Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
TWoM Stories is a separate version, sold for like half the price of the full game

Company of Heroes has a pretty solid Android port if you're into RTS games. Also while some of them are overpriced, the Final Fantasy ports are all good (except 9, it crashes during the opening play fight on some versions and they never bothered to fix it) They don't tutorialize any of it, but FF Tactics had a whole mobile friendly swipe interface too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
We have some spaces to fill in the goon guild in shop titans if anyone wants to join in (or return to) the grind!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Alright alright don't pull my leg.

Edit: Goonswarm?

Edit 2: I think I'm in the wrong clan. explosivo#53560 if you need to send an invite

explosivo fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 19, 2021

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Yeah goonswarm is the pubbie one... We are goonswarm+

Post (or pm me) your game id and we will boot one of the idle players and get you an invite

Edit; looks like I can't boot people, but I've dropped your ID in the chat + discord so till definitely get and invite in the next 12hr

norp fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 19, 2021

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

explosivo posted:

Alright alright don't pull my leg.

Edit: Goonswarm?

Edit 2: I think I'm in the wrong clan. explosivo#53560 if you need to send an invite

Just sent out an invite! You should see it in your notifications tab in game (I think?)

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
Is there room for one more in this Shop Titans thing? I'm on it as Krakatoah#47578.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I'll make sure they guys know you are waiting

We have another spot to fill but we need to make sure we don't delevel town hall first.
Once that is ready we will get you an invite

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Krakatoah posted:

Is there room for one more in this Shop Titans thing? I'm on it as Krakatoah#47578.

Invite sent!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So, after seeing a ton of ads for Mistplay, I looked it up, and it's apparently legitimate. This isn't notable, except that one of the (many F2P) games is one called Best Fiends, which uses the same mechanics as thread-favourite Dungeon Raid.

Man, I missed drawing lines over stuff to match them :allears:

And if playing it for 3 hours gets me $5 in Amazon bux, :shrug:

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, after seeing a ton of ads for Mistplay, I looked it up, and it's apparently legitimate. This isn't notable, except that one of the (many F2P) games is one called Best Fiends, which uses the same mechanics as thread-favourite Dungeon Raid.

Man, I missed drawing lines over stuff to match them :allears:

And if playing it for 3 hours gets me $5 in Amazon bux, :shrug:

Hmm I was interested enough to install it, but I'm not seeing best fiends available now? I did search for it, not just look through the "library" they present you.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Giving Shop Titans a try, Salt#34608 if any guild spots open up.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
For that 'Dungeon Raid' feel, Troll Patrol seems to be a good match.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Kim Jaym Il posted:

Giving Shop Titans a try, Salt#34608 if any guild spots open up.

No slots right now, we like to let people get to a full week without a login before kicking them.
There are a couple of people that haven't logged in since ~thurs so we might have a slot coming up in a few days

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

norp posted:

No slots right now, we like to let people get to a full week without a login before kicking them.
There are a couple of people that haven't logged in since ~thurs so we might have a slot coming up in a few days

No worries, I'll couch surf in some pubbie guilds in the meantime.

I know investments and such carry over when you change guilds, is there anything that doesn't carry over that I should be holding off on?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I know why they have player caps in the towns, but it does make it harder to want to come back to when you're like me and tend to gain and lose interest in games like Shop Titans here and there.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Kim Jaym Il posted:

I know investments and such carry over when you change guilds, is there anything that doesn't carry over that I should be holding off on?

