Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
am i insane, or did google photos have a way to easily remove backgrounds that's gone now? i know you can do bokeh and all sorts of poo poo with changing portrait light sources. i know they restrict some poo poo, but i'm on a pixel 4 and i figured it could do basic poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
you have to pay for google photos a subscription for that now

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

yep thats only if u pay

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i pay every day i use google products :smith:

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
you either pay with your money or you pay with your dignity

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
dang, i'm pretty much broke on one of those fronts

guess i'll need to start paying cash

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I remember when you'd get those texts to remind you of appointments and Google Now would make a calendar event for you.

Google assistant can't even figure out dates (it interprets d/m/y as m/d/y) let alone do it automatically.

Can't wait for Android 12.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

crepeface posted:

it interprets d/m/y as m/d/y

this is correct

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

crepeface posted:

I remember when you'd get those texts to remind you of appointments and Google Now would make a calendar event for you.

Google assistant can't even figure out dates (it interprets d/m/y as m/d/y) let alone do it automatically.

In Google Calendar;

-if you create a new calendar entry `1pm foo` it creates an all-day event with that title.
-if you type `1300 bar` it creates an all-day event with that title
-if you type `1300pm baz` [sic] it creates an event at 1300 called baz

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

~Coxy posted:

In Google Calendar;

-if you create a new calendar entry `1pm foo` it creates an all-day event with that title.

lmao though to be fair outlook also defaults to all day events when you double click on a day to create something.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

~Coxy posted:

In Google Calendar;

seriously impressed you actually figured out a way to make this approach a modicum of its previous usefulness.

Shaggar posted:

this is correct

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

if you aren't using yyyy/mm/dd I don't even know what to tell you

Shaggar posted:

this is correct

Shaggar was wrong

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

mm/dd/yyyy

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

americans telling time like “he ran that marathon in 45 minutes, and 3 hours, and 32 seconds”

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

if you aren't using yyyy/mm/dd I don't even know what to tell you
Shaggar was wrong

its actually YYYYMMDD, that's how i prefix all my folders and files and poo poo for work. get it together

we have a dogshit old exchange and MS won't allow you to use newer outlook on on-prem exchange, they are trying to force you to use M365 (or something), and loving outlook won't even do 24 hour time. what a loving shitheap

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

i just use YYYYTMND works for me

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Gentle Autist posted:

we have a dogshit old exchange and MS won't allow you to use newer outlook on on-prem exchange

what?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

sb hermit posted:

mm/dd/yyyy

yes correct.

jesus WEP posted:

americans telling time like “he ran that marathon in 45 minutes, and 3 hours, and 32 seconds”

euro calendars are 31 pages where each page has up to 12 month slots.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i think outlook 2019 on mac will only work with m365

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i don't think that's the case. it does prioritize m365 autodiscover though, so depending on how they have autodiscover configured for the domain it may only try m365 and not the on-prem exchange server. this is mostly an issue if you have m365 services associated with the domain, but not email.

the solution is to fix your domain's autodiscover

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

this won't solve your other problem though because new outlook sucks at least as bad as old outlook.

i guess it's better than it used to be on mac, but only because it was such a loving trash fire before 2016

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Shaggar posted:

yes correct.

As an American: No. Bad.

middle, small, large is dumb and bad.

either small, middle, large or large middle small.

mm/dd/yyyy is just plan stupid.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Granite Octopus posted:

i just use YYYYTMND works for me

Joe Chip
Jan 4, 2014

Gentle Autist posted:

its actually YYYYMMDD, that's how i prefix all my folders and files and poo poo for work. get it together

we have a dogshit old exchange and MS won't allow you to use newer outlook on on-prem exchange, they are trying to force you to use M365 (or something), and loving outlook won't even do 24 hour time. what a loving shitheap

i like this. i use yyyy-mm-dd because i like hyphens. least specific to most specific for everything (this is also why i like big endian systems, power forever)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Joe Chip posted:

i like this. i use yyyy-mm-dd because i like hyphens. least specific to most specific for everything (this is also why i like big endian systems, power forever)

do you put country and state first in an address when mailing something

Joe Chip
Jan 4, 2014

mediaphage posted:

do you put country and state first in an address when mailing something

no, because addresses in my country are standardized: https://pe.usps.com/text/pub28/welcome.htm

as are dates: https://www.iso.org/iso-8601-date-and-time-format.html

:colbert:

edit: real answer is it comes down to computers != people. i still write mm/dd/yyyy on forms because i'm not a robot. when i put it in the computer i make it easy to sort for the computer. if i was storing addresses as a string in a computer you'd better believe country and state go first

Joe Chip fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 4, 2021

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

crepeface posted:

actually in the dyp thread they were just complaining about that happening to them so its actually just you it isnt working for

D-Pad posted:

I just received empirical proof that Android is the best OS.

I've got a friend who runs our cities condom program. She messaged me that she was about to drop off condoms at a 40 person orgy that happens once a month. Android immediately popped a notification asking me if I'd like to schedule an event as part of the chat.

only works if you enable assistant in messages

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shaggar posted:

yes correct.
euro calendars are 31 pages where each page has up to 12 month slots.
calendars are inherently big endian. book is the year, page is the month, square is the date. you imbecile.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
yyyy-mm-dd is correct, not just for computers

file.cab / 2021 / 06 / 04 / shitpost.txt

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

calendars are inherently big endian. book is the year, page is the month, square is the date. you imbecile.

right. month first then day. as in mm-dd. not dd-mm which is the hosed up poo poo euros do

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

oh no the thread is recursing

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the only big endian you should care about is your mom

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I still have trouble with the endianness concept

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
the phone app on my pixel crashed when i got a phone call

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

wow. finally android has feature parity with windows mobile circa 2005

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Zamujasa posted:

yyyy-mm-dd is correct, not just for computers

file.cab / 2021 / 06 / 04 / shitpost.txt

wait, people actually use cab files?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Silver Alicorn posted:

I still have trouble with the endianness concept

your memory is an array of bytes. big endian reads it like this, little endian read it like that. that’s all there is to it.

given bytes 0x69 0x42 0x02 0x19

big endian: 0x69420219
little endian: 0x19024269

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
oh cool now I just have to remember which architectures use what

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

oh cool now I just have to remember which architectures use what

good news: i am pretty sure actually you don't need to remember that at all. try instead learning something interesting, or maybe just take a nap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

take up a hobby, like doing heroin