Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I saw 2 dollars laying on the ground. I said No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Anyone ever see the weird anti-choice movies the My Pillow guy finances and cameo's in? The Cinema Snob as done a couple of episodes on them. Pretty weird stuff.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
https://imgur.com/a/lYoKsZq

hmm.

e- facebook has been futzing with algorithmic 'solutions' to the q problem for a few years now, and this nutjob was surely felt the waves of constantly-changing robocops. Some algorithms performed disasterously and had to be reversed, some performed very well and the IRA worked out and gamed the new algorithm forcing another adjustment, etc. My suspicion is that this nutback is reading tea leaves and imagining he's the center of the universe. But Peter Thiel infiltrated the board and it seems very much to me that there's an internal battle within facebook, just as there are fascists working within the NYT or WAPO or any other media institution with any reach.

But there may well be a high-level fb admin that's protecting specific qanon-promoting influencers, as a hypothesis (this person's account is by no means credible evidence of such)

Uglycat fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 7, 2021

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Lammasu posted:

Anyone ever see the weird anti-choice movies the My Pillow guy finances and cameo's in? The Cinema Snob as done a couple of episodes on them. Pretty weird stuff.

No but I listened to the God Awful Movies reviews of them and you should too

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Sir Tonk posted:

pretty sure its because gavin made the group as a joke to gently caress with people and then it got out of his control

nah, he wanted a cult and he made one
never excuse as stupidity what can be attributed to malice imo

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lammasu posted:

Cinema Snob turned into a chud and a real shitsack generally. I liked him when he still had hair, but he’s apparently always been a pretty bad guy.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Cinema Snob turned into a chud and a real shitsack generally. I liked him when he still had hair, but he’s apparently always been a pretty bad guy.

Wait, what's this about? The only thing I know of is that he was defending Doug pretty hard when the Channel Awesome stuff was revealed and was the only guy to stay on the site. I guess that by itself is enough but you make it sound like there's more definitive stuff.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 minutes!
Young Orc

Relevant Tangent posted:

nah, he wanted a cult and he made one
never excuse as stupidity what can be attributed to malice imo

both of these can be true

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

Wait, what's this about? The only thing I know of is that he was defending Doug pretty hard when the Channel Awesome stuff was revealed and was the only guy to stay on the site. I guess that by itself is enough but you make it sound like there's more definitive stuff.

He started going after Allison Preggler, another youtube person who got the anti-channel awesome stuff going, telling people on twitter some untrue stuff about her trying to SWAT him or have ambulances sent to his house and getting people to call his house and harass him, which got people going after her with organized harassment. It sounds kind of petty when I type it out, I guess.

He also made some videos exposing “cancel culture” a year or two ago, which seemed like a bit of a transition into being garbage professionally, but I don’t know if he kept up with it after that.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

both of these can be true

he also named his gang after a song from the Aladdin musical.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 7, 2021

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

He started going after Allison Preggler, another youtube person who got the anti-channel awesome stuff going, telling people on twitter some untrue stuff about her trying to SWAT him or have ambulances sent to his house and getting people to call his house and harass him, which got people going after her with organized harassment. It sounds kind of petty when I type it out, I guess.

He also made some videos exposing “cancel culture” a year or two ago, which seemed like a bit of a transition into being garbage professionally, but I don’t know if he kept up with it after that.
Brad was really good friends with her until she turned on him. She cut off all contact with him then started pushing Change the Chanel witch led to him being swated on the day of his wife's dad's funeral.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lammasu posted:

Brad was really good friends with her until she turned on him. She cut off all contact with him then started pushing Change the Chanel witch led to him being swated on the day of his wife's dad's funeral.

This is the opposite of what happened. She even collaborated with him post-change the channel—she’s in his movie, Disco and participated in fundraising streams for the one he made after that. This all sounds very gossipy to type out, but he’s the one who quit talking to her, then went on a youtube talkshow to say that people complaining about channel awesome were whiners getting mad over nothing, then started speaking freely about how she was personally responsible for people trolling him and that she’s bad for bringing heat down on channel awesome etc.

I don’t know which internet public figures are actually friends vs collaborators who tolerate each other, but he’s behaved pretty badly toward her in public, and she not at all toward him other than to contest his claims that she’s organized harassment of him. As far as it’s possible to know such things, it seems like him turning on her took her by surprise.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
He sounds like an rear end in a top hat but I don’t think it’s fair to call him a chud.
You can be a jerk or even a terrible person without being a Nazi.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Can't wait to watch this hour long video doing a q proof. Over 200,000 views if right wing YouTube is to be trusted.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Elea posted:

carol.jpg

lol

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Elea posted:

Can't wait to watch this hour long video doing a q proof. Over 200,000 views if right wing YouTube is to be trusted.

