Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Man. So DIY vs. AoP vs. Revival is possibly my favorite WWE match of the past five years. It's so damning to see what became of all three teams.

One went to the main roster, got screwed around, asked for their releases and moved on to the competition where they felt more respected. One went to the main roster for a cup of coffee, got screwed around and made sure to hide out in developmental until the heat death of the universe. Then the dominant team came to the main roster, got screwed around, got released and now they're just done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

imagine feeling so poo poo upon that a regular day job is better than trying wrestling elsewhere.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The moment they showed up on the main roster without Paul Ellering and their whole gimmick was doing literal toilet jokes with Drake Maverick they were just dead in the water. That and the fact that one or the other kept getting injured and WWE has some weird rule where if one tag team guy is injured the other is just banned from television as well

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

coconono posted:

imagine feeling so poo poo upon that a regular day job is better than trying wrestling elsewhere.

It's hard for me to imagine giving up that life to go back and work in a goddamn call center or whatever you end up doing. Not that I wouldn't do it if I were in their position but just always having it in the back of your head that a couple years ago you were wrestling on live TV must be hard.

Those guys were so great until they weren't. It's a bummer.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

WWE has way way way too many stories of wrestlers who should of been something.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

WWE has way way way too many stories of wrestlers who should of been something.

And for every single one of them they 100 percent believe and get most of their roster to believe it was just that they didn't have it. Nothing could have been done. Missing that X factor. Or fairy dust. Or whatever other magical bullshit they try to put in place of the real reason - that they suck at playing to a performer's strength.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Akam and Rezar were drat fine big thick boy wrestlers but honestly if they went and got regular jobs, they're probably good jobs that they're happy with. Dudes could've found a manager and worked the indies if they wanted. That they didn't suggest they're probably content. Good for them.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Drakkel posted:

The moment they showed up on the main roster without Paul Ellering and their whole gimmick was doing literal toilet jokes with Drake Maverick they were just dead in the water. That and the fact that one or the other kept getting injured and WWE has some weird rule where if one tag team guy is injured the other is just banned from television as well

that rule is so set in stone that roman reigns used it as a goddamn angle with his cousin

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Alexa Bliss is good

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Davros1 posted:

Who is Poppy?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Bad Poppy

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Radioactive Poppy

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
THE LORE OF POPPY

isn't Seth's current character still left over in some form from his time with AOP?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
What even is Seth’a character these days. A guy who says drip a lot? Is he even still doing the Monday Night Messiah thing.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Sweet Poppy Sanchez

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I’m pretty sure Rey’s asking price on the Indy scene was 5 figures. But Braun uhhh... yeah. He’s no Rey.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I’m pretty sure Rey’s asking price on the Indy scene was 5 figures. But Braun uhhh... yeah. He’s no Rey.

Rey Mysterio is a true star and loving worth it

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
IIRC Rey was charging like four figures for autographed pictures and people were lining up to pay it. Dude knows his worth.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

guys who have trained/worked exclusively for wwe usually dont last long on the indies. unless he takes a pity offer from tna or nwa, his wrestling career is likely over.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Reality Protester posted:

guys who have trained/worked exclusively for wwe usually dont last long on the indies. unless he takes a pity offer from tna or nwa, his wrestling career is likely over.

I mean that's clearly the play here. He's set his price and either some money mark will pay it or he'll keep sitting on his couch. Sounds like he's financially set anyway.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

a cyborg mug posted:

Radioactive Poppy

Please do not disrespect Mr Limelight like this.

Shard posted:

And for every single one of them they 100 percent believe and get most of their roster to believe it was just that they didn't have it. Nothing could have been done. Missing that X factor. Or fairy dust. Or whatever other magical bullshit they try to put in place of the real reason - that they suck at playing to a performer's strength.
And if you don't buy that, you're 'difficult' or 'arrogant' or 'unteachable'. Remember that WWE considered Chris Hero and Buddy Murphy bad workers who couldn't be taught. Seth too, and for all his flaws, dude is a better than average wrestler.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Gumball Gumption posted:

We're literally weeks away from Braun giving us promos from the front seat of his car parked in a walmart parking lot while he has sunglasses on.

Braun Strowman get on stevia

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Please do not disrespect Mr Limelight like this.

And if you don't buy that, you're 'difficult' or 'arrogant' or 'unteachable'. Remember that WWE considered Chris Hero and Buddy Murphy bad workers who couldn't be taught. Seth too, and for all his flaws, dude is a better than average wrestler.

I find the Hero thing especially galling. I'm biased because I think Chris is great, but the man is a wealth of wrestling knowledge.

When you're trusted to run a wrestling school, particularly one you don't own, you know your poo poo.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’d love to see an AOP run in World Tag League.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol that Braun think's he's worth Lesnar money

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol that Braun think's he's worth Lesnar money

you think lesnar only asks for five figures?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Brock ain't even driving to the payphone to call Heyman for less than 6.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Braun should do mma

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Reality Protester posted:

Braun should do mma

Bryan Alvarez voice: KNEE BAR

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gumball Gumption posted:

We're literally weeks away from Braun giving us promos from the front seat of his car parked in a walmart parking lot while he has sunglasses on.

Ad by Khad posted:

Braun Strowman get on stevia

Braun Strowman in the walmart parking trying and failing to run wind sprints while continuously asking women to tell him that he's fast

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

overmind2000 posted:

Braun Strowman in the walmart parking trying and failing to run wind sprints while continuously asking women to tell him that he's fast

dont forget the train sound effects

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Eat My Fuc posted:

Alexa Bliss is good

Sorta. Alexa has promo skills, I don't think anyone would deny that. Nothing super memorable (maybe her psych out after she won the Elimination Chamber), but she's good at delivering wooden WWE promos. She's not bad in the ring. I struggle to call her particularly good. I wish they were asking her to be more than this goofy Fiend garbage.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Alexa bliss is the master of the “I’m going to apologize… That you’re all stupid” promo! And that’s 30% of what women say on camera.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think she's only trained at the PC so she'd probably be amazing if she went to wrestling school.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

flatluigi posted:

you think lesnar only asks for five figures?

whoops I read that as six per appearance not five

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

Sorta. Alexa has promo skills, I don't think anyone would deny that. Nothing super memorable (maybe her psych out after she won the Elimination Chamber), but she's good at delivering wooden WWE promos. She's not bad in the ring. I struggle to call her particularly good. I wish they were asking her to be more than this goofy Fiend garbage.

Alexa is naturally charismatic and likeable. That Elimination Chamber speech got a pop for the fake out because it was obviously genuine, then a second pop for the heel turn ("give us hell, Quimby") because it was entertainingly worked. In ring I think her biggest problem is that the wrestles like she's 7 feet tall thing was great as a deluded heel in NXT but makes no sense as a successful strategy later. Interestingly her earliest rough matches in NXT have a more interesting athletic style that she never refined and went back to as a face.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NXT's go-home before In Your House had 669k viewers

Up 1000 from last week
Down 4000 from this time last year (and against AEW)

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Good news!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIbPeoi3lsE

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Drakkel posted:

Didn't Edge also have the lineal custody of Dominik when he was retired? I haven't kept up on his record since he came back though.

Also it's now dawned on me that it's now possible that at some point Dominick can win custody of himself.

When he retired then custody passed on to his brother, Christian, just like it would if he died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/sunnydhinsa/status/1402792523160973314?s=21