Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

why

why

why

Not even Shenmue, Power Stone, Soul Calibur, Skies of Arcadia, Jet Set Radio, Marvel vs Capcom, Crazy Taxi, Metropolis Street Racer...

interesting you completely ignore quake 3 on dreamcast which destroys your entire argument

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Inzombiac posted:

12 million dollars could buy her a lot of copies of Resident Evil 4 for the Nintendo Switch!
She might want to wait for the Pro though.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

She also wants every copy of every resident evil game recalled and destroyed which is a lol

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Rosalie_A posted:

You probably don't remember the late 90s too well then. Sonic Adventure's voice work is definitely mockable but it's also easily one of the better dub works of the era (especially when you take out Metal Gear Solid which just shatters the grading curve).

Oh of course, I'm speaking with a massive amount of tongue-in-cheek. I had the pleasure of attending a Dreamcast launch party of sorts at a LAN party place, which had an awesome little side room for consoles. A group of us just watched the shop owners play Sonic Adventure for hours into the night. It was a surreal feeling; that consoles had "caught up" to PC gaming in my teenage mind.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

After I had a stay in the hospital a few years ago, I sold a bunch of my Dreamcast games in order to get a little bit of extra money to pay the absurd amount of bills I had.

Today, I felt the urge to play Project Justice, and looking up, I can't get a copy anywhere cheaper than $500. I sold mine for $40 at the time, having paid $20 when it came out on launch.

Anyway that's my Dreamcast story, what a great system it was, but good luck finding any games for a reasonable price.

Yank out your Dreamcast's optical drive and install a GDEMU clone and play Project Justice off an SD card for a fraction of the price.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

flavor.flv posted:

She also wants every copy of every resident evil game recalled and destroyed which is a lol

i support her

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Johnny Walker posted:

the what!!!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dabir posted:

there are no other Dreamcast games anyone cares about

Imagine thinking anyone cares about Sonic Adventures and not Power Stone or Virtual On.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ILLBLEED is loving rad and a shame that it's trapped forever on Dreamcast.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Stux posted:

interesting you completely ignore quake 3 on dreamcast which destroys your entire argument

Because you'd use the mouse and keyboard for that like a true winner

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Anybody else here love video games? I do.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sleng Teng posted:

no that's gross

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Sleng Teng posted:

They're pretty cool, yeah.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Illbleed on the dreamcast is terrible. The most fun part of the game is the jumpscares, and you have to avoid seeing them or you die

It is excellent on YouTube, though

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Johnny Walker posted:

Good luck trying to find one!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yank out your Dreamcast's optical drive and install a GDEMU clone and play Project Justice off an SD card for a fraction of the price.

If the drive doesn't sound like an angle grinder loving a dot matrix printer, it's not a Dreamcast.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Where would I find one of those?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Len posted:

Where would I find one of those?

Got mine from ebay

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

switch pro looking weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeWGukDrc1U

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Ni No Kuni 2 is $60, lmao

also,

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Switch/System-Updates/Nintendo-Switch-System-Updates-and-Change-History-1445507.html

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

quote:

Latest version: 12.0.3 (Distributed 08/06/2021)
Note: At the moment, we're temporarily suspending the distribution of 12.0.3. (Added 08/06/2021 at 12:00 CEST)
so is there an issue or something?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Policenaut posted:

ILLBLEED is loving rad and a shame that it's trapped forever on Dreamcast.

ILLBLEED is a game whose true genius was only discovered many years later, they sold it as a straight faced horror game when they shouldve sold it as a literary comedy-horror masterpiece.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Direct approaching

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Going to be really disappointed if the switch pro dock doesn't have a pen holder now

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Stux posted:

It had keyboard and mouse support which were widely available at the time and why yes I did have both

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

nachos posted:

To someone not used to dungeon crawlers it can get repetitive. It doesn’t have the amount of exposition or cutscenes found in a normal jrpg. You really have to enjoy the combat and managing demon pokemon to get anything out of it. Most of your time will be spent planning how you want to level and fuse various demons together to get the skills needed to destroy the current dungeon/boss.

SMT IV is one of those games like Fire Emblem where I got really into it and spent a ton of time planning out how I wanted to level and customize my characters and party, I painstakingly worked through all the challenges and beat the game, but afterwards I'm not sure if I actually enjoyed the experience or not.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

TLS Version mismatch was causing patches/updates to fail with the new firmware

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

SMT IV is one of those games like Fire Emblem where I got really into it and spent a ton of time planning out how I wanted to level and customize my characters and party, I painstakingly worked through all the challenges and beat the game, but afterwards I'm not sure if I actually enjoyed the experience or not.

I feel like this is me with every RPG I seriously get into. I get sucked right in and obsessive with my planning, and then in the end it's just like.... why did I do this?

Anyway, gonna pick Dragon Quest XI back up tonight.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

It contains secret info about the Double Plus Good Switch. Rookie mistake.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

flavor.flv posted:

I hear she already made this happen with the Switch Pro.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Has the direct been announced or it is just some nebulous June 12-15 time based on E3 announcements?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Waltzing Along posted:

Has the direct been announced or it is just some nebulous June 12-15 time based on E3 announcements?

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1400089827501092867?s=21

Edit: focused exclusively on Software, Nintendo is trolling us

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Edit: focused exclusively on Software, Nintendo is trolling us

C:\ Load Switch_Pro_Overclock.exe

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 8, 2021

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Thanks.

Nice of Nintendo to wait till the thing is basically over to digitally release their pre-recorded video.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nintendo always closes E3, because they have their Treehouse stuff which is freeform and isn't taking up anybody else's space.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
So what do you think those hours of treehouse play are going to be for? I mean, obviously stuff they announce, but ooh speculation.

As always, I'm hoping for (though not optimistic about) some Silksong. And if Nintendo doesn't show it then they're liars and its their fault games are delayed and Sony do what nintnedoesnt.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mario Golf and some surprise unannounced game probably.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

American McGay posted:

Mario Golf and some surprise unannounced game probably.

Metroid Prime Rammers

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Hopefully they don't gently caress up mario golf like they did tennis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I can’t wait for no switch pro news and 40 minutes of nothing interesting from Nintendo this year lol