Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Strowman’s knees are hosed yes but we’re talking about Tommy End now

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Like, even if you're allergic to high-concept spooky poo poo Tommy End has the look and the skills to just be a regular ol' asskicker hoss, and you can provably use him in that role with great success.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Strowman’s knees are hosed yes but we’re talking about Tommy End now

haha

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cerebral Bore posted:

Like, even if you're allergic to high-concept spooky poo poo Tommy End has the look and the skills to just be a regular ol' asskicker hoss, and you can provably use him in that role with great success.

Tommy End is missing a very important skill you can't teach to be a hoss. (He's not very big.)

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'm rewatching old PWG trailers and that spinning knee that he does still makes me pop.

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

Cerebral Bore posted:

yeah he's so high concept and elaborate. he deserves awards for his creativity of I'll be spooky like this video game character because i don't know the actual spooky guy that character was being. QUICK HIRE HIM IMMEDIATELY HE CAN KICK, HE HAS FEET, NOBODY ELSE IN WRESTLING HAS EVER KICKED.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SexMetalBarbie posted:

yeah he's so high concept and elaborate. he deserves awards for his creativity of I'll be spooky like this video game character because i don't know the actual spooky guy that character was being. QUICK HIRE HIM IMMEDIATELY HE CAN KICK, HE HAS FEET, NOBODY ELSE IN WRESTLING HAS EVER KICKED.

calm down

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Did the guy murder your dog or something?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Snitsky and Big Cass and Test had big boot finishers, the ultimate kick

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

SexMetalBarbie posted:

are you a "normie"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Snitsky and Big Cass and Test had big boot finishers, the ultimate kick

Adam Page is slowly developing this deadly art.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Whose rereg is this

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Oh Snapple! posted:

Whose rereg is this

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Cerebral Bore posted:

Did the guy murder your dog or something?

I think you mean sacrifice.

Oh Snapple! posted:

Whose rereg is this

Not it!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Did 80s James Hetfield get banned in the end

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SexMetalBarbie posted:

Laughing at the notion that that there can ever be enough of the coolest & best archetype in all wrestling, cool dude who kicks hard.

(Maybe second coolest after stoic dude who drops people on their head, depending on my mood)

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine
he had a good match against Dream and Adam Cole at least, before NXT went to poo poo and every match had to feel like a 38 minute epic. so i will give him that. two good matches.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

Whose rereg is this

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SexMetalBarbie posted:

Please stop

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1400821313313427464?s=20 while technically not WWE, it's definitely referencing.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You don't understand, Tommy End needs to apologize for how badly my life has turned out.

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine
“With Velveteen Dream, he was always a great character,” Wolfe said. “I did not have a personal relationship with him but I toured with him together and wrestled with him together. And he was always very in his character, even in the way of ‘hey fans want to get autographs.’ But he stayed in that heel persona and was like ‘no thank you’ and just walked away. Just walked away like he was on stage. But also with that, this publicity is totally s--t, and if he really did that, you have to prove it. You can’t just be a guy on the internet, and there’s a lot of people who just accuse somebody for the sake of getting famous. You have to go to the police.

“If that’s something, and you have the screenshots of the conversation, you have to go to the police. You have to go to a lawyer, you have to go to the court, and there’s a judge and jury. Otherwise, you cannot take it seriously. In my opinion it’s always like that. You speak about the Speaking Out movement, which was the first time that was mentioned, you have a lot of people who got fired. But you also had a lot of people who got accused but didn’t get fired. Because there is always an investigation. If I tell you right away ‘you can’t do your podcast anymore, because you’re a thief’, I have to prove it, right?'”

While Wolfe later clarified that Dream should be punished if he did what he was accused of, he also said he felt sorry for Dream. He went on to criticize social media and the internet as a whole

“I feel sorry for the guy because if that really happened it’s horrible. And if it’s true what happened, of course you should be punished for that,” Wolfe said. “Again, if I would be that guy I would go to the police. Even like on WWE’s side of the end, you cannot tell WWE what to do or not. If so, probably 50% of the roster would be gone because there’s a character they didn’t like or whatever. And especially because Velveteen Dream is so good in his character, to piss people off, a lot of people would say ‘ugh f**k that guy.’ And that’s the whole thing. When you got to the trial of the internet it’s like ‘alright, who’s there? Guys with no profile picture who text you or whatever?’

That’s the internet. The internet is full of guys who try to hurt you. When you’re famous, when you’re an actor, and you do one something stupid, even if it’s, I don’t know, you misspell a word. They’re behind you, they mock you, they try to bring you down. Internet is almost good to become like a mental health patient in like a clinic. I have to rant right now because I hate the internet. I hate all of social media. Social media is probably a curse and also a good thing. You can promote stuff for free, especially when speaking as a professional wrestler. I’m a free agent, I need to use that to make commercial, to get the word around. But in the end, it’s a place for everybody. I can open a second account and trash everything I’ve done right. I can hide behind social media, I can do something good but I can do the opposite of it. I can spread everything what I want to say, which comes up in a time of, I don’t know ‘I have to rant about something.’ Social media is a reason I think people are divided more and more"

Alexander Wolfe's take on Dream and social media

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/06/alexander-wolfe-comments-on-velveteen-dream-controversy/

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SexMetalBarbie posted:

he had a good match against Dream and Adam Cole at least, before NXT went to poo poo and every match had to feel like a 38 minute epic. so i will give him that. two good matches.

