Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

How do you fail to move downriver in a raft, however many chickens it holds. Like one of the key operating principles of rivers is you always go downriver regardless of your thoughts on the matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
And there it was scrawled, on the side of the boat dock:
"You'll never leave Benson alive"

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

someone make a Cuds force logo that has a cow on it

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Toph Bei Fong posted:

That time Grimes and her (then) boyfriend tried to float down the Mississippi in a boat that didn't work, then camped with their boat tied to a tree for a while until the police impounded their chickens.

They never made it out of Minnesota.

https://www.startribune.com/this-boat-don-t-float/49134952/

remind me why goons used to like this awful lady

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

babypolis posted:

she looks attainable to greasy nerds

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

30.5 Days posted:

And there it was scrawled, on the side of the boat dock:
"You'll never leave Benson alive"

As I live and breathe, Marshall 30.5 Days. To what do we owe the privilege?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

she looks attainable to greasy nerds

Apparently she was

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

babypolis posted:

she put out a really good album before anyone asked about her opinions on things

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

more falafel please posted:

she put out a really good album before anyone asked about her opinions on things

yeah, Visions was legit and now it has been ruined for me. i'll probably never listen to it ever again. what a dipshit.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

that racist old british royal guy died and people pretended he wasn't a giant piece of poo poo, or found him endearing because he was a giant piece of poo poo

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
if the Bluths are the Bushes then George P is STEVE HOLT!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Eat This Glob posted:

that racist old british royal guy died and people pretended he wasn't a giant piece of poo poo, or found him endearing because he was a giant piece of poo poo

that is nowhere near specific enough

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

babypolis posted:

Going by her antics it sounds like she was into Goon projects.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

How do you fail to move downriver in a raft, however many chickens it holds. Like one of the key operating principles of rivers is you always go downriver regardless of your thoughts on the matter

I refuse to look into the matter but I could imagine if the area was rocky or you needed to make sure to keep to a specific channel then without an engine you'd just get caught on poo poo, I've seen it happen to river floaters

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

taqueso posted:

that is nowhere near specific enough

Eat This Glob posted:

that racist old rich guy died and people pretended he wasn't a giant piece of poo poo, or found him endearing because he was a giant piece of poo poo

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

This is only like a week ago but I'd still forgotten that the bipartisan bill to ratchet up a cold war with China is literally called the "Endless Frontier Act"

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

StashAugustine posted:

This is only like a week ago but I'd still forgotten that the bipartisan bill to ratchet up a cold war with China is literally called the "Endless Frontier Act"

lol

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Toph Bei Fong posted:

That time Grimes and her (then) boyfriend tried to float down the Mississippi in a boat that didn't work, then camped with their boat tied to a tree for a while until the police impounded their chickens.

They never made it out of Minnesota.

https://www.startribune.com/this-boat-don-t-float/49134952/

Holy poo poo that's incredibly dumb.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Congress people used to have town hall events in their districts where they let the public ask them questions, then they stopped having them because the public were too angry at them over trying to kill the ACA. Those are never coming back, are they?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/justinboldaji/status/1401197724142243847

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Thank goodness the funniest president in American history was replaced by... nothing

This is what we've lost. This is what has been taken from us.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it is foretold that Donald J Trump will return to us in our darkest hour and then proceed to destroy America in the most hilarious way possible. history will record our demise with a footnote simply stating "LMAO."

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Chuck Schumer was so desperate for any kind of evidence that centrism was popular that he created two imaginary friends to agree with him

newyorker posted:

Schumer says that he is accompanied everywhere he goes by two imaginary middle-class friends, who advise him on all manner of middle-class concerns. Their names, until recently, were Joe and Eileen O’Reilly. “For the book’s sake, we wanted them to be more national,” Schumer said, “so they became the Baileys.” The Baileys live in Massapequa, in Nassau County, a town that is invariably known on Long Island as “Matzoh-Pizza.” The Baileys are both forty-five years old: Joe works for an insurance company, Eileen is a part-time employee at a doctor’s office. They worry about terrorism, and about values, and they are patriots—“Joe takes off his cap and sings along with the national anthem before the occasional Islanders game,” Schumer wrote. He elaborated, “They’re not ideologues. They’re worried about property taxes. It’s the tax they hate. And that’s what Democrats don’t get.” He has also drafted the Baileys in defending the C.I.A.’s human-intelligence program: “Had Joe and Eileen been in the room after the hum-int screwup, they would not have indulged in the blame game, gutted the human-intelligence program, or weakened America.”

