Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
all skill trees are garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mysterious loyall X posted:

sphere grid count?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Average Bear posted:

Perk trees that are just do 10% more fire damage (3 ranks), 25% spell cost reduction. Even worse, when you have to unlock those perks to get to something like "jump on water". Basically the way Bethesda does perks sucks!

FNV had it right. Each perk gives you a new ability or playstyle. That's how it should be.

Agreed. Skill/perks should feel epic when you unlock them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Average Bear posted:

Perk trees that are just do 10% more fire damage (3 ranks), 25% spell cost reduction. Even worse, when you have to unlock those perks to get to something like "jump on water". Basically the way Bethesda does perks sucks!

FNV had it right. Each perk gives you a new ability or playstyle. That's how it should be.

the way skyrim does it in particular is loving miserable lol.

dragonquest 11 ftw actually. nova drift also has an interesting take where you rapidly make a crazy build

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
by allah you dogs will pay

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006

Martman posted:

I like how there is randomly one Woman

MORE👏
FEMALE 👏
ROBOT👏
MASTERS 👏

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

When game devs patch single player games to remove fun features in the name of "balance". This is especially dire in roguelikes

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

When game devs patch single player games to remove fun features in the name of "balance". This is especially dire in roguelikes

Stone Soup just outright removing entire classes, mechanics etc ftw

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Stone Soup just outright removing entire classes, mechanics etc ftw

lol wtf they removed centaur and high elf too. I'm still reeling from the loss of mountain dwarf

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Dead Cells seemed to get worse and worse with every update...

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
playing Halo CE and the sound design is just total bullshit, they completely ruined everything. press the button to toggle and all the plasma weapons, explosions and stuff sound amazing in the old mpde but sound incredibly anemic and lovely now. why didnt they just leave it alone

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
all "remasters" are bullshit tbh

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Klowner posted:

all "remasters" are bullshit tbh

*shoots you with a bazooka with saga frontier remastered written on it*

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Excuse me?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i kinda agree. you master songs on an album, and then remaster them when you rerelease the album or whatever. it doesnt make sense in the context of any other medium

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mycophobia posted:

i kinda agree. you master songs on an album, and then remaster them when you rerelease the album or whatever. it doesnt make sense in the context of any other medium

its an instruction to you the gamer to get 100% in the game all over again

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol every time

But in seriousness, if you legitimately enjoy any remaster over the original you probably need brain surgery.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
:dafuq:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What on earth

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

mycophobia posted:

... woah

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Playing Okami in 360p instead of 1080p because it’s better for some reason

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://gfycat.com/blandapprehensiveicelandgull

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
some remakes/upgrades are good and some are bad but just hating them across the board is psychotic

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

some remakes are good and some are bad but just hating them across the board is psychotic

I see past the sham that is
society, and I'm into some
incredibly hosed up poo poo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

More Pixels = Better Than

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The motherfucking Klowner isn’t taking any prisoners today :stonk:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

"but what about them fixing the-"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Klowner posted:

lol every time

But in seriousness, if you legitimately enjoy any remaster over the original you probably need brain surgery.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

hahaha

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

This is nonsense. If you're not looking at low poly Squall's hotness on a real CRT gtfo

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
halo 2 remaster is pretty hoiype. and i heard lord kaplan fixed halo ce a few days ago

e: maybe the halo 2 one isn't a remaster i don't really know lol

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
halo mcc has the absolute worst menu ui i've ever seen

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The Klowner posted:

lol every time

Actually blie point made the best souls game by adding fake o fortuna over everything. And turning all the enemies into wow creaturea

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Actually blie point made the best souls game by adding fake o fortuna over everything. And turning all the enemies into wow creaturea

bile point

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Nostradingus posted:

Dead Cells seemed to get worse and worse with every update...

dead cells when it first released was super fast and had a ton of promise and then they just kept tripling the health of everything updates. also the game's been out for ages and the only viable build is still freeze everything + thing that kills frozen enemies lol, it sucks

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thank you bob

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

extremebuff posted:

dead cells when it first released was super fast and had a ton of promise and then they just kept tripling the health of everything updates. also the game's been out for ages and the only viable build is still freeze everything + thing that kills frozen enemies lol, it sucks

what is it with indie devs over-balancing games? i used to love binding of isaac but it felt like every update he nerfed all the cool items and added a bunch of boring bad ones. and mace the enemies move faster and shoot faster.

it was cool playing it on handheld and zoning out, making dumb item combos that blow up the screen every time you shoot.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

the insane boss HP put me off Dead Cells to begin with and now half the enemies are like that too. drat shame, every time they added something cool like dodge offset or Bloodborne rally, they hosed up something else real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Just started playing Aria of Sorrow and noticed that it basically reboots the entire game (like it takes you back to the Konami splash screen) whenever you die

Like…why