Almost as if he had a career before he went to the company where nobody has good matches?

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

You don't understand, Tommy End needs to apologize for how badly my life has turned out.

Maybe Tommy End kicked his parents to death and then sat down with his legs crossed in the middle of crime alley

A forums post flew through his window now he fights good sense on the internet

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

An anything who will kick your head off has legs as a concept because kicking people's heads off is loving awesome

even a member of French aristocracy and her maid?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SexMetalBarbie posted:

Previous to WWE he was regarded as one of Europe's best wrestlers.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SexMetalBarbie posted:

“With Velveteen Dream, he was always a great character,” Wolfe said. “I did not have a personal relationship with him but I toured with him together and wrestled with him together. And he was always very in his character, even in the way of ‘hey fans want to get autographs.’ But he stayed in that heel persona and was like ‘no thank you’ and just walked away. Just walked away like he was on stage. But also with that, this publicity is totally s--t, and if he really did that, you have to prove it. You can’t just be a guy on the internet, and there’s a lot of people who just accuse somebody for the sake of getting famous. You have to go to the police.

“If that’s something, and you have the screenshots of the conversation, you have to go to the police. You have to go to a lawyer, you have to go to the court, and there’s a judge and jury. Otherwise, you cannot take it seriously. In my opinion it’s always like that. You speak about the Speaking Out movement, which was the first time that was mentioned, you have a lot of people who got fired. But you also had a lot of people who got accused but didn’t get fired. Because there is always an investigation. If I tell you right away ‘you can’t do your podcast anymore, because you’re a thief’, I have to prove it, right?'”

While Wolfe later clarified that Dream should be punished if he did what he was accused of, he also said he felt sorry for Dream. He went on to criticize social media and the internet as a whole

“I feel sorry for the guy because if that really happened it’s horrible. And if it’s true what happened, of course you should be punished for that,” Wolfe said. “Again, if I would be that guy I would go to the police. Even like on WWE’s side of the end, you cannot tell WWE what to do or not. If so, probably 50% of the roster would be gone because there’s a character they didn’t like or whatever. And especially because Velveteen Dream is so good in his character, to piss people off, a lot of people would say ‘ugh f**k that guy.’ And that’s the whole thing. When you got to the trial of the internet it’s like ‘alright, who’s there? Guys with no profile picture who text you or whatever?’

That’s the internet. The internet is full of guys who try to hurt you. When you’re famous, when you’re an actor, and you do one something stupid, even if it’s, I don’t know, you misspell a word. They’re behind you, they mock you, they try to bring you down. Internet is almost good to become like a mental health patient in like a clinic. I have to rant right now because I hate the internet. I hate all of social media. Social media is probably a curse and also a good thing. You can promote stuff for free, especially when speaking as a professional wrestler. I’m a free agent, I need to use that to make commercial, to get the word around. But in the end, it’s a place for everybody. I can open a second account and trash everything I’ve done right. I can hide behind social media, I can do something good but I can do the opposite of it. I can spread everything what I want to say, which comes up in a time of, I don’t know ‘I have to rant about something.’ Social media is a reason I think people are divided more and more"

Alexander Wolfe's take on Dream and social media

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/06/alexander-wolfe-comments-on-velveteen-dream-controversy/

So how many kids has Alexander Wolfe hosed

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How many you got?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Oh Snapple! posted:

Whose rereg is this

pretty gatekeeper attitude here imo

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine
alright, i know i got poo poo for my Tommy End takes, but was Dream ever, literally ever even 1/113th that good a heel that people would buy into it so much they'd try and ruin him? wtf was Wolfe watching to even slightly think that?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Imagine being this upset that people like a good wrestler.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I think he's just being brokenbrained and trying to find justification for someone he knows and likes and doesn't want to think is a nonce.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Coming at it from the most generous angle possible, he’s a black guy who was playing a queer-coded character which is like a pair of giant flashing signs to the kind of fuckheads who like to pile on and gently caress up someone’s life.

He probably did do it though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I never really saw the draw for End or Velveto.

I liked End because he acts like a dude that would ritualistically ruin your fuckin day if you disrespected him. But that's about it. I think I missed all his good matches in wXw because that promotion blows except for their big singles tournament.

Velevteen always seemed fake as gently caress. His IG post trying to explain his character(and defend getting kids to send him shirtless pics) confirmed my belief, that yes he's fake as gently caress.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
This is a job for Noncey Drew.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This is a job for Noncey Drew.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Nick Khan saw Braun getting slimed and that there was a guy on the roster named Aleister, and he decided, "You can't do that on television!"

Firing all those people despite record profits was the introduction to the opposite sketches.

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine
Zarian: ”I was told specifically to expect some more cuts in the coming weeks. They realize their roster is bloated. They’ve thrown ridiculous money at some people. There’s a restructuring going on.” - mat men podcast

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Wrestlers in catering: "What's with all this 'And the rest' crap?"

Wrestlers going to the performance center for the first time: "What kind of poo poo hole planet is this???!!???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They’re doing it in groups because they don’t have time to job everyone out all at once.