Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Graffitied is a word. Why replace the E with an apostrophe when it's the same amount of characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What if you pulled a fire alarm because there was a fire?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Why is pulling the fire alarm worse than getting expelled

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

OwlFancier posted:

What if you pulled a fire alarm because there was a fire?

Depends. Did you set it? There's a bad:good ratio to arson and warning against a fire

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If you start a fire and pull the fire alarm, you have saved dozens of people in the act of pulling the alarm and done only property damage in the act of starting the fire.

It’s a major karma exploit.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Tenebrais posted:

Why is pulling the fire alarm worse than getting expelled

Getting expelled and getting suspended are valued the same, which... doesn't quite jive with the opinions of any educator I've ever met.

Also, 'drag raced' feels wrong. Is it correct but ugly, or is the correct past-tense term 'dragged race'?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Platystemon posted:

If you start a fire and pull the fire alarm, you have saved dozens of people in the act of pulling the alarm and done only property damage in the act of starting the fire.

It’s a major karma exploit.

Woah

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Checks out, time to reorient my strats!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cleretic posted:

Getting expelled and getting suspended are valued the same, which... doesn't quite jive with the opinions of any educator I've ever met.

Also, 'drag raced' feels wrong. Is it correct but ugly, or is the correct past-tense term 'dragged race'?

It’s definitely the former. Race is the verb.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cleretic posted:

Raced drag.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Raced drag.

Attorneys drag :eng101:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/holly/status/1400813840921726978

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The past tense of foot race is footed race

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Should have chewed it up. Become a circus freak. What a coward.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
He was trying to do the Uncle Fester thing but never actually saw the show

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Knormal posted:

They can't even pick their graph axes right.

I assume it's so you can read the quotes, but still lmao at such garbage image design

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004

Sounds like they could've used the help of Dr. Jan Itor on that one

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Graffitied is a word. Why replace the E with an apostrophe when it's the same amount of characters?

I think that would be an adjective if it is a word. Graffiti is plural (graffito being singular) so you can't graffiti something by definition (unless you're painting with both hands.)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Goddamnit, it's only an adjective. No ten dollars for me.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

xtal posted:

I think that would be an adjective if it is a word. Graffiti is plural (graffito being singular) so you can't graffiti something by definition (unless you're painting with both hands.)

In Italian "graffiti" is plural and "graffito" is singular, but in English it's a loan word and we gently caress all those up so we use "graffiti" as both the singular and plural nouns, as well as a verb.

edit it's not really a singular or plural noun, I don't know what the term for it is but it's the sort of thing where it's not granular, just "some graffiti" like "some water" or "some stank"

Baron von Eevl has a new favorite as of 16:17 on Jun 4, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Baron von Eevl posted:

it's not really a singular or plural noun, I don't know what the term for it is but it's the sort of thing where it's not granular, just "some graffiti" like "some water" or "some stank"

Mass noun.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Baron von Eevl posted:

In Italian "graffiti" is plural and "graffito" is singular, but in English it's a loan word and we gently caress all those up so we use "graffiti" as both the singular and plural nouns, as well as a verb.

edit it's not really a singular or plural noun, I don't know what the term for it is but it's the sort of thing where it's not granular, just "some graffiti" like "some water" or "some stank"

Every time I read the word "Graffiti", I hear it pronounced like Ernie Hudson does in the Crow.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

turn on your monitor.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLN6NpYzCN4

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Data Graham posted:

The past tense of foot race is footed race

The past tense of foot is fate

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

xtal posted:

love 2 post here on the Something Awful Fora

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Baron von Eevl posted:

Thank you for the advices

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Kenning posted:

love 2 post here on the Something Awful Fora

Been saying we should call it this

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/flglmn/status/1400838086209294343

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

What the gently caress? My brain refuses to accept this as anything other than a bad troll.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Famous queen, Hugh Hefner

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/haxanvillain/status/1399459755970674692

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Andos El Pantos posted:

Sounds like they could've used the help of Dr. Jan Itor on that one

:golfclap:

Didn’t want that to go unappreciated.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Can't wait for Black Asuka in the eventual NGE live-action adaptation.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Trust...
In...
My...
Self-righteous ginger-cide...

I...
Cry...

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I choose to believe Xeni Jardin's cancer battle made her stop giving a gently caress and now has no filter whatsoever, because I have no idea what else could account for the poo poo she says

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Theres a comedian in the UK who used to be a doctor (I forget which one*) who tells a story about this. The old fashioned type of lightbulb will go in your mouth, but not easily come out. So he has a patient in the morning whos put a lightbulb in his mouth and cant get it out. They gently caress around with various methods (pulling it, lubing it up and pulling it) and eventually work out how to get it out. Send the guy home in a cab. A few hours later they get a second patient in with a lightbulb stuck in his mouth. They get it out (having perfected a method that morning) and then say to the guy "okay, whats going on? I've never had to remove a lightbulb from a mouth before, now two in one day?" Transpires the second guy is the taxi driver who drove the first guy home from the hospital. They'd been chatting in the cab and the passenger had told him why he'd been at the hospital and the driver had thought "That sounds fake. No way you cant just pull it back out, if it goes in it must come back out" and when his shift had ended he'd gone home and tried it for himself.

*I think it was Adam Kay who is more of an author/screenwriter than comedian, but I could be wrong. There are a fair few ex medics who are now comedians. It was on 8 out of 10 cats does countdown whoever it was.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think the most famous comedian that used to be a doctor is Harry Hill. It seems to be a thing though.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

BioEnchanted posted:

I think the most famous comedian that used to be a doctor is Harry Hill. It seems to be a thing though.

Yeah, theres a fair few. Off the top of my head Paul Sinha and Ken Jeong (although hes american rather than british) as well as the aforementioned Harry Hill, but I know theres more. And Jo Brand was a psychiatric nurse. I watch a lot of stand up/panel shows, and it kind of feels like the only job more common as a path into stand up is Teacher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

SiKboy posted:

Yeah, theres a fair few. Off the top of my head Paul Sinha and Ken Jeong (although hes american rather than british) as well as the aforementioned Harry Hill, but I know theres more. And Jo Brand was a psychiatric nurse. I watch a lot of stand up/panel shows, and it kind of feels like the only job more common as a path into stand up is Teacher.

I can really see Mike Wozniak as a doctor.