It truly is incredible how much these people become parodies of themselves on a daily basis

Like how the gently caress is anyone not insane supposed to read any of that?

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

TulliusCicero posted:

It truly is incredible how much these people become parodies of themselves on a daily basis

Gotta fill a lot of hours when you're unemployed/unemployable sitting at home collecting SSDI or disability.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Elea posted:

I can't quite read the text, is that the full expanded lore for Kingdom Hearts?

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
It's actually about the new hot Qanon conspiracy which is all based off of Q posting 11.3 once. There's a internet available Laws of War Manual from the DOD where 11.3 deals with occupation, which is appealing to Qanon types now. So they've made it a magical tome where Trump slipped a declaration of war against China and now the Biden administration is liable to be arrested for conspiring with them. Any day now. It's kinda within the trend of Qanon borrowing sovereign citizen thinking.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Elea posted:

It's actually about the new hot Qanon conspiracy which is all based off of Q posting 11.3 once. There's a internet available Laws of War Manual from the DOD where 11.3 deals with occupation, which is appealing to Qanon types now. So they've made it a magical tome where Trump slipped a declaration of war against China and now the Biden administration is liable to be arrested for conspiring with them. Any day now. It's kinda within the trend of Qanon borrowing sovereign citizen thinking.

This is the good poo poo... please expand on this.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Elea posted:

How many q dipshits are honestly left, and how many of those are so old they won't make it to 2022?

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.

TulliusCicero posted:

How many q dipshits are honestly left, and how many of those are so old they won't make it to 2022?
As long as there’s at least 1 person left alive to scam $10 a month off of on patreon, the grift will continue.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

IPlayVideoGames posted:

As long as there’s at least 1 person left alive to scam $10 a month off of on patreon, the grift will continue.
Speaking of which, how is Lowtax’s patreon doing?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

TulliusCicero posted:

The Internet Makes You Stupid.

I heard that somewhere once a long time ago

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

Y'ever been out to Pensacola? How 'bout West Palm Beach?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

70% of the GOP thinks the election was stolen so I'd say there quite a few. Or at least enough to consider Q adjacent.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

JazzFlight posted:

Speaking of which, how is Lowtax’s patreon doing?

Lmao

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I am hereby making 15 times as much money as Lowtax.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Some dead goons' bank accounts are getting slowly drained.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Remind me again what Trump's rally schedule for this week is? We need to see if he replicates the same spent energy in NC last saturday.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

TulliusCicero posted:

I mean, QAA is still covering conferences that keep getting bigger, more expensive, and more professional, and the community is being encouraged to run for local offices, so basically.. if you think the end of this movement is in sight, you're just not paying attention.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Remind me again what Trump's rally schedule for this week is? We need to see if he replicates the same spent energy in NC last saturday.

I dunno but he's bringing out the big guns

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1402019060552982529?s=20

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Young Orc

PhazonLink posted:

he also named his gang after a song from the Aladdin musical.

yeah that part actually owns

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Young Orc

a literal pity party

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Love that they're using a picture that's over 7 years old when they both looked like normalish old people instead of demented crypt keepers.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

There are a tens of thousands of them at least. It spread like wildfire through evangelical churches.

EDIT: And honestly their dedication to it as a whole is easily the same, if not more passionate now, because anything else would be admitting defeat.

Vernii fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 9, 2021

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The real problem is that party politics has become the foundation of a lot of people's identity. They literally wouldn't know what to do or who they would be if they gave up the trump poo poo. It's why they get so wrapped up in bizarre poo poo like cancelling Dr. Seuss or the 1619 Project. I don't see that going away even if q does.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If most Arizona republicans are getting sick of the audit poo poo, does that mean QAnon's power is waning??

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/06/19/conservative-radio-host-arizona-election-audit-sot-brown-nr-vpx.cnn

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
we'll see when midterms happen how powerful Q is.

Also the damage is done, the chain of custody for the machines was broken .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Apparently ticket pre-sales have opened for the Trump & O'Reilly speaking tour.

They have dates for sale in December. December, you will note, is after Trump will have returned to the presidency. Apparently this is a big problem in Q land?

I'm sure some of them will wave it off as a psy-op thing but even Trump has publicly reinforced the back as president by August thing so what would be the point of obfuscation?

Anyone willing to brave the depths and see if this is really a discontinuity in the hive mind and report back?