Not really. the only thing that helps the guild is building invests and earning renown, buildings come with you and renown is still worth earning to get yourself tokens

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I've had this game on my phone for a long time now, but the maker lost the license and i'm looking for a replacement. It's a chain matching type game, building up resources. Every search I make trying to find something similar just gives me a match 3 style game and I'm not here for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP8ZvQmwGBU&t=279s

If you have any suggestions, i'm all ears.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Troll Patrol might scratch a similar itch, maybe? it's a chain-match/resouce-building game with light rpg elements

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Yeah that wargames thing is a copy of Dungeon Raid, which Troll Patrol is a copy of lol

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

someone awful. posted:

Troll Patrol might scratch a similar itch, maybe? it's a chain-match/resouce-building game with light rpg elements

Yea, this seems pretty close. Thank you.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Ive been playing this Rimworld like called Going Deeper thats pretty neat and only $5bux or so, pretty good so far.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
New Dicast patch is out.

quote:

3.8.0 PATCH NOTE

[SYSTEM]
- NEW RANDOM PLAY MODE. Enter battle with randomly selected Hero and Base
- Now get up to 500 Gold if you win the battle and up to 100 Golds if you lose.

- NEW EVENT MODE [WANTED]
- Defeat the Villains in the Dicast battlefield and get up to 55,000 Gold and 3,000 Gems!
- Event Duration: June 1st ~ June 21st

[BASE]
- New Base [TESLA COIL] is now available in the battle.
[SPARK] Deals damage to opponent within 2 blocks front and back of the Base and gives electric shock for 1 turn. Opponent in shock will be stunned for 1 turn if attacked instead of getting damage. Already stunned opponent will not be electrocuted.

[HERO]
- MIRAI
[SHURIKEN] Shuriken receive turns 3/3/2 ⇒ 4/3/2 Turn, 2/3/6 damage ⇒ 50% of AP damage
[SHADOW HIDE] Stealth mode available blocks 2/3/6 ⇒ 3/4/6, Removes debuff 0%/50%/100% ⇒ 0%/30%/80% chance and firewall, ice road are included in the removal.

* Below Hero adjustments are applied after Season 5 ends.

- CAROLINE
[PIRATESHIP SHELLING] Additional cannon Gold difference 20 ⇒ 10 Gold. 5 Gold is consumed per each cannon.

- VLOOT
[BLOOKSUCK] Heals HP 40%/60%/100%
[BLOOD CURSE] Turn decreased to 1/2/3, gives 25%/50%/100% damage of opponent's heal. [BAT CONTRACT] evasion increase rate is fixed at 100%
[CARD]
- [QUICK SHOWDOWN] Special Combo card changed to Special Normal card
- Now if Special Combo cards are used, it will not be drawn again when deck is shuffled.

[BATTLE]
Turn waiting time is decreased for Master League and over.

[SHOP]
- New Ultimate Hero Skin: [BLOOD COMMANDER VLOOT], [OUTLAW SCARLET], [CHERRY BLOSSOM MIRAI]
- New Emoji Sets: [CHERRY BLOSSOM GIRL], [MIMI THE CAT]
** MIMI THE CAT by Soymatcha
If there are players who are interested in sending artworks please do so!

- New Dice Skin: [HELLFIRE], [ORIGIN], [GOLD], [HEART]
- Royal Chest price decrease from 500 Gems to 200 Gems.

[BUG FIXES & IMPROVEMENT]
- Protection of Dragon will now protect the Victory key of 1/3 charge
- Game freezing when used [SHADOW MOVEMENT] 1 block behind opponent issue fixed

The new Random Play Mode is great. It picks a random hero and base for you, but you get +50% RP for a win and -75% RP for a loss. Since I've basically been picking random heroes anyway, this is perfect for me.

Since there are only a few of us still playing in the guild, it's probably time to disband it. It's not like there's any social interaction in the game anyway. We don't have enough people to complete the guild missions, so it probably makes sense for everybody to just join the biggest guild you can.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
If there's space in a Goon Guild for Shop Titans, my code is Konsek#82402

Also, I've seen a few people playing idle games that involve a lot of actual playing and tapping, is there something that's more like upgrading poo poo and leaving it for a while, you know, actually being idle?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Konsek posted:

Also, I've seen a few people playing idle games that involve a lot of actual playing and tapping, is there something that's more like upgrading poo poo and leaving it for a while, you know, actually being idle?

