Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

probably did but they wouldn't know how to use it
My dad didn't remember the precise motion when I asked him how to use it, but he came close enough that I got the idea and now I use it rather than the gross piece of poo poo hand-crank one at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

mycomancy posted:

Lol, just lmao if you don't have 20 pounds of dried beans and dried rice per person in your basement after these last two years.

loot box for mice

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

OhFunny posted:

He's reading and stealing my posts :mad:

When do we get to the part where tanks shell washington until we implement communism

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/jakeadelstein/status/1398895288085925895

quote:

Hudgins believes a lasting solution will come from the market, not regulation; and that this approach benefits companies by being cost-effective. “The firm needs to look at those workers as assets that they want to protect,” he says. “In a sense, it [karoshi] is easy to fix. This is absolutely, completely avoidable.”

lmao yeah for sure dude, companies definitely see workers as assets that need to be protected and not resources to wring every last drop of value out of and then discard.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

We just need to undo 40 years of workers being viewed as replaceable cogs which is a symptom of shorttermism stock price chasing. Can’t be that hard!

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

employees were just another inventory to reduce, whoops

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BigPaddy posted:

We just need to undo 40 years of workers being viewed as replaceable cogs which is a symptom of shorttermism stock price chasing. Can’t be that hard!

no we need to undo 200 years of listening to the guy in the silk suit and top hat about who owns what

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8cMuVrQQ6dA

lol. The Bitcoin conference today was hilarious

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Bar Ran Dun posted:

employees were just another inventory to reduce, whoops

JIT labor

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

PawParole posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8cMuVrQQ6dA

lol. The Bitcoin conference today was hilarious

:shepicide:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/dnvolz/status/1400466308924325890?s=19

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1400807047277387779?s=19

https://twitter.com/greg_ip/status/1400091463950782467?s=19

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

extremely this

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joe Biden has surpassed Reagan and Trump

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

turgid number wows experts.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol economists are such craven liars

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm in awe of this level of blatant lying. Just an incredible lack of shame.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I've looked at the fundamentals and they are poo poo. Luckily that is good.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
for some reason a year of boondoggles, death, and economic shutdowns has resulted in better economic outcomes than just running the economy normally. this is a sign that our methodology is sound and there are fantastic things to come

-an economist

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
news: china's GDP has been skyrocketing
this thread: haha china is gonna gently caress up the US, say goodbye to US hegemony lol

news: the US economy is recovering much faster than anticipated
this thread: loving economists are such craven liars

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

China can't even build elevators, they're not doing much but sounding more and more like Juche everyday.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

V-shaped recovery back on the menu boys!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I post the charts and surveys published every month and if you look at them it shows a pattern of slowing down from a short business burst, a "transitory" increase of prices that is starting to trickle down to consumers, hiring starting to slow, manufacturing and service orders while still in "expansion" are slowing, and income is starting to drip if you remove the top percentile of us citizens and government help.

We will have record GDP growth still.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

this thread: haha china is gonna gently caress up the US, say goodbye to US hegemony lol

Both are lying, but china is in a much better position than the US. The economy is actually recovering slower than expected too fyi.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

where’s the lie

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

China can't even build elevators, they're not doing much but sounding more and more like Juche everyday.

I have bad news for you about where key technology you're using to write this is manufactured, lmao.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

I have bad news for you about where the key technology you're using to write this is manufactured, lmao.

Fame, it was a joke post.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Makes sense

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

i dont believe anything i read in the news and especially not if the source is an economist

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Also, the growth that has been occurring has been largely in part because of massive economic stimulus. 25 states are already on the verge of pulling unemployment which is going to cause drop in total personal income even if unemployment starts to improve (i.e now people are desperate again).

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 22:23 on Jun 5, 2021

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the stock market has doubled in value since 2016. does its feel to you like america is twice as valuable as it was 5 years ago?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Rutibex posted:

the stock market has doubled in value since 2016. does its feel to you like america is twice as valuable as it was 5 years ago?

Nobody said that all of America would be twice as valuable. Just means some parts of America have to be more than twice as valuable to make up for all the underachievers.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Centrist Committee posted:

where’s the lie

Lmao this. There's a huge disconnect between what's being reported and what's actually going on in the real world.

A friend of mine just got rejected from an office job where she'd be primarily working with patients for being too nice.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Rutibex posted:

stocks have stagnated under the do nothing dems, we need trump back to inspire confidence

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

go back to dnd

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

“the Bourgeois principle is the dissolution of all conditions relating to origin, they are to be mastered and reassembled to serve the aim of thought and action. Goals instead of being, tools instead of intrinsic values. It is objectification and analysis. To objectify is to wholly condition and to remove all relationships to origins. To objectify and subjugate everything by the reduction of all things to systems.”

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Rutibex posted:

yeah we have dogecoins now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Much like how in sports people get sidetracked by stats and take the stats simulacrum as real I think that is a metaphor for the stocks market and the economy

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

scary ghost dog posted:

i dont believe anything i read in the news and especially not if the source is an economist

i cant recall a single lie ever told by an economist, but that is mostly due to the electroshock treatments and beer

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

That dashed line looks pretty good. Guess that means I should buy more DOGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Thank you Donald trump