Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Time travelers deserves a bullet point imo

I've seen completely serious people say this, or interdimensional etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

have you guys read about the marine marksman who unloaded a bunch of 45 hollow points point blank into a priest who revealed himself as a shapeshifting lizard man and the priest was fine the next day and then got elected as a state congressman

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-0310-conspiracy-theories-shootings-20160310-story.html

A MIRACLE has issued a correction as of 02:04 on Jun 5, 2021

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

if it was a secret project they're not allowed to acknowledge exists they wouldn't say "oh yeah this is a classified technology," theyd act as if the thing they're not allowed to say exists didn't exist

that was my thought exactly. them saying it's not doesn't mean it isn't.

my personal hope is that humans have been mistaken about being the most advanced species on earth and in actuality it's like, some radically advanced bee colony style thing with drones that monitor everything on the planet and the brain is buried in the mantle of the planet or some poo poo like that.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The Protagonist posted:

"-Cool" is doing a lot of work here

A ridiculous amount, the plasma thing really only fits faraway sightings

e plasma balls are still cool and I still like them

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Shear Modulus posted:

GPS was a secret military technology whose earlier forms date back to the 60s and was totally secret until the reagan admin made it available for civilian use because industry wanted to use it.

Radar was developed from the 30s and only made publicly availble after the war.

Thanks! I will look more into the history of both technologies. I knew about the secrecy around radar arrays in WWII, didn't know GPS was similarly classified.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Spergin Morlock posted:

the brain is buried in the mantle of the planet or some poo poo like that.

bloop

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I would definitely trust targeting sensors over my own eyes when it comes to judging how far away something is, even if both can be confused. Plus, it's very easy to convince yourself that you are in fact seeing what your equipment tells you you're seeing--it's just a split-second thing that requires zero conscious thought. I know it's not sexy in the least, but it's most likely the case.

If we're talking about the same case, multiple people in planes and on ships saw the same thing in the same place via multiple detection methods. If we aren't and it was just one guy I don't disagree necessarily.

Re ATFLIR it sounds like it might use laser designation to establish some kinds of lock, but I'm just basing that off of the raytheon page https://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/atflir

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Elizondo apparently dropped some FOIA doc from the airforce in the 50s on Tucker Carlson of all loving places
Can't find snaps of it anywhere so apologies for invoking this fucker
https://twitter.com/PostDisclosure/status/1400983577706307587?s=20

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Can we please get a tweet from Neil deGrasse Tyson to shut all these conspiracy brained nerds down?

Yeah we need a SCIENCE explanation

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

A MIRACLE posted:

have you guys read about the marine marksman who unloaded a bunch of 45 hollow points point blank into a priest who revealed himself as a shapeshifting lizard man and the priest was fine the next day and then got elected as a state congressman

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-0310-conspiracy-theories-shootings-20160310-story.html

i did a series of paintings based on this its got it all a real modern american fable

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

If the Tictacs are 70+ years old, I really don't know how any of the more "rational" explanations apply.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Nichael posted:

If the Tictacs are 70+ years old, I really don't know how any of the more "rational" explanations apply.

they don't op, pretty ez

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

(its elusive companions)

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
So I have heard that there are higher-quality, full color iphone camera-esque videos of at least one of the objects. If the Pentagon is going full “we don’t know what these are help us figure it out” mode, then what is stopping them from releasing those? Just concern about panic among the public?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

if it's china why haven't they anti-gravity'd a rock the size of manhattan at us by now and called it a day

they already did, now the survivors are in a simulation as they finish their lives at the adrenochrome farm :smugdon:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

So I have heard that there are higher-quality, full color iphone camera-esque videos of at least one of the objects. If the Pentagon is going full “we don’t know what these are help us figure it out” mode, then what is stopping them from releasing those? Just concern about panic among the public?

Given that they seem to be laundering news drops through Tucker loving Carlson I have no idea what's going on anymore

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Elizondo apparently dropped some FOIA doc from the airforce in the 50s on Tucker Carlson of all loving places
Can't find snaps of it anywhere so apologies for invoking this fucker
https://twitter.com/PostDisclosure/status/1400983577706307587?s=20

im not watching that, what's the doc say

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
i wish there were more left wing cranks to listen to about ufos and not fash cranks, very not fun

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

my bony fealty posted:

apparently the tic tac style ufo was first "tracked" at least 70 years ago

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

It's allegedly official correspondence between Air Force officials about "tic tac" UFOs from the 50s

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

my bony fealty posted:

Not it

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

im taking one for the team. ill report back when i finish :(

Zisky
May 6, 2003

It's allegedly official correspondence between Air Force officials about "tic tac" UFOs from the 50s

Yep I want to believe

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Could be a whole lot of reasons, anything from not wanting foreign nations to know how good our camera tech is to it giving up the game too early. Or the last thing you said.

