Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

sportsgenius86 posted:

They’re doing it in groups because they don’t have time to job everyone out all at once.

Why job them out when they can just run Cedric vs Shelton for the 19th week in a row?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

sportsgenius86 posted:

They’re doing it in groups because they don’t have time to job everyone out all at once.

they need time to start some more storylines that will make individual workers feel safe because they have something going on

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Chris James 2 posted:

Snitsky and Big Cass and Test had big boot finishers, the ultimate kick

RIP Test

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

my understanding is they're aren't doing it all at once because they haven't decided who goes. A lot of internal horse trading going on.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JUNGLE BOY posted:

they need time to start some more storylines that will make individual workers feel safe because they have something going on

Having a storyline didn't save Tommy End

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Rarity posted:

Having a storyline didn't save Tommy End

:thejoke:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
they can only release wrestlers during the full moon, or else the wrestlers won't be able to navigate towards the shoreline. also, many seagulls try to scoop up and eat the wrestlers as they are being released. they only have so many people available to fend off the seagulls.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I had this thought earlier today that having your employment and livelihood hanging in the balance with people building out potential kill sheets in public forums is pretty hosed up

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

SexMetalBarbie posted:

Zarian: ”I was told specifically to expect some more cuts in the coming weeks. They realize their roster is bloated. They’ve thrown ridiculous money at some people. There’s a restructuring going on.” - mat men podcast

Lance Storm outright said on his F4W show that he thought the main targets were going to be the guys who used AEW existing as leverage to get bigger deals over the 2 years. I wouldn't be surprised if they want to make an example of those people to try and teach everyone else that you shouldn't try and get a better deal if you have leverage because you might be punished for it later.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Hopefully they'll realize if you don't leverage yourself into a better deal you just as likely to get fired for some other random thing later anyways and keep doing it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

gently caress it soak rich people

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

njsykora posted:

Lance Storm outright said on his F4W show that he thought the main targets were going to be the guys who used AEW existing as leverage to get bigger deals over the 2 years. I wouldn't be surprised if they want to make an example of those people to try and teach everyone else that you shouldn't try and get a better deal if you have leverage because you might be punished for it later.

For sure this applies to Edge and Orton, neither of whom I see WWE releasing. Who else did that?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Ricochet renegotiating his contract so he can wrestle for free, guaranteed job security

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

njsykora posted:

On the other hand, Bully Ray said Vince once told him if someone had leverage over him and didn't use it, then they were a fool; so I think it's more that Vince is just an insane old man who makes business decisions based on nothing more than his whims, paranoid delusions, and/or racist views

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Just wanted to post this here because it gave me a lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

For sure this applies to Edge and Orton, neither of whom I see WWE releasing. Who else did that?

they revised Wellness Policy for Randy Orton so I think he has pictures of Vince killing people or some equal leverage.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Just wanted to post this here because it gave me a lol
aged like fine wine

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s still true, why do you think they’re trying so hard to drive them down

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It's still completely insane that "we've thrown ridiculous money at people" means "main eventer and former top champion braun strowman makes an unconscionable 'a little over a million dollars'" and they haven't already burnt the entire company to the ground from the inside

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he got little choochoo noises, why wouldn't he be a millionaire

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Orton almost certainly has a no-cut contract.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Orton almost certainly has a no-cut contract.

For sure. I just mean he was openly tagging AEW during his last renewal. That's maybe the most blatantly I've seen someone try to use AEW to get an increase.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Well, clearly there would have to be some names who are big enough to be safe no matter what, but hey, maybe we'll learn in a couple of days that ol' Randall Keith is out on his rear end and bound for TNA.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

For sure. I just mean he was openly tagging AEW during his last renewal. That's maybe the most blatantly I've seen someone try to use AEW to get an increase.

I was at a con that had bob orton doing meet and greets and he was telling everyone within earshot that Randy was going to AEW and the contract was all but done. A significant portion absolutely bought it.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Cerebral Bore posted:

Well, clearly there would have to be some names who are big enough to be safe no matter what, but hey, maybe we'll learn in a couple of days that ol' Randall Keith is out on his rear end and bound for TNA.

Observer reported that Braun failed to negotiate a no-cut clause in his contract that other top performers do have and I have to imagine Randy is one of those.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Right, Roman and Orton are the only main eventers they have left.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Observer reported that Braun failed to negotiate a no-cut clause in his contract that other top performers do have and I have to imagine Randy is one of those.

I know it's a tired joke and all, but how does it make sense to have a private contractor that you contractually can't fire?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Cerebral Bore posted:

I know it's a tired joke and all, but how does it make sense to have a private contractor that you contractually can't fire?

Maybe it works similar to how guaranteed contracts work in the NBA (or the top guys in WCW who sat out until expiration after WWE bought them for an a wrestling example)? You can still be cut from a team, but you get your guaranteed money regardless. If I were to actually guess I’m sure the “no-cut” clauses probably have exemptions for conduct, but protects you from “budget cuts.”

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I refuse to believe this Aliester fellow has ever actually kicked someone's head off

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
In WWE I think the technical term is a compromising to a permanent end of the cervical-cranial area via a lateral movement.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

It makes as much sense as having an IC who is contractually not allowed to work anywhere else, even unrelated industries.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mooseinfants posted:

I refuse to believe this Aliester fellow has ever actually kicked someone's head off

No, he only uses kick-like foot strikes.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

In WWE I think the technical term is a compromising to a permanent end of the cervical-cranial area via a lateral movement.

The cervical-cranial-like structure

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

No, he only uses kick-like foot strikes.

and does promos from inside box like structures to sports entertain the wwe universe!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Chris James 2 posted:

Snitsky and Big Cass and Test had big boot finishers, the ultimate kick

I looked up Snitsky because of this post and a cursory picture search did not yield a single picture of Gene with a MAGA hat or Blue Lives Matter shirt.

Gene Snitsky officially better than Lars Sullivan and even Braun.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Snitsky was in on the ground floor of this Instant Pot knockoff, aka the device that has single handedly fooled my family into thinking I'm a competent cook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhs3MzIbr-E

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine
WWE has hired two black female presenting (I don't know their actual pronouns) writers

https://twitter.com/MillyTamarez/status/1400822841755504642?s=20

https://twitter.com/kenicemobley/status/1400831145923723268?s=20

here's a comedy set by the second person listed
https://twitter.com/kenicemobley/status/1365371804194402306?s=20

SexMetalBarbie fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 4, 2021

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/realkeithlee/status/1400883708832403460?s=21

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

i respect your privacy beef keef

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That's cool but they're writers for the WWE so they'll get fired in a couple months. Probably multiple times when the person firing them doesn't get the reaction they want.