Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Nick Khan announces that Vince is going to a farm upstate where he can rib in the fields

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

King Bahamut posted:

Putting my chips down on comedy option “Nick Khan-led private equity coup with CAA money” and Paul & Steph are o-u-t

yea I'm kind of in this boat myself.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

didnt aleister just kill like half the midcard a week ago on SD in his grand re-debut lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

bartok posted:

Lot of former WWE guys have made a killing just playing large goons in movies.

Kevin Nash was the smartest guy in John Wick!

Huh maybe Braun isnt as stupid as Shane told me he is.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Terra Ryzing to AEW

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

explosivo posted:

So do they just.. get paid for the years remaining on the contract when they get terminated or does a contract just mean literally nothing?

depends on the verbiage. WWE being WWE probably has an 'at-will' termination clause that they can exercise but the contractor has to go through an arbitration phase(hence the "grant my release" requests).

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I know the WWE is a hell company and all, but if "over $1 million per year" is considered an insane contract for someone who has regularly main evented for years and won a top company title from loving Goldberg at loving Wrestlemania, what can you even do anymore.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

explosivo posted:

So do they just.. get paid for the years remaining on the contract when they get terminated or does a contract just mean literally nothing?

WWE contracts are such that you can't quit but they can fire you whenever they want

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Over/under on major losses to UUDD is 1.5

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Also I know all eyes are on Tommy End, but I also really, really hope Kenny Omega or whoever's in charge of AEW's women's division now got on the phone with Ruby immediately. She's so good and she was absolutely unfathomably wasted in the WWE and NXT alike.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
braun go to zona 23

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Senerio posted:

Over/under on major losses to UUDD is 1.5

I'll take the over on that

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is insanely funny but I feel legit sad for Liv Morgan, last survivor of the Riott Squad.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is insanely funny but I feel legit sad for Liv Morgan, last survivor of the Riott Squad.

give it the rest of the day

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

don't worry odds are she's gonna be fired too

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Liv has a ton of personality and I'd love to see what she could turn into in a company that helps talent improve

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

sorry if its been posted already

Braun posted:

Here we go with more of the somebody pay for my bills stuff. If you can’t afford to pay your bills maybe you should change professions. That’s why I quit strongman. I loved it, but I couldn’t afford to live so instead of making a go fund me or a Patreon wanting someone else to take care of me I went out and worked harder than I ever have in my life to get to where I am. What happened to being accountable for your own actions????!!!

edit: for context, this was after indie wrestlers lost all their booking dates when the pandemic started

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 2, 2021

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I'd like to see Liv Morgan go back to her old entrance music that was the word "yo" 500 times

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'd like to see Liv Morgan go back to her old entrance music that was the word "yo" 500 times

Liv Morgan joins the Acclaimed

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If you were to collectively compare the legends contracts to the active roster contracts which would be higher at this point

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

explosivo posted:

The contract is one-sided as gently caress and is the bulk of the reason everyone says WWE is such a lovely company to work for.

The default is get paid for their no-compete period, and you can probably figure out that if they had to pay them the full multi-year value of the contract on release anyway they’d just keep them in catering doing nothing so nobody else can use them like they already were.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Braun slowly walks in circles around his Kia, sadly making choo choo noises

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
LOL Braun did every stupid thing the company ever wanted him to do, stood up for the company on social media, etc etc etc and he still gets dropped like this. Why would you ever sign with this company and trust anything they say?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Critical posted:

Braun slowly walks in circles around his Kia, sadly making choo choo noises

This mental image made me chuckle

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I hope Impact outlasts WWE now

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

ruby/heidi is someone I saw a lot on indies like Chikara and met a couple times. Absolutely wonderful person, should absolutely be in the title race in any women's division in the world. I knew WWE would fart around with her but they managed to miss even my lowest expectations. She's definitely already getting phone calls and I hope this is the catalyst to her time to really shine

I don't know much about garret. Braun, who knows. He's huge with live crowds and it's not like WWE is picky about low-mobility big boys, you think they'd keep him for the first tours. Not sure where he goes if he can't really wrestle much, but also who knows what he can still do - or would be able to do after some time off. ALeister and Murphy will do jussssst fine and I cant wait to see some better company let them both off the leash. Lana seems like a shoe-in to manage Miro in you-know-what fed, but she'd be excellent as part of a women's stable. She's great as a valet and has gotten good enough in the ring that she can work as storylines dictate.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Just imagine how much money they could save if they weren't paying Vince's talentless children millions a year.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I feel like Braun goes to Impact if he goes anywhere, right?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Just lol if it turns out Braun is still good to go after being checked over by real doctors not hired by WWE

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shard posted:

Er, this would actually be awesome???

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

Yo

Yo

Yo

Yo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Max Caster
Anthony Bowens
Gionna Daddio

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Alaois posted:

Max Caster
Anthony Bowens
Gionna Daddio

Hell yeah.

Also Heidi Lovelace vs Britt Baker at All Out.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

everything is also thrown under a new light since we've now seen multiple cases of "They weren't good workers in WWE" turning into very good workers when given actual training, and "WWE doctors said they're busted" turning into "no theyre fine" when looked at by actual doctors

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

:stare:

I need this.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Intruder posted:

I hope Impact outlasts WWE now

The year is 2041, American society has collapsed. Climate change has turned what parts of the country that aren't underwater into a radioactive desert. Roving bands of supermutant raiders reign over what's left of the populace.

Somewhere, in an old warehouse full of rotting Global Force Wrestling t-shirts, James Storm and Tommy Dreamer are still wrestling.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's fun to think about how many years WWE doctors stole from Edge, Bryan, etc by lying on their medical records

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

JT Smiley posted:

Just imagine how much money they could save if they weren't paying Vince's talentless children millions a year.

How much are they paying Rock and Cena

e: or Hogan

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

WWE contracts are such that you can't quit but they can fire you whenever they want

They usually have to pay up on the contract though. They don't walk away with nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

Among the other releases that we've heard about Ruby Riott's release definitely seemed to shake the WWE roster the most, based on those we spoke to. Riott was universally popular backstage, and commended for her hard work often. Much of the same case with Buddy Murphy, who we're told was not in the "creative forecast for WWE" of late. There were pitches for Murphy to team with Wesley Blake again before his release, but they were ultimately shot down. Murphy was said to be easy to work with, and generally receptive to creative