Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

prom candy posted:

Today, that is still there but they also added: "Indoor religious services, rites, or ceremonies, including wedding services and funeral services permitted at up to 15 per cent capacity of the particular room;"

That's pushing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You know David Williams, they started calling the variants by Greek characters specifically to prevent bigotry against countries of origin. It doesn't help if you talk about the Delta variant and then immediately follow up by calling it "the so-called Indian Variant."

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

mediaphage posted:

in local news a dbag drove their vehicle into a sidewalk killing three adults and a juvenile person with a second child barely hanging on in the icu

the cops just gave a press conference; the family was targeted explicitly because they were muslims

but yeah we don't have a racism problem here

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I want to bash in the head of any bigots with a bat.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Okay.

Please keep us informed of your violent fantasies, here in the politics thread.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, will do - bigots are subhuman scum as we saw today driving over 5 innocent human beings.

Maybe we can talk them out of it next time - that always works.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Kenney doubled down today defending both his sky palace bullshit and his cancel culture comments. Because of course he did.

And naturally he said it was a business meeting and someone gave him a bottle of whisky because it was his 30th birthday. I dont care if he misspoke I like the image of him being the worst shape 30 year old ever.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 7, 2021

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Ah I see its the bi monthly is it ok to do violence against racists discussion.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

mediaphage posted:

the cops just gave a press conference; the family was targeted explicitly because they were muslims

but yeah we don't have a racism problem here

It just occurred to me that the perpetrator was arrested really close to the London Islamic School and Mosque. Might just have been a coincidence, but if not, it's horrible to think it could've been much worse.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Opposition Motion (Action towards reconciliation with Indigenous peoples)
https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en/live-vote?voteId=118

citynews posted:

The NDP’s motion, which should come to a vote Monday, demands quick action to help Indigenous peoples. In particular, Leader Jagmeet Singh wants fast implementation of outstanding Truth and Reconciliation recommendations, ending court cases around compensation for Indigenous children in the child welfare system and residential school survivors, and more resources to search for unmarked graves.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Vintersorg posted:

Shithead is getting it from all sides. gently caress him.

He doesn't want the job and the focus is on him specifically. That's the whole point.

He's not going to be banished to some lovely job and to live out his days chasing kids off his lawn in the suburbs. Instead, he's going to be banished to one of his two mansions and/or his Costa Rican estate until being appointed to the chair of some committee at a PC friendly company as a tax shelter (see also "Filmon, Gary").

Meanwhile, Manitobans will line up to vote for the next PC leader, because either they're moron rurals or they're city people who are fine with having sold off health care and education for tax breaks in the amount that somebody who owns three mansions probably keeps stored in a random sock drawer in case he needs to buy a banana.

Friendly Manitoba!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Nick Biped posted:

It just occurred to me that the perpetrator was arrested really close to the London Islamic School and Mosque. Might just have been a coincidence, but if not, it's horrible to think it could've been much worse.

yeah i wonder what this fucker was planning

he was apparently wearing a helmet (?!) when he committed the murders

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

apatheticman posted:

I'd suggest that if you want to scream into the void about staving peoples' heads in with a bat, do it in CSPAM or something. No one's going to jerk you off about what a badass you are "in Minecraft"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

infernal machines posted:

I'd suggest that if you want to scream into the void about staving peoples' heads in with a bat, do it in CSPAM or something. No one's going to jerk you off about what a badass you are "in Minecraft"

look, i killed the ender dragon in minecraft i am badass

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Look I just want to chop trees and dig holes. Leave these mobs in peace

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

mediaphage posted:

yeah i wonder what this fucker was planning

he was apparently wearing a helmet (?!) when he committed the murders

Kill as many brown people as he could

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

apatheticman posted:

don't ask don't tell

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

:hmmno:

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

don't threaten me with a good time

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Margaret "Im no racist but..." Wente?

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

"I am concerned that white men's history of *checks notes* centuries of crimes against humanity might cause occasional blowback by a lone wolf. Please increase your levels of racial hysteria, thank you"

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Where is that from, Reddit?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

Margaret "Im no racist but..." Wente?

Didn't NatPo drop Wente a while ago? Who would pick her up? Quillette or maybe Rebel Media?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Didn't NatPo drop Wente a while ago? Who would pick her up? Quillette or maybe Rebel Media?

Given their track record lately, CBC.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Good point.

I'm not going to go looking for them, but I'm surprised there haven't been any pearl clutching op-eds about the Ryerson statue from The Star or CBC posted in here yet.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 8, 2021

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
It sounds like even Ryerson the university isn't trying to repair the statue, which is rad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

It's weird to imagine Canadian institutions having a sense of shame and actual decorum, but I'm certainly not complaining.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Ryerson's answer was actually... kinda good. Basically "we were planning to do something about that anyway, and that suuuure was something, but next time maybe let's talk about this sort of thing"

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Terror Sweat posted:

Where is that from, Reddit?

Yeah it was a post in the Ontario subreddit. It didn’t last long.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Manitoba PCs sold a provincial park and there's two others out for RFPs right now

https://twitter.com/WilderNewsMB/status/1402044799469817856?s=20

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Ed Tubb says that delta variant sequences in Ontario have actually dropped recently, which is great news. I was honestly concerned we were in the valley between the vaccine assisted decline of alpha and the surge of delta. Delta is harder to identify because it has to be genome sequenced rather than the usual test.

I think stage 1 will be fine if they stick to the 3 week internal just to be safe, but I bet they rush it. There is an absolute mob of people who want to dine in.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

Manitoba PCs sold a provincial park and there's two others out for RFPs right now

https://twitter.com/WilderNewsMB/status/1402044799469817856?s=20

The tweet says one has been privatized, but the article says there are RFPs out for the three parks, so it's still in the proposal stage. There is an official opposition in Manitoba isn't there? You'd expect someone to have made mention of selling off provincial lands before it passed legislature.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I honestly wouldn't mind if the entire provincial park system was nationalized so they could be protected from vulture capitalist Premiers and only under threat from vulture capitalist feds.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
That would just give the federal government opportunity to make an efficiency argument and shut down half of them because now they have too many for some reason.

Whose in control of crown lands? Is that the province? I know they make rules for it, but I'm not sure if they have unrestricted access to develop it.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

why the gently caress would anyone be in favour of selling off provincial parks

'yes I hate having areas I can go and visit for free, i'd far rather pay for it'

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

The tweet says one has been privatized, but the article says there are RFPs out for the three parks, so it's still in the proposal stage. There is an official opposition in Manitoba isn't there? You'd expect someone to have made mention of selling off provincial lands before it passed legislature.

To be fair, it's hard keeping track of all the poo poo the Cons have done here - they are definitely speed running to get as much poo poo passed as possible before getting voted out in 2023.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Alctel posted:

'yes I hate having areas I can go and visit for free, i'd far rather pay for it'

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Three RFPs were put out and one has been finalized, St. Ambroise Beach is now Surfside Park and the entrance fee has doubled. The opposition does not need to approve the sale of parks.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Welp. That's some bullshit.

You'd think the sale of provincial assets would take a bit more than just announcing an RFP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Alctel posted:

The maintenance of the parks costs hardworking Manitobans money and I don't give a gently caress I go to Costa Rica instead anyway is therefore inefficient.