzkrk/status/1399104634657116165

Jamie Faith has a new favorite as of 06:08 on Jun 1, 2021

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

CitizenKain posted:

Rick Moranis as Bishop.
:hmmyes:

Maria Conchita Alonso for Vasquez, though it would interfere with her semi-damseling in The Running Man the year after

lmao The Running Man came out the year after Aliens, that is not what I would have guessed

stringless has a new favorite as of 06:06 on Jun 1, 2021

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

This is what happens when you get high, jerk off, and then remember that your deadline is in two hours.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I will spare them a thought: resentment at getting spared this poo poo.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

xtal posted:

How many pages does a thread need to be in a crappy derail before you gas it?

xlol

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Businessweek has become catholic

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Victims of communism :patriot:

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

repiv posted:

The chuds are melting down because the protagonist of the Horizon games doesn't look like a toothpaste ad model in the sequel

https://twitter.com/ApexAlphaJ/status/1399058012447313928

https://twitter.com/etrnl_classic/status/1398225371653459969

pictured: the "fat and too masculine" sequel design

you can't just post this guy and not post that the comparison image he used was literally made to make fun of chuds like this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gamingcirclejerk/comments/no2btr/hey_everyone_i_decided_to_make_a_less_political/

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

sheep-dodger posted:

you can't just post this guy and not post that the comparison image he used was literally made to make fun of chuds like this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gamingcirclejerk/comments/no2btr/hey_everyone_i_decided_to_make_a_less_political/

:discourse: Magnificent

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

4 minutes apart!? shameful.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

FFT posted:

4 minutes apart!? shameful.

Pastry had sex twice before posting and didn't notice the earlier one.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Look a little closer.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol

(I was trying to see if you’d shopped Ben Shapiro or someone into one of the avatars, but really the “author self own” is too much of a gimme already)

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

idgi

Ratjaculation has a new favorite as of 14:16 on Jun 1, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Look a little closer.

You made the grey part on the right shorter? Is that a meme?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ultrafilter posted:

You made the grey part on the right shorter? Is that a meme?

no it's clearly a shrimp

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Hire fans lol

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Why yes, those ARE blessings!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Saw this guy arguing with Vietnamese people after insulting Ho Chi Minh in the comments, giving off some solid deranged vibes. Categorize this in the classic "idiot who thinks they're a genius"

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Wish someone would wash my brain after reading dumb garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm not surprised there's residential school deniers in 2021, just disappointed.

For those out of the loop, indigenous children were stolen from their families into boarding schools to destroy their culture and language. Thousands of children died or are unaccounted for over almost 200 years. Our hardcore conservative prime minister formally apologized on behalf of the country in 2008. A mass grave of 215 unidentified children as young as 3 was recently unearthed on former residential school property. We know the full story, we know the context, we know how they died, the discourse now is finding the rest of the bodies buried across the country and stop denying what happened.

Then this loving taintstain shows up.

I bet that dude who thinks a "virus" killed all those kids also denies the virus that's actively killing people (and in Canada it disproportionately affects racialized people, so almost exactly what he's talking about...)