Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
All the actual strip clubs I know around here that aren't fronts shut down due to COVID. I can honestly not see anyone opening up a new strip club in 2021, between the lingering effects of COVID and lockdowns and the general skeeviness of such establishments. I've only ever been in a couple and none of them particularly seemed like sex-positive places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Samovar posted:

Those are some lips you got there, Ramud.

Ramud had to take time off his career as a male model to seek vengeance

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.
maybe he thinks that because onlyfans exploded in popularity during the pandemic, all other forms of sex work have? which is stupid and obviously wrong but what do you expect from Batuik.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Cruel Little Stories

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

sweetguts posted:

maybe he thinks that because onlyfans exploded in popularity during the pandemic, all other forms of sex work have? which is stupid and obviously wrong but what do you expect from Batuik.

What's the over/under on how much he's putting into OnlyFans for cosplayers willing to dress as Silver Age comic characters he thinks only he remembers?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell in: a revelation and a reunion (October 1-7, 2001)

And here we go, updating this thing again. Just let me nudge the Canids a bit off to the right...

There. (Click for bigger version.) Yes, Corrie's mum's name is technically a spoiler, but it has zero bearing on anything.

And yes, this does make Corrie the oldest known predatory-prey hybrid in the K&K 'verse. Congrats, Corrie! :toot:

Modern Kevin & Kell

Mikl fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jun 6, 2021

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

EasyEW posted:

Today's comic strip score: the IDW vintage Blondie strips the library book sale for a buck a book (and in related good news, we're back to having book sales at the library now).

Whoa, the early thirties era? Were you thinking of scanning and posting them?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Goddamn lazy entitled boomers, not understanding the value of good, hard work and working efficiently. You'll never get ahead in the labour market with that attitude, Ed!

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin returns tomorrow, with Vol 5, and Moominwinter.

So uh, where does the line go on spoilering penis-adjacent things? :v:
Lunch

TN for strip 2: The strip itself is filled with english loanwords, basically every single buzzword is just straight english without any change. Which adds to the nonsense-buzzword-soup aspect.
Thorsen (The manager) uses 'Svada' instead of nonsense, which is a term for 'fanciful speech without any substance' aka buzzword flinging. Nonsense seemed the most apt.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bobbins

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! (June 15, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (August 1, 1918)

Banana Oil! (April 16, 1924)

Gay and Her Gang (July 22, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (December 23, 1935)

Mopsy (February 20, 1937)

Dark Laughter (February 9, 1946)

Those Were the Days (August 27, 1953)

Dinky Fellas (September 15, 1965)

Wee Pals (September 10, 1965)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 6/5/01

Brenda Starr 8/12-14/46

Smokey Stover 7/20/41

Richard's Poor Almanac

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days (August 27, 1953)

art berman was a simp for the fed

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

I'm seein' double! Eight Sluggos!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "77 - Jucika Substitutes Her Boss"

"Jucika's Hunting Trophy"

Boss Lady avatar free to good home.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set

Working Daze

Imagine the hackerly level needed to make a "I just saw Elvis!" joke in 2021.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I stumbled across this the other day:

Someone here was posting those strips a while back. Anyway, I thought it was cute, since we had been reliving those strips.
You just don't really think about where words came from. To an average person, words have always been there.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

If the newer Peanuts strips were all Peppermint Patty focused it'd be remembered as a genuinely funny strip.

Honestly Peppermint Patty should have just been the main character, she's generally more interesting/funny than the rest of the cast in my opinion.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Lmao, is that ostrich on her hat smoking?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popular Comics

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä (August 21, 1993)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

FATHER I CANNOT CLICK COMIC

Cul De Sac

You know, looking at the Sunday Cul De Sac, I can't help but think that if that was the plot of a Foob then Mrs. Otterloop would be angry at the idea of Petey wanting to avoid bugs or Alice complaining about grass clippings in her food. They're ruining the first cookout of the summer!!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Nope. Not about bees.

Mary Worth

My Dad made a "Dad Joke"!

The Phantom

*For the Ghost Who Keeps the Audience in Suspense!

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Another middle-aged guy and his father. I think Beatty might be working through some stuff.

Andertoons

Flash Gordon

Flash Forward

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Jucika: Hórní Pôlìcè

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Deathless Deer 5/20-22/46

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Comic Strips 2021: *ketchup

2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

The Lockhorns

Footrot Flats

No Mandrake or Johnny Hazard on Sundays.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Haifisch posted:

Footrot Flats

And this is why there are thousands of direwolf skeletons in the La Brea Tar Pits. :eng101:

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Selachian posted:

Deathless Deer 5/20-22/46

What is Horus' relationship to Deer at this point? Is he just the recurring wacky neighbor who gets wild applause from the live studio audience?

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Classic Zits

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Cul De Sac
You know, looking at the Sunday Cul De Sac, I can't help but think that if that was the plot of a Foob then Mrs. Otterloop would be angry at the idea of Petey wanting to avoid bugs or Alice complaining about grass clippings in her food. They're ruining the first cookout of the summer!!

snapshot from a darker timeline

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 6, 2021

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
You wield powerful curses.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

There's also one where Suzie is the President and Calvin is the First Husband

What?

I've never seen this strip! I have the giant collection book and don't remember this one at all!

I love how Watterson not only copies the style but the characters are so expressive.

B Kliban

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

No Rae the Doe on weekends!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Lynn "I am incapable of being vaguely aware of the world around me and what my children are actually doing and it's all their fault" Johnston

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

Lynn "I am incapable of being vaguely aware of the world around me and what my children are actually doing and it's all their fault" Johnston
How did she manage to not hear a bowl of dry dog food being emptied upside down? :psyduck:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kazinsal posted:

Poil posted:

How did she manage to not hear a bowl of dry dog food being emptied upside down? :psyduck:

I don't think the strip is meant to imply that she was unaware of all of that, but that she chose to let the kid make a mess that she'd deal with later rather than keep interrupting the cooking and ruin the meal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I really don't understand the point of these "Flash Forward" strips.

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis