Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I think we all missed this one at the bottom of the last page

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

My dad always called them a saw saw

:shrug:

Are you sure about that? Are you 100% certain that he wasn't saying sawzall and you misheard it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

BrianBoitano posted:

People are enjoying it and only pretending to be outraged :)

I know. No worries ;)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Somebody needs to come in here who only ever saw it in writing and thought up until now that it rhymed with 'nozzle.' That's the only thing that's going to make my day better

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do not attempt to operate your saw zaw while sozzled.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It's not "Sauce-Owl"?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

flavor.flv posted:

Somebody needs to come in here who only ever saw it in writing and thought up until now that it rhymed with 'nozzle.' That's the only thing that's going to make my day better

How about how it took me until I was like 15 to realize that "infrared" was not "info-red" like it sounded in cartoons

Whenever I saw "infrared light" in print I thought it was a past participle, i.e. you infrare light through an infraring prism

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

flavor.flv posted:

I think we all missed this one at the bottom of the last page

Are you sure about that? Are you 100% certain that he wasn't saying sawzall and you misheard it?

Well my dads first language isnt English. It was difficult to say im assuming and he just called it what he could pronounce and ever since then we called them "saw saws" lol..just kinda stuck since there was no one to correct him until i showed up i guess

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Mindless posted:

got my saw zaw at the yard sard

you can find some nice civilware at those, too

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

gbut posted:

PYF Funny Pictures: got my saw zaw and wee deeder at the yard sard

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Seeing as the thread is completely over y'know funny pics, do we have a papercraft thread somewhere?
I've been passing the past few weeks making paper toys and I'd like to talk about it.

E. Vvvvvv Nooo! Now I'll never find out!

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 16:57 on Jun 9, 2021

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

PYF Funny Pictures: Jefff Moore

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
I keep my saw zaw on top of my chester drawers. It was passed down to me from Meemaw’s bedroom suit.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Ryan_Ken_Acts/status/1401245858189004805

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Busket Posket posted:

It was past down to me

ftfy

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
https://i.imgur.com/SkcbmsO.mp4

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

hawowanlawow posted:

they're great places to pick up saw zaws and wee deeders

poo poo i speak like this

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm gonna be giggling about wee deeders all day, hell I think that's what I'm calling them from now on

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
So I work at an adult store that still sells The Drilldo™ among other things and we frequently used to get people coming in and asking for the Sawzall version and I gotta be honest, as somebody who's never set foot in a workshop I 100% misinterpreted what they were saying as "sawzaw" for a good year or so until somebody actually bothered to fully enunciate the Ls at the end and I put two and two together

So what I'm saying is god bless Field Mousepad for taking one for the team here

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Blood Nightmaster posted:

So I work at an adult store that still sells The Drilldo™ among other things and we frequently used to get people coming in and asking for the Sawzall version and I gotta be honest, as somebody who's never set foot in a workshop I 100% misinterpreted what they were saying as "sawzaw" for a good year or so until somebody actually bothered to fully enunciate the Ls at the end and I put two and two together

I do what I can.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Bakers Cousin posted:

poo poo i speak like this

My insurance adjuster accused me of calling the thing that turns more immediately poisonous car exhaust into CO2 a "Cadillac converter"

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Data Graham posted:

How about how it took me until I was like 15 to realize that "infrared" was not "info-red" like it sounded in cartoons

Whenever I saw "infrared light" in print I thought it was a past participle, i.e. you infrare light through an infraring prism

I always thought it was in-frared until we did that unit in science class. I also pronounced “rabies” as “rabbis” in my head until my dad laughed his rear end off at me. I blame it on being an indoor kid who did a lot more reading than talking/socializing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm sorry there is a gental attachment for a sawzall?

Do people get horny about maximizing the amount of nerve damage they sustain or something? Can people just not get off without the smell of burning electronics and rraAAAAHAAAAAHHHHGHGGHHhh noise?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Are there that many fast and furious movies? What the hell?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

freeedr posted:

Are there that many fast and furious movies? What the hell?

Oh there's way more than that.

Eight main Fast and the Furious movies have been released with Fast and the Furious 9 due out this month. Ten is planned for next year. I think they go to space in the next one (or the tenth? It's been brought up before).

Also a spinoff with Hobbes and Shaw and a sequel to that in development. These days the movies are less about street racing and more about the Rock punching torpedoes back at nuclear submarines chasing his jeep over an Arctic ice sheet.

Mr Luxury Yacht has a new favorite as of 18:50 on Jun 9, 2021

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGwaqBwq93I

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It took ten mainline friday the 13th movies for jason to go to space so I think if they can't hold out for that long they're doing badly.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

OwlFancier posted:

I'm sorry there is a gental attachment for a sawzall?

Do people get horny about maximizing the amount of nerve damage they sustain or something? Can people just not get off without the smell of burning electronics and rraAAAAHAAAAAHHHHGHGGHHhh noise?

no they just want to tear down those back walls

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

See, saws right there on the label :colbert:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It's saw zaw stupid

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

*ding ding* Hey! Welcome back, Mike! Did your wife enjoy that last purchase of yours? Excellent, I knew it would hit the spot and get her puss all nice and SawZawed up.

Mike - "Weird question, but you dont happen to carry the branch trimmer attachment for it, do you? It would save me a trip to the hardware store. I dont like the SawZaw being a unitasker, as it were."

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Phy posted:

My insurance adjuster accused me of calling the thing that turns more immediately poisonous car exhaust into CO2 a "Cadillac converter"

It took me a second after reading this to remember what they're actually called.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Is Jefff Moore the "evil" clone of Jeff Moore?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Phy posted:

If it's not on a Cadillac, it's just Sparkling Platinum.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

See, saws right there on the label :colbert:

that's the trade name, the general term is "reciprocating 'zaw"

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The swallzawll

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Still giggling about Saw Zaw. Tee hee hee.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

pictured: Schrodinger's cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The cat has merely elected to exist in the Mirror Dimension because that's where his food is