Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ha! He "Why's there no White BET?" 'd the question!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The HHH call went so well that even WWE's own state media only tweeted about one answer

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1403044284593364992?s=20

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
An all-men’s show would be criticized, which is why we give the women seven minutes every week to do their little thing.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Of course Big Dave asks a question about the talent's workout routine.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

JUNGLE BOY posted:

there's a non zero chance sting gets his win back

lmao

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
"You wanna wrestle the best women in the world? Come to WWE, you can wrestle Natalya and Tamina 175 times in a row and then get laid off and we'll send you someone else's pants in a garbage bag"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wonder if it bothers HHH to have to talk to Dave more or less politely

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

JT Smiley posted:

It's insane to me the amount of talented women have on their roster and they still can't create a remotely interesting women's division on their main shows.

sucks because the evolution ppv was real good

RealFoxy posted:

Becky was never supposed to be over in the first place, it was because of Nia Jax accidentally breaking her nose that made her look like a massive bad-rear end on the road to Wrestlemania and fans just hijacked the show in support of her.

iirc what happened was they did not expect the jesus pop when she turned against flair, she was over that second, and the nose-break on the invasion a month before survivor series was the stone cold moment, which led to the rumble, etc

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Kosmo Gallion posted:

His boss and superior Nick Khan makes him.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

The only wrestler I know is Malcolm Bivens, and I'm still not sure Woods isn't just making him up every UUDD.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

JT Smiley posted:

Is this real hahahahahahaha

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

King

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

quote:

Hunter says they put bells & whistles on everyone. Says the term "work horse" was made up on the internet, "everyone works hard." Says if you don't work hard you're gone.

Sorry Aleister Black Tommy End; should've put in more work.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If you're TK, you gotta be watching Sasha Banks, Bayley, and Asuka's deals closely. Getting 1 would be good, getting 2 or all would be HUGE.
Man I'd love to see Bayley in AEW, mainly because a Bayley/Britt feud would loving slap

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Digital Jedi posted:

Just going to steal the recap from reddit since it's all in one place

Notes taken from various Twitter accounts such as Fightful, F4W, Satin, Alba, and PWInsider]

• Triple H media call for #NXTTakeOver starting now. Says In Your House is becoming a fun old school flashback show for NXT

Is anyone even nostalgic for IYH? It was the lovely B level shows between the real PPVs. It's no Clash of the Champions or something.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

20 years of scheming, plotting, and marrying undone in 3 months by a MBA. lmao

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

1glitch0 posted:

Is anyone even nostalgic for IYH? It was the lovely B level shows

So perfect for NXT then

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/thunderrosa22/status/1403085988163952643?s=20

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Regarding some NXT talent not working on the main #WWE roster, Triple H says it’s like sports. Some talent work out to their potential, others don’t. There are varying circumstances.

you're a fake sport lmao. this isnt a AAA hitter being unable to hit major league curve balls. if you look worse on the main roster it's 100% because of the booking

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Trips comparing WWE to sports is pretty funny considering that Vince has always maintained that it's entertainment

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

are the guys who have been in training for like seven years not working hard enough to make it to raw but are working hard enough to not be cut, it seems like a fine line to walk, with regard to amount of work you're doing

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Reality Protester posted:

Regarding some NXT talent not working on the main #WWE roster, Triple H says it’s like sports. Some talent work out to their potential, others don’t. There are varying circumstances.

you're a fake sport lmao. this isnt a AAA hitter being unable to hit major league curve balls. if you look worse on the main roster it's 100% because of the booking

Yea this was an absurd answer to the question. a bad script and a bad director can make any actor look like poo poo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Karma Tornado posted:

are the guys who have been in training for like seven years not working hard enough to make it to raw but are working hard enough to not be cut, it seems like a fine line to walk, with regard to amount of work you're doing

ehh. there is value to having good hands around to help work with and train the guys with star potential. see: curt hawkins, tye dillinger, cody rhodes.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

1glitch0 posted:

Is anyone even nostalgic for IYH? It was the lovely B level shows between the real PPVs. It's no Clash of the Champions or something.

Kind of! They were shorter and cheaper and that was cool. And while they were often 1 match shows, they were often cool matches, like Bret vs PCO, Bret vs Bulldog, HBK vs Owen. The last WWF tape I owned was In Your House 2 with the Diesel Sid lumberjack match. So that whole aesthetic definitely strokes a few nostalgia zones of my brain.

But not enough to watch a current WWE show

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think its cool the IYH shows would all have different names

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Hey WWE isn't going backwards with the women. I mean sure 5 of them got fired so they could hire Eva Marie whose gimmick is "I'm hot" and the main women's story of Raw with Alexa is "bitches be crazy" but still..... diva's revolution.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

• He compares Ted DiBiase and Grimes' in-ring work.
  • Regarding MSK, Triple H doesn’t like comparing talent to other stars of the past. He wants them to be themselves.

its far from the dumbest thing he said during that call but I'm definitely fixating on him saying he doesn't want to compare people to old stars like three lines after he did just that.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
which goon said hhh spent the last 20 years playing irl crusader kings only to get owned by some business dipshit

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

VideoWitch posted:

its far from the dumbest thing he said during that call but I'm definitely fixating on him saying he doesn't want to compare people to old stars like three lines after he did just that.

Also what kind of madman thinks the Carolina Caveman works like Ted Dibiase?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Are we sure HHH wasn't in Drake's circle? Because all of his counters to those questions are totally in the same vein as far right wing counters.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Blaise330 posted:

Hey WWE isn't going backwards with the women. I mean sure 5 of them got fired so they could hire Eva Marie whose gimmick is "I'm hot" and the main women's story of Raw with Alexa is "bitches be crazy" but still..... diva's revolution.

Don't forget Alexa is also a grown woman dressing and acting like a preteen girl for some reason.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Dango Bango posted:

Are we sure HHH wasn't in Drake's circle?

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

how the gently caress am i just now seeing the three Hs in this lovely logo

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

ehh. there is value to having good hands around to help work with and train the guys with star potential. see: curt hawkins, tye dillinger, cody rhodes.

I think they're more talking about people like Kona Reeves and Aliyah who have been in the warehouse for literally multiple US presidencies and still aren't good enough for TV. How are they still employed?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

This is such an indictment of those who have stayed in NXT for a long time. Who’s telling IO she’s not good enough and what does she lack that she is not “called up” to Smackdown or Raw?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

BBBBBIVENS

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Seams posted:

which goon said hhh spent the last 20 years playing irl crusader kings only to get owned by some business dipshit

me. Nick Khan has been there even less time than I thought so it's even more tragic

Karma Tornado posted:

it rules so much that they hired an actual business guy and he absolutely took over the whole dumb carnie operation in like twenty months while Triple H tried to play Crusader Kings in real life for three decades

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

If it wasn't 20 months ago I'd swear Vince saw 'Khan' whupping nXt in the ratings and decided to bring him on board.
Welcome to the big time Hunter.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MediaPlayerClassic posted:

how the gently caress am i just now seeing the three Hs in this lovely logo

I also just saw it and boy that sucks even more now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I wonder if it bothers HHH to have to talk to Dave more or less politely

HHH talks to Dave at least semi regularly. Was almost certainly the WWE side of the story when Mox left.