Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Drakkel posted:

Imagine getting handed a script that's just one giant page-spanning wall of text in like 8 point font about 5 minutes before you're supposed to walk out into a stadium full of people on live national television and recite it word for word with the looming threat that if you forget even a little bit of it your career could fall apart immediately.

And then worship the people in charge of it even after they can your rear end with added garbage bag of locker gear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder if Vince ever had his part, scripted, when he was an active part of the show

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Drakkel posted:

Imagine getting handed a script that's just one giant page-spanning wall of text in like 8 point font about 5 minutes before you're supposed to walk out into a stadium full of people on live national television and recite it word for word with the looming threat that if you forget even a little bit of it your career could fall apart immediately.

If you're wondering why so many people go into the PC and get hidden away for a decade because 'they're not ready', a lot of it probably has to do with the ability to memorize and recite word vomit

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder if Vince ever had his part, scripted, when he was an active part of the show

The lockbox was totally something that wasn't scripted because nobody ever followed through on it

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I’ve worked on big Hollywood sets and no budget schlock fests and even the worst indie scripts looked better than that.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Codependent Poster posted:

The lockbox was totally something that wasn't scripted because nobody ever followed through on it

That doesn’t really convince me one way or the other

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Golden Bee posted:

I’ve worked on big Hollywood sets and no budget schlock fests and even the worst indie scripts looked better than that.

The formatting is so bad, it’s killing me

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

Even the worst indie scripts have had to go through so many layers of quality control and rewrites and are literally never torn up and redone the day of shooting.

Unless you work for like David O Russell or something.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
why is it written in prose instead of formatted like a screenplay what the gently caress

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
vince recruiting the best writers from fanfiction.net

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Even the worst indie scripts have had to go through so many layers of quality control and rewrites and are literally never torn up and redone the day of shooting.

Unless you work for like David O Russell or something.

I'm pretty certain that happened on The Room, largely from the rest of the crew desperately trying to make something resembling a movie out of the batshit nonsense scripts Tommy Wiseau had written.

That's about the level that WWE's creative process is on. The Room.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Drakkel posted:

I'm pretty certain that happened on The Room, largely from the rest of the crew desperately trying to make something resembling a movie out of the batshit nonsense scripts Tommy Wiseau had written.

That's about the level that WWE's creative process is on. The Room.

I'll grant that. A room full of writers and you're still chasing the high water mark of screenwriting established by " oh hi mark"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Kunabomber posted:

I have a modestly successful fic on that site. Even if he came knocking I'd say no.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Shard posted:

I have a modestly successful fic on that site. Even if he came knocking I'd say no.

I have one there too, and it's more canon than WWE.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Sorry if I offended you - I don't go on fanfiction.net but the writing of that script reminds me of the worst type of descriptive writing by fanfic writers that is sometimes highlighted on these dead forums.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kunabomber posted:

He should hire the guy that wrote the 54 chapter fic that's entirely comprised of Edge cutting promos on everyone in WWE

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3875322/1/Razor-s-Edge

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

You can't just post shard and or cobiwanns fan fic like that

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My partner once told me about an ex-boyfriend who would write WWE/Highlander fiction. So like WWE wrestlers would fight each other but at the end of matches they would behead each other and do the quickening thing. I couldn't stop laughing at the idea of HHH putting a guy in a pedigree and just having his head pop off. My partner didn't totally understand what a pedigree is so she drew this when I explained it to her.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Paper Lion posted:

arent you the person that made multiple threads cataloguing every microaggression you could find from raws that aired 20 years ago

Micro. Ok.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Golden Bee posted:

It was dredging poop from a landfill and telling us it was poop

I can't actually deny this entirely, other than to say that it is on a forum about landfills. It's not like I went to a forum about beaches and did it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So in case you are curious how much of a loving difference there is between reactions for Raquel and Io:

Io returned tonight and got an absolutely monster reaction. Raquel walked out like a few minutes after that segment and got almost complete silence. But yeah, keep saying Raquel is the megastar in the making, WWE.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

So in case you are curious how much of a loving difference there is between reactions for Raquel and Io:

Io returned tonight and got an absolutely monster reaction. Raquel walked out like a few minutes after that segment and got almost complete silence. But yeah, keep saying Raquel is the megastar in the making, WWE.

I mean, isn't the audience like a couple dozen people smacking the glass?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

MJeff posted:

I mean, isn't the audience like a couple dozen people smacking the glass?

