Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://twitter.com/SplAdamSage/status/1002984414622748673?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Makes me think there have gotta be owners who have given their horses tongue twister names just to gently caress with the announcers.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Zesty posted:

...you linked a 2 year old tweet of yours?

This must be very embarrassing for you.
I'm getting through it thanks.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Lobok posted:

Makes me think there have gotta be owners who have given their horses tongue twister names just to gently caress with the announcers.

Ligma Sac? If you do a tongue twist on that one, I sure would thank you.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
bofa deez nuts

BY A HEAD

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The Bloop posted:

bofa deez nuts

BY A HEAD

Bofa deez nuts
ROLLING

Though if you look at these names they arent that much better/worse than Bofa.

(Are those the odds on the left there? Whoever bet on Bofa had a nice dinner)

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Lobok posted:

Or a racist name.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

uh, yeah, sure

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

No that's an actual thing that happened recently they're referencing:

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/guillot-horse-with-racist-name-wins-at-aqueduct-sparks-outrage/

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Lobok posted:

Potoooooooo!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Zesty posted:

:lol: I’m glad someone caught this. Jesus

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

quote:

After the race yesterday, Tweeted that he had named the horse after a fond childhood memory of drinking the beverage. “When I went home for Xmas my 88 year Mother got a kick out of me naming a horse after my favorite drink when I was little boy she always reminded me of it for years! I'll send her a pic.” (Grammar and usage copied as is from Tweet.)

:thunk: very specific

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Thought process:

“Wait, how is GRAPE SODA racist? I don’t get it?”
* keeps reading*.

“Oh. Ooooh. Yeeaaaaaahhhh. Dat shits racist”

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Zesty posted:

Not just any 2 year old tweet, a painfully unfunny one at that!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqj2hkbDnyM

:xd:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Lobok posted:

apparently they can get rejected in the uk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ELTfS_wM74

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Well now I know what my next cat’s name is gonna be

Thaddius the Large has a new favorite as of 18:47 on Jun 3, 2021

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Bofa deez nuts
ROLLING

Though if you look at these names they arent that much better/worse than Bofa.

(Are those the odds on the left there? Whoever bet on Bofa had a nice dinner)

Always bet on bofa.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Chard posted:

:thunk: very specific

It was his very favorite drink at the age of 14

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

One time in a Tijuana off-track I bet on a horse named Nalgas because I was super loaded, I thought it was funny and I had some pesos I wanted to unload. I won like 2000.

Always bet on nalgas :yaybutt:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

*Slamming all of my money down on the counter*

I WANT ALL OF IT ON BOFA DEEZ NUTS

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Evilreaver posted:

*Slamming all of my money down on the counter*

I WANT ALL OF IT ON BOFA DEEZ NUTS

Sir, please stop this. You come in every single day with the same bet and... oh. There actually is a horse with that name today.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

The Bloop posted:

So...

How many drinks is it for you to unlock necrophilia, exactly?

Puttin' the "romance" in necromancer :grin:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

mds2 posted:

Making your own booze is where its at. I got a little still a few months ago and its super easy. Moonshine for days.

Yeah, this. Making beer is easy and fun and delicious and you can get into it for like $100. Plus you can do all kinds of cool stuff with the spent grains (dog or human cookies, grind it up for flour, compost, etc.).

It's illegal to distill where I live so I would never do it, but I have, uh, a friend who makes good quality vodka with a sugar wash, plenty of 1118, an air still, and a carbon filter bucket. Get like 5 L of 50%abv hooch out of 12 bucks of sugar, 5 for yeast, and 5 for a filter.

Ninja edit: and as a hobby, it's plenty safe. There's a good reason bullshit about blowing up and going blind is prevalent and it has a lot more to do with tax revenues than health and safety.

Real edit: my friend also wrote a handy guide on how to do it all safely in your kitchen, if anyone is interested in the craft.

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 20:07 on Jun 3, 2021

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Sorry if someone already mentioned...but there is a hilarious story about the writing/creating team of the naked gun series going to some pretty extreme similar lengths to get a track announcer say a thing.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Cocaine Bear posted:

Real edit: my friend also wrote a handy guide on how to do it all safely in your kitchen, if anyone is interested in the craft.

