Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Pylons posted:

What the hell does that have to do with hot dogs?
Ultimate Warrior is a hot dog I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

What the hell does that have to do with hot dogs?

I could say misquote but instead I will go with I was really impressed by the truth of that statement and wish to back it up. Or warrior was a hot dog topped with narcissism, homophobia and a dash of racist relish and that ain’t a good dog.

Edit: aww son of a....

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It’s that D O double G the hot dogg

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
We talking hot dogs in here

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

skaboomizzy posted:

We talking hot dogs in here

No pops in the WWE

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/OTD_in_WWE/status/1401563409540337667

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I came across this earlier today and was absolutely befuddled why anyone would be like, yes, that’s how we need to congratulate the person who won our reality show and earned a contract.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

but he sold it :confused:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

blunt posted:

but he sold it :confused:

There's probably some backstage number that the old guys made up that you have to count to before you can get up and he violated it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If three members of the McMahon family could play dead for at least 5 minutes of a twenty minute segment that was just them coming out to yell at and be stunnered by Austin, "rookie that just won a contract" could have stayed still longer than 9 seconds

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Seth Rollins really tanked himself he had some problematic poo poo but no one really called him out on it, his downfall was his own Twitter doing

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

If three members of the McMahon family could play dead for at least 5 minutes of a twenty minute segment that was just them coming out to yell at and be stunnered by Austin, "rookie that just won a contract" could have stayed still longer than 9 seconds

I don't disagree with you but after that initial sell he rolled out of the ring all hosed up, took a knee for a bit and had to lean up against a barrier after that

Also ultimately who cares because he would have gotten released for something else stupid anyway

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Didn't a lot of the people backstage loving despise the Tough Enough participants cause they "didn't earn it" or whatever? It makes sense that feeling translates all the way to the "Aight we fulfilled our contractual obligation to MTV by filming a season of this show, now it's time to ritualistically bury you for your debut" finales.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Drakkel posted:

Didn't a lot of the people backstage loving despise the Tough Enough participants cause they "didn't earn it" or whatever? It makes sense that feeling translates all the way to the "Aight we fulfilled our contractual obligation to MTV by filming a season of this show, now it's time to ritualistically bury you for your debut" finales.
That was true of every Tough Enough, Diva Search, and NXT post-ECW season even without MTV. It's still true today, it just stopped coming from other wrestlers and is now exclusively management.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
No one from though enough ever lived up to the glory of Maven anyways.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

welcome to the wwe, here's some abuse. They did that poo poo as a warning.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Raven?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

does anyone think about shelton benjamin's first solo theme from around when he beat triple h by luck and they thought that was giving him a massive push. well i think about it a lot. it has everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSOado_RdSo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbXVNKtmWnc&t=274s

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

fallin1 posted:

No one from though enough ever lived up to the glory of Maven anyways.

I legitimately popped with Maven's Royal Rumble stuff.

It was awesome that he eliminated the Undertaker, but it was even more awesome that he got his arse handed to him, (including being thrown into popcorn if I remember), for it.

And if I may be allowed to be pretentious for a second: It also did a whole bunch story wise. It showed that "anyone" has a chance in the Royal Rumble, and that if you worked hard and get lucky you too could throw out someone like the Undertaker. Thus it gets Maven over. But also, it showed that the Undertaker is a tough badarse that doesn't take kindly to being shown up by the young upstarts. And that you have to pay your dues in the WWE. Thus Undertaker stays over. And we, as an audience are excited to see what this new young wrestler, (who has already had a memorable moment), will do next. All in all, it was cool.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

BrigadierSensible posted:

I legitimately popped with Maven's Royal Rumble stuff.

It was awesome that he eliminated the Undertaker, but it was even more awesome that he got his arse handed to him, (including being thrown into popcorn if I remember), for it.

And if I may be allowed to be pretentious for a second: It also did a whole bunch story wise. It showed that "anyone" has a chance in the Royal Rumble, and that if you worked hard and get lucky you too could throw out someone like the Undertaker. Thus it gets Maven over. But also, it showed that the Undertaker is a tough badarse that doesn't take kindly to being shown up by the young upstarts. And that you have to pay your dues in the WWE. Thus Undertaker stays over. And we, as an audience are excited to see what this new young wrestler, (who has already had a memorable moment), will do next. All in all, it was cool.

The change of his expression from "gently caress yeah" to "oh poo poo what have I done" was amazing.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Lol

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

BrigadierSensible posted:

And that you have to pay your dues in the WWE. Thus Undertaker stays over. And we, as an audience are excited to see what this new young wrestler, (who has already had a memorable moment), will do next. All in all, it was cool.

I mean considering where Maven's career went I don't really think they had any intention of getting him over, but that's pretty much par for the course in WWE for any newbies unless they're directly related to someone important.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
https://twitter.com/sixers/status/1401588296594169863

lol the clown almost falls doing the chop

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Hirez posted:

https://twitter.com/sixers/status/1401588296594169863

lol the clown almost falls doing the chop

Say what you will about the WWE, when something of theirs is mentioned in non-wrestling culture, they treat it like the Bat-signal.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shrimpy posted:

Say what you will about the WWE, when something of theirs is mentioned in non-wrestling culture, they treat it like the Bat-signal.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Shrimpy posted:

Unless it's sports people Yessing before Bryanmania.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

collocation posted:

Unless it's sports people Yessing before Bryanmania.

You want Sheamus.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Benne posted:

If an actor got fired from a TV show and started posting absurd fanfic about their own character we'd all be mocking that too

Dirk Benedict spent 20 years writing BSG fanfic and pitching sequels after the original show went off the air

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

DarkstarIV posted:

I mean Ricochet is definitely problematic nowadays with him defending going maskless at parties during pandemics, being friends with a pedophile, and also making GBS threads on his own coworkers unprovoked.

He tanked before all that though. Now it's worse. Lol.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yea, Ricky killed off his own coolness factor long before the pandemic. Even if he was the purest saint to ever walk the earth he'd still be a monumental weenie by this point.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Someone post the Must Be Monday clip with Samoa Joe that also had Rick smile out of his rear end.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Dirk Benedict spent 20 years writing BSG fanfic and pitching sequels after the original show went off the air

Dirk Benedict once spent twenty minutes telling me the Egyptian source of my name at a convention. He then chased me down while I was with the Honky Tonk man to tell me he had a soccer team with some players with the same name as me.

Dirk go on Twitch with Tommy.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Didn't Dirk Benedict lose his poo poo when they announced that Starbuck was going to be a woman in the new BSG and he kept calling her Stardoe?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Didn't Dirk Benedict lose his poo poo when they announced that Starbuck was going to be a woman in the new BSG and he kept calling her Stardoe?

Yep and then he took a pic with her, I think at a Starbucks

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/AndrewZarian/status/1401913838061207555?s=19

Draft shortly after Summerslam apparently.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The irony being that Richard Hatch kept his mouth shut and got a regular role in the BSG reboot.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Do you know who’s ready for the draft? Real life army man Bobby Lashley.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Golden Bee posted:

Do you know who’s ready for the draft? That peacock on zoom and the football robot.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
hopefully they draft a good show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1401924674817245190