Nah, they have opened up the arena to more people. It's still not a lot, but its more than a couple of months ago.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Man this Bret Hart A&E doc is excellent. Seeing the bear story animated cracked me up.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
This is my first time seeing Karrion cross and the guy just looks like a generic heavy.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Those edge promos are… Well, very 2006. Surprised that the Ric Flair one is called “the first man with AIDS”. And that Shannon Moore named his tattoo parlor “Gas Chamber Ink”.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
I stumbled into this weeks NXT and while I was into Moon/Kai, this five guys of canned lines segment is laaaaame as gently caress. Kross is the drizzling shits.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NXT https://www.f4wonline.com/nxt-results/wwe-nxt-live-results-takeover-your-house-go-home-show-343546

Oney Lorcan defeats Austin Theory. Johnny Gargano and Pete Dunne brawl during the match
Legado del Fantasma challenge Bronson Reed and MSK to a trios match with Bronson's North American title and MSK's NXT tag titles on the line, winners take all for In Your House
Isaiah "Swerve" Scott defeats Killian Dain after Dain gets distracted by the rest of Hit Row brawling with Drake Maverick
Mercedes Martinez squashes Cameron Bra'Nae in 15 seconds after Xia Li attacks Mercedes pre-match but gets fought off and then taken away by officials
Poppy hugs Dexter Lumis in front of shocked HHH and William Regal, Indi Hartwell walks in and flips out then leaves

Ted DiBiase announces the IYH match between LA Knight and Cameron Grimes will be for the Million Dollar title, and it'll be a ladder match, for which he unveils a special golden ladder with dollar signs on the sides
Karrion Kross and Kyle O'Reilly are separated from brawling backstage by officials and Regal
Grizzled Young Veterans defeat August Grey and Ikemen Jiro despite attempted distraction from Timothy Thatcher and Tommaso Ciampa. Postmatch GYV challenge Thatcher and Ciampa to a Texas tornado tag match for next week's NXT
Candice LeRae threatens Poppy, who sends out Io Shirai after her
Ember Moon defeats Dakota Kai by DQ after Raquel Gonzalez interferes. Postmatch Ember fights both of them off and poses with the belt
Regal and Kross yell at each other as Kross demands to fight all four opponents. All but Adam Cole come out on each side of Kross making fun of him, Cole appears on the Tron to make fun of Kross. O'Reilly slaps Kross, starting the brawl. Kross stands tall, taking out everyone including security, but then Cole appears from under the ring, superkicks him and poses with the belt

Takeover In Your House card for Sunday:
Mercedes Martinez vs Xia Li
Raquel Gonzalez defends the NXT women's title against Ember Moon
Bronson Reed (North American champ) and MSK (NXT tag champs) defend all the belts against Legado del Fantasmo in a winners take all trios match
Cameron Grimes vs LA Knight in a golden ladder match for the vacant Million Dollar title
Karrion Kross defends the NXT title in a fatal fiveway against Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Johnny Gargano and Pete Dunne

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
why is HHH doing soy face now

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

FullMetalJackoff posted:

I stumbled into this weeks NXT and while I was into Moon/Kai, this five guys of canned lines segment is laaaaame as gently caress. Kross is the drizzling shits.

The problem with Moon/Kai is it ended in a DQ. This is at least the second match where Raquel has hosed everything up and its so incredibly main roster.

As for Kross, he's definitely retaining on Sunday but it would be a mistake. Everyone else in that ring completely took a hatchet to his character and completely shredded any credibility he had.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Austin Theory move
https://i.imgur.com/Z6zNP0S.gifv
Dexter and Poppy sitting in a tree
https://streamable.com/jtp8sc
DiBiase's announcement
https://streamable.com/v2usml
Candice calls out Poppy; Io gets a big pop
https://streamable.com/dl7wws
Final Brawl. Took what 2 gaurds and 4 others to 'weaken' Kross? Only for Cole to get him in the end lol
https://streamable.com/tkmi7e

Chris James 2 posted:

Bronson Reed (North American champ) and MSK (NXT tag champs) defend all the belts against Legado del Fantasmo in a winners take all trios match
Have they ever done Tag titles and a singles title in the same match?

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 9, 2021

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Digital Jedi posted:

Austin Theory move
https://i.imgur.com/Z6zNP0S.gifv
Dexter and Poppy sitting in a tree
https://streamable.com/jtp8sc
DiBiase's announcement
https://streamable.com/v2usml
Candice calls out Poppy
https://streamable.com/dl7wws

Have they ever done Tag titles and a singles title in the same match?

That is a Cool Move and looks like what RVD would be doing if he started wrestling now.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Very unimpactful looking spanish fly.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
more belts lol

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Who is Poppy?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I feel like every Takeover has a ladder match these days

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Pylons posted:

Very unimpactful looking spanish fly.
seems safer and looks better than the regular spanish fly

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hirez posted:

more belts lol

Yo you better step off if you're talking poo poo about the Million Dollar Championship

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

Who is Poppy?

Poppy is a musician who was working with Titanic Sinclair and making weird youtube videos and a pretty decent second album. She started collaborating with WWE, began producing kind of lame metal music, but fortunately got away from the abusive Titanic Sinclair. It feels like she has a lot less buzz now than two years ago when she was kind of a niche thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MassRafTer posted:

Poppy is a musician who was working with Titanic Sinclair and making weird youtube videos and a pretty decent second album. She started collaborating with WWE, began producing kind of lame metal music, but fortunately got away from the abusive Titanic Sinclair. It feels like she has a lot less buzz now than two years ago when she was kind of a niche thing.

Thanks. Saw the name and thought she was an indy wrestler who got an unfortunate NXT name.