Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So was that story full of poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Benne posted:

IIRC Rey was charging like four figures for autographed pictures and people were lining up to pay it. Dude knows his worth.
The report going around when he left WWE was that he was asking $10,000, but the meet and greet/autograph appearances I can find were way less than that, anywhere between $30 to $200 for VIP Meet & Greets + Autographs + Show Tickets. It's possible he hiked his prices up at some point, but I cannot imagine it was ever anywhere near four figures.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

They're joining the Inner Circle?!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
There is only one True Albanian Psycho in pro wrestling, and his name is

JOHN CENA

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Edge & Christian posted:

The report going around when he left WWE was that he was asking $10,000, but the meet and greet/autograph appearances I can find were way less than that, anywhere between $30 to $200 for VIP Meet & Greets + Autographs + Show Tickets. It's possible he hiked his prices up at some point, but I cannot imagine it was ever anywhere near four figures.

Prices falling out the sky, R-E-Y

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Why do some people flip the bird with their thumb sticking out like that

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Atillo posted:

Alexa is naturally charismatic and likeable. That Elimination Chamber speech got a pop for the fake out because it was obviously genuine, then a second pop for the heel turn ("give us hell, Quimby") because it was entertainingly worked. In ring I think her biggest problem is that the wrestles like she's 7 feet tall thing was great as a deluded heel in NXT but makes no sense as a successful strategy later. Interestingly her earliest rough matches in NXT have a more interesting athletic style that she never refined and went back to as a face.

This is a really good point and a general problem with WWE talent once they reach a certain level of popularity. It reminds me of The Miz, whose lovely offense worked as a part of his annoying delusional heel gimmick. Now it's like he is only one or two tiers below Daniel Bryan in the official power ranking.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Bellas talked with Entertainment Tonight and want to come back, Nikki's already training again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUUPereBSi0

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seams posted:

Vince and Shane did it like that and I always thought it looked cool for some reason

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
the Alexa segment was the highest rated segment of RAW because RAW is just a chaste Rule 34.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Seams posted:

It’s less weird than people who do it while only folding their other 3 fingers at the middle joint.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Chris James 2 posted:

The Bellas talked with Entertainment Tonight and want to come back, Nikki's already training again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUUPereBSi0

Didn't one of them have a career-ending neck injury or something?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Drakkel posted:

Yes but so did Edge, Daniel Bryan, Christian and Shawn Michaels

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s less weird than people who do it while only folding their other 3 fingers at the middle joint.

ugh yea that fucks me up like why you doing that that looks so uncomfortable

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

History Comes Inside! posted:

It gives the bird a little platform to sit on

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Drakkel posted:

Their step father does the hiring and firing now, so I'm sure it can get worked out.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I completely missed that WWE was one of the Reddit meme stocks. Did EMF make his $75??

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

This is a really good point and a general problem with WWE talent once they reach a certain level of popularity. It reminds me of The Miz, whose lovely offense worked as a part of his annoying delusional heel gimmick. Now it's like he is only one or two tiers below Daniel Bryan in the official power ranking.

The one time Alexa and Charlotte faced each other on the main roster, they had Alexa take like 80% of the match. Against Charlotte! In what universe.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dango Bango posted:

I completely missed that WWE was one of the Reddit meme stocks. Did EMF make his $75??

We all sneered and laughed but EMF was playing the long game this whole time

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Y'all will

EAT

THE

FUC

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Dango Bango posted:

I didn't know WWE was a meme stock, but I was a bit intrigued reading this post about it...

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/nwnkiy/wwe_can_i_get_a_hell_yeah/

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Astro7x posted:

I didn't know WWE was a meme stock, but I was a bit intrigued reading this post about it...

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/nwnkiy/wwe_can_i_get_a_hell_yeah/

its cool that equity trade has gotten its own version of the Get Ready For Some Game Theory grifters who can will a stock into short term gains by posting some overwrought nonsense on reddit

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

HHH is doing the NXT conference call and I'm enjoying how many people seem to be asking questions about how relevant NXT is.
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1403042738329763847
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1403043361305640967

Also this is incredibly funny after the what the women's division has been the last few months.
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1403042137407692808

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm not sure they realize how terrible it looks that they're very obviously letting the women's division die or at least letting it become the old Divas bullshit again. Sure, they've made aborted attempts with the women's title in the past, as well as the Cruisterweight/Light Heavyweight title, but they've spent so much of the last six years talking about the evolution of women's wrestling and having them main event Wrestlemania and giving them their own PPV and creating more belts and now look at what's left.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Be a fan

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

who the gently caress does he think he's fooling

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’ve listened to a couple clips now and he definitely has the energy of a guy who has taken a lot of Ls recently

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Okay I'll continue to not watch it because it sucks thanks Paul

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

who the gently caress does he think he's fooling

Shareholders, himself, Rockstar Spud.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Okay I'll continue to not watch it because it sucks thanks Paul

sorry that's not one of the options he gave. you're allowed to think it sucks but you still have to watch it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Schrodinger's booking, it's good if you don't criticize it but bad if exposed to criticism.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M2jL7tgqlo

Still doing the same poo poo 7 years later.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

njsykora posted:

HHH is doing the NXT conference call and I'm enjoying how many people seem to be asking questions about how relevant NXT is.

Also this is incredibly funny after the what the women's division has been the last few months.
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1403042137407692808

lol I think they're mad their trash bag story got out because this is incredibly antagonistic for no reason

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Why would I watch the show, Paul?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I'm not sure they realize how terrible it looks that they're very obviously letting the women's division die or at least letting it become the old Divas bullshit again

Ronda left and Becky got pregnant and those were the only two real draws they had

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It's insane to me the amount of talented women have on their roster and they still can't create a remotely interesting women's division on their main shows.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

It's insane to me the amount of talented women have on their roster and they still can't create a remotely interesting women's division on their main shows.

I mean, it's a company wide issue. They have the in ring personnel to make me care. But the company is run by a crazy, petty piece of poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

they don't care

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rarity posted:

Ronda left and Becky got pregnant and those were the only two real draws they had

Sasha Banks and Asuka were massive draws too i dont see a differ...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I remember a period where Shane was working with that PPV company in China, people thought it was fait accomplis that Stephanie and HHH would get the company after Vince dies, but the way they've treated the Woman's Revolution thing as extremely half assed at times and then sometimes they'll pick it up makes me wonder if Vince won't just hand it to Shane.

Because it feels like handing some bumbling nephew a special project so he doesn't gently caress up the main aspects of the company. Certainly the women deserve spotlight, some of them are hugely talented but this is a weird way of doing it.

If you're TK, you gotta be watching Sasha Banks, Bayley, and Asuka's deals closely. Getting 1 would be good, getting 2 or all would be HUGE.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 10, 2021