Given that they seem to be laundering news drops through Tucker loving Carlson I have no idea what's going on anymore

From what I've heard theres a rift in the community and some parts are distancing themselves from Elizondo, potentially because hes doing things like this.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i did a series of paintings based on this its got it all a real modern american fable

the manifesto is uhh kinda creepoid stuff

I saw it on the conspiracy Reddit’s because there were Sumerian lizard man statues discovered that matches his drawing exactly, it’s uncanny. ok I mean I know it’s probably schizophrenia but I’m posting in the alien thread so just go with it https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiraci...utm_name=iossmf please ignore the racist 4chan stuff at the end

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

lol

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

aliens putting trump back in the White House because he was the first president to show complete disinterest upon being told of their existence would be pretty funny

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Best I can do with it

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

apparently he's also going on don lemon tonight?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bullfrog posted:

im taking one for the team. ill report back when i finish :(

I watched it but I'm not going to tell any of you what was said

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
the US Navy admits the government doesn’t have control over American airspace

they follow that admission up with a suggestion that Russia or China has leapfrogged our aerospace technology by decades or centuries, and that they had this technology since at least the mid 2000s. so it was in development since at least the 1990s.

now consider where Russia and China were, geostrategically in the 1990s. the Chinese J-20 fighter aircraft was recently unveiled as a triumph of Chinese engineering and it is definitely not ahead of US technology by centuries.

But I’m sure the people who designed these sensors, operate fleets of them in life and death situations all over the world all the time, just got confused (and so did the eyewitnesses, radar operators, etc.)

events like the 2004 Nimitz sighting or even the 76 Tehran sighting strongly suggest that there are physical flying objects that totally exceed the capability of any known organization and which fly around in our atmosphere in a manner not consistent with the laws of physics known to us.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

I like that they've been calling them UAPs since back then apparently.

Dogthing
May 30, 2003

or is it.... just a dog??
Grimey Drawer

His show is the most-watched major network television program in the nation, isn't it? kinda makes sense to just get on there if you want to blast an idea into as many peoples' heads as possible

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

the US Navy admits the government doesn’t have control over American airspace

they follow that admission up with a suggestion that Russia or China has leapfrogged our aerospace technology by decades or centuries, and that they had this technology since at least the mid 2000s. so it was in development since at least the 1990s.

now consider where Russia and China were, geostrategically in the 1990s. the Chinese J-20 fighter aircraft was recently unveiled as a triumph of Chinese engineering and it is definitely not ahead of US technology by centuries.

But I’m sure the people who designed these sensors, operate fleets of them in life and death situations all over the world all the time, just got confused (and so did the eyewitnesses, radar operators, etc.)

events like the 2004 Nimitz sighting or even the 76 Tehran sighting strongly suggest that there are physical flying objects that totally exceed the capability of any known organization and which fly around in our atmosphere in a manner not consistent with the laws of physics known to us.

How about 1561 in Nuremberg and 1566 in Basel Switzerland

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

pancake rabbit posted:

sure but spoofing FLIR and actual visual contact at the same time seems a bit harder!

yeah

i'm pretty sure the chinese don't have drones that can pull 600gs like some of these UFOs have been doing lol. It seems pretty unlikely that anyone could keep technology that advanced a secret for decades and decades on end and not try to capitalize on it in some way, or have it be leaked or stolen or something.

And i'm not sure what the point of a massive decades long UFO psyop would be, when the US military/government already has basically unlimited money and power, and said psyop would only serve to broadcast to the world that we loving suck and can't protect our own airspace.

When it comes to incidents where objects are seen by eye and camera doing maneuvers that seem to defy our understanding of physics (though Luis Elizondo claims they possibly match up with some quantum physics theories), and are also seen by multiple radars dropping from 80,000 feet to sea level in a matter of seconds, then the chances of it being insane unknown poo poo, go way up, if those objects were indeed actually there. Aliens or hypersquid or some weird interdimensional ball lighting or time travelling orbmen? Or some dude figured out how to access the infinite energy dimension by supercharging his crystals or something lol who knows

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Best I can do with it

Not a single redaction to be seen lmao getting Very Real vibes from this

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

What if people knew that these were real, I'd leave my closet door open all night. I know the CIA would say "What you hear is all hearsay". I wish someone would tell me what was right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f_JlYoFnx8

👽

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Dogthing posted:

His show is the most-watched major network television program in the nation, isn't it? kinda makes sense to just get on there if you want to blast an idea into as many peoples' heads as possible

That's a good point.
If you're trying to acclimate the boomers...
at the same time though, if you're trying to court them...

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Someone out there might actually have the true story but I would not place my bet on the guy that for all intents and purposes appears to be grifting big one last time in case something actually does come out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Lemon comes on in 15 minutes if someone wants to check it out for Elizondo.