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
That quote about the failchildren and their stunning mediocrity strikes me as overly optimistic.
At this point, mediocrity would be un unassailable improvement.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Hamer City

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

A border patrol agent in Arizona released a video in which he drank water from a toilet sink tap to “dispel misinformation” about their detention facilities.

The video was in response to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's claims that women she spoke to told her they were forced to drink out of the toilet bowl.

A chief patrol agent officer called Roy Villareal took a video crew through the Tucson facility. Speaking in the video, he said: “My goal today is to dispel some of the misinformation that’s out there in regards to our detention facilitates.”

After showing people the supply room, which contained clothing for children and adults, and then a supply cart filled with snacks, diapers and disposable tooth brushes with toothpaste built in, he concludes by going to the toilet.

“Now let’s look at the biggest misinformation.”

“Aliens are not forced to drink out of a toilet. Aliens have options. Fresh water provided on a regular basis in a water cooler. There is also water provided in… this is a combination of a toilet sink, and a sink provides fresh water.”

He goes on to pour water from the toilet sink into a cup and taking a drink before declaring: “There is nothing wrong with this water. We’re not forcing aliens to drink out of the toilet."

The video was uploaded on social media, including Twitter by CBP Arizona, and Trump supporters in particular are praising it for “debunking” AOC.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
joy ann reid claiming putin hacked the internet archive to frame her, joy ann reid, whom nobody gives a poo poo about, making homophobic blog posts in the mid 2000s

this became the official narrative and was uncritically adopted and repeated by most mainstream news organizations, turning her into the victim of the situation rather than cementing her in public consciousness as the nasty juvenile homophobe she is

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Toilet sinks aren't uncommon in many parts of the world as a space saving measure. They're a regular feature in Japan, for example. They are also good for conserving water: https://www.buildwithrise.com/stories/toilet-tank-sink

I don't know if I'd drink from one, but for washing your hands and such?

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

I believe the water you wash your hands with goes into the toilet and not the other way around so it should be safe to drink
Otherwise you'd be washing hands with piss and poo poo water

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Doctor Jeep posted:

I believe the water you wash your hands with goes into the toilet and not the other way around so it should be safe to drink
Otherwise you'd be washing hands with piss and poo poo water

It does! And then when you flush it gets recycled into the sink. It's a perfect closed loop system, ultimate efficiency.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

paul_soccer12 posted:

joy ann reid claiming putin hacked the internet archive to frame her, joy ann reid, whom nobody gives a poo poo about, making homophobic blog posts in the mid 2000s

this became the official narrative and was uncritically adopted and repeated by most mainstream news organizations, turning her into the victim of the situation rather than cementing her in public consciousness as the nasty juvenile homophobe she is

incredible

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i woke up this morning with a massive cramp in my calf. as soon as i could stop grunting in pain, I thought of The Beto Tweet and wanted to die.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Eat This Glob posted:

i woke up this morning with a massive cramp in my calf. as soon as i could stop grunting in pain, I thought of The Beto Tweet and wanted to die.

In that sleep and in sleeps to follow Beto did visit. Who would come other? A great calf-cramping mutant, sweet and nerdy.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

:vince:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

chud cops arresting Stormy Daniels after letting them motorboat her at a strip club

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

zegermans posted:

chud cops arresting Stormy Daniels after letting them motorboat her at a strip club

that worked out ok for her in the end. charges were dropped and the cops who did it got hosed. lmao. she also took them for like half a mil in a settlement.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
stormy kicks rear end

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

paul_soccer12 posted:

stormy kicks rear end

typo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12