I picked up idling to rule the gods after someone mentioned it in here, and it's kept my attention more than any other idle game. You can put as much time into it as you want. Leave it running for a day, or pick it up every hour.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Konsek posted:

I kinda like kittens game, no graphics though.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Konsek posted:

We have an inactive person that we're working on being able to replace, I'll give you a heads up if something becomes available if you're still interested. There's nothing that doesn't transfer over if you keep playing in another guild in the meantime except for perks points you gather for their guild when you complete bounties

edit: oh i missed the other person that had posted earlier, so it might take a while longer for a slot to open up for you. Bright side is that you don't miss out on very much by running in a pubbie guild compared to ours if you decide to keep on playing.

staplegun fucked around with this message at 11:11 on May 30, 2021

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

staplegun posted:

We have an inactive person that we're working on being able to replace, I'll give you a heads up if something becomes available if you're still interested. There's nothing that doesn't transfer over if you keep playing in another guild in the meantime except for perks points you gather for their guild when you complete bounties

edit: oh i missed the other person that had posted earlier, so it might take a while longer for a slot to open up for you. Bright side is that you don't miss out on very much by running in a pubbie guild compared to ours if you decide to keep on playing.

If the other person is me, I've accepted that I'm probably going to lose interest a month or so in like I did when I played Shop Heroes and am pulling the plug on myself early, so ignore me.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Kim Jaym Il posted:

If the other person is me, I've accepted that I'm probably going to lose interest a month or so in like I did when I played Shop Heroes and am pulling the plug on myself early, so ignore me.

Thanks for the heads up!

Went and sent off an invite to Konsek#82402

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Thanks, I've accepted!

Skwid
Aug 20, 2011

I got tired of being a loser so I spent money to not be a loser anymore.
Anybody remember a game about having a space battleship and it was all about timing torpedo volleys and types of torpedoes and timing rolling your ship to put up shields? I can't find it anywhere and I can't even remember the name of it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I know exactly what you're talking about I went through my entire library through years and years of Android games and can't loving find it. I can see it in my head some kind of pixel Star Trek nonsense.

Edit: STAR COMMAND! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.starcommand.scgame

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Yeah, a friend of mine said it was JUST like FTL, but on Android.

Friends, it is not. I can't remember exactly how it played but it wasn't FTL, that's for sure.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

If I could play FTL on my phone I'd probably never put it down.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Same. That or Into the Breach.

C'mon Subset..... :negative: it's like they don't put them out so that worldwide productivity won't collapse.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Any good idlers out currently? On vacation and could use a mindless game to play in downtime.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Skwid posted:

Anybody remember a game about having a space battleship and it was all about timing torpedo volleys and types of torpedoes and timing rolling your ship to put up shields? I can't find it anywhere and I can't even remember the name of it.

If it's not the other one listed, there was also https://honorverse.fandom.com/wiki/Tales_of_Honor:_The_Secret_Fleet particularly about rolling the ship as shown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60eqxUFvSeo&t=16s

Skwid
Aug 20, 2011

I got tired of being a loser so I spent money to not be a loser anymore.

Hughlander posted:

If it's not the other one listed, there was also https://honorverse.fandom.com/wiki/Tales_of_Honor:_The_Secret_Fleet particularly about rolling the ship as shown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60eqxUFvSeo&t=16s

This is it! And it does not appear to be available on the play store any more...

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

No one tell Fitzy there's an iOS version.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

No one tell Fitzy there's an iOS version.

Isn't that iPad only? Or did they update it finally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Len posted:

Isn't that iPad only? Or did they update it finally

Oops, you're right. But it doesn't seem like there an Android version for tablets or phones.

E: then again if it's iOS compatible it should be possible to spoof the model type to get it installed on an iPhone, unless there are fundamental compatibility differences between the two. probably the wrong thread for that.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 6, 2021