I've pondered many times. But it sounds like your friend can make short work of what appears to be an esoteric art riddle with iffy internet information. I would very much like to read this treatise for academic non practical reasons. It is permittable where I live.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Cocaine Bear posted:

Yeah, this. Making beer is easy and fun and delicious and you can get into it for like $100. Plus you can do all kinds of cool stuff with the spent grains (dog or human cookies, grind it up for flour, compost, etc.).

How does flour from grains you've made beer with influence the stuff you bake with it? Taste, texture etc. can't be exactly the same, right?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

aphid_licker posted:

How does flour from grains you've made beer with influence the stuff you bake with it? Taste, texture etc. can't be exactly the same, right?
You've taken a lot of the sugar and flavor out so it's mostly just bulking. They can have pretty unique flavors so even after it's spent you can use it to make things taste unlike stuff with just normal flour but it's always going to be heavy on the saw dust side of things.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

E: ^^^ eh, sort of. You're actually mostly just taking the starch out and converting it to sugar during the mashing process to ferment into alcohol. Plus it's cookies, your flavour is mostly coming from your sugar, butter, and sweet ingredients. But hey, it's green and fun to gently caress around and find out! For like 10 bucks of grain you can make 20L of beer and more flour than you'll probably be able to use! Plus it makes your house smell of toasted oatmeal ☺.

aphid_licker posted:

Key is to grind it up fine then mix it 50/50 with regular processed flour. Too much or not ground finely enough will tend towards a bit dry but if you're making dog cookie they don't seem to mind. It actually lends a bit of a Brewing aroma to the cookies (if you've ever been around while someone was mashing you'll know the smell). It's also a bit darker so if you're making chocolate chip or peanut butter if gives them an interesting look. But yeah, it's not a 1:1 comparison.

Just gotta be careful with you hops because they're dog poison. So maybe don't throw your trub in the composter if you have a furry friend nearby.

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 22:16 on Jun 3, 2021

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

https://twitter.com/FSD_in_6m/status/1400207129479352323?s=19

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I liked this tweet just because of all the Negative Nancys in the thread

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

I liked this tweet just because of all the Negative Nancys in the thread

Nice to see you took a break from liking all the Ben Shapiro tweets

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Cocaine Bear posted:

Ninja edit: and as a hobby, it's plenty safe. There's a good reason bullshit about blowing up and going blind is prevalent and it has a lot more to do with tax revenues than health and safety.

Maybe so, but if you don't discard the stuff that distills over first, at the lower temperature, then in addition to tasting bad the product will contain concentrated methanol. (I'm sure you know that, but thought it's worth mentioning).

I'm still not going to drink moonshine from anyone who I don't know, and trust that they know what they're doing. That came up once - a friend of mine who doesn't drink was gifted a bottle of moonshine by a client, and offered it to me. I declined, since I have no idea whether that rando actually knew what he was doing.

Edit: I mean, go nuts on the home winemaking and brewing, but I'd be wary of home distilled stuff since you actually can poison yourself.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 02:58 on Jun 4, 2021

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

aphid_licker posted:

Commercially it mostly gets turned into animal food. DDG, dried distiller’s grains is the name for it.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Hyperlynx posted:

Maybe so, but if you don't discard the stuff that distills over first, at the lower temperature, then in addition to tasting bad the product will contain concentrated methanol. (I'm sure you know that, but thought it's worth mentioning).

Methanol isn’t a direct fermentation product, it comes from the breakdown of pectin. So if your sugar source doesn’t contain pectin, methanol isn’t a concern. Historically a lot of shiners used corn, so methanol was produced. If you’re using wheat or rye or, say, molasses, no pectin and no methanol.

That’s not the only reason for throwing away the heads and tails, though.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Hypothetically what laws are you breaking by putting a big graphic of a red traffic light on the back of your van just to gently caress with nearby Teslas?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Timotheous Venture posted:

Hypothetically what laws are you breaking by putting a big graphic of a red traffic light on the back of your van just to gently caress with nearby Teslas?

Criminal mischief or reckless endangerment or some other catch-all if they feel like getting you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Wasn't most of the " BREWING YOUR OWN STUFF WILL KILL YOUUUUUU" poo poo partly propaganda, but derived from the moonshiners that would use whatever poo poo they could scrap together, so you'd be introducing alot of poo poo like lead and other unwanted chemicals into the mix?

I guess when you are constantly hunting them down, and they having to quickly build, brew what they got and move on, sometimes Quality Control slips, Whoopsie!

and also turns out when you make something black market, there are no controls on it, so unscrupulous people will do whatever without care what happens to the end consumer!