Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Real pros buy the shirt of the band that they’re seeing at the show and then put it on over whatever shirt they wore to the venue.

Doubly so if its a long sleeve over a short sleeve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Brute Squad posted:

still good advice. don't be that guy.

What's wrong with bandshirts

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I think the point is to not wear their shirt to a concert? I dunno, I never do but mostly because I want to buy a shirt at the show.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nothing if it's a good band.

I wish I still had the tshirt I bought when I saw Whitney Houston in '99, but that got thrown out with a bunch of other poo poo when I was married when she purged a bunch of my poo poo, like my autographed copy of Operation Desert Stormy.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/abeaujon/status/1403439257772085253?s=19

Way to go Limey bastards being cheap and dumb

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nothing, band shirts are great. You don't GO to the a live show wearing the bandshirt of the band you're going to go see. You wear another band shirt.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

CainFortea posted:

Nothing, band shirts are great. You don't GO to the a live show wearing the bandshirt of the band you're going to go see. You wear another band shirt.

This never made sense to me.

Why wouldn't I wear the shirt of the band I'm there to see? Why would I advertise a different band at their show?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Milo and POTUS posted:

CainFortea posted:

yeah. be a fan, not a stan. it's ok if you buy a shirt there to support the band.

in the end, it really doesn't matter, you do you. nobody should really give a poo poo. it's still a funny joke imho.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Never really got the joke. Doesn’t seem like an obsessive thing to do

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

bulletsponge13 posted:

Why wouldn't I wear the shirt of the band I'm there to see? Why would I advertise a different band at their show?

I don't know if it's a thing to understand, it simply is a thing.

Also the bit joke in PCU about it is kinda funny.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

It's like making fun of people who wear Crocs. Like, yes they deserve ridicule but it doesn't really matter.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

https://twitter.com/SamDwyerthered/status/1403448210966843396

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Good old TBOTP.

https://twitter.com/JStantonDC/status/1403446286204948482

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Ah, so an analog NFT. How quaint.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

bulletsponge13 posted:

It's just another dumb scenester elitism thing I reckon, it's lame as hell. These guys are okay I guess but I prefer other band :rolleyes:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I tend (or, tended, back in the Before Times when concerts were a thing) to wear the shirt I bought at the last concert then buy a shirt and put it on before the house lights go down.

It gets a bit tricky (and warm) when there are multiple opening acts though.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Kazinsal posted:

I tend (or, tended, back in the Before Times when concerts were a thing) to wear the shirt I bought at the last concert then buy a shirt and put it on before the house lights go down.

It gets a bit tricky (and warm) when there are multiple opening acts though.

These rules seem complicated. Id rather just be been seen as a dork.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

If you wear a t-shirt from a previous tour (metallica for example) it's more acceptable

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm just here to listen to the band and do a flawless mosh pit run c'mon

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Whole lotta people ITT don’t seem to care about getting Scene Points and it shows.

Next you’ll be telling me that ska isn’t cool anymore. :laffo:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Ska will forever be cool.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CainFortea posted:

It's like making fun of people who wear Crocs. Like, yes they deserve ridicule but it doesn't really matter.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Ska will fornever be cool.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Ska was never cool.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

You wear a white tee shirt to the pit and hold onto your new tour shirt so it doesn’t get ripped to poo poo. Upon leaving you take off your gross pit stained shirt toss it and put on the fresh shirt to go home in.

This isn’t rocket science nerds.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I saw Stormtroopers of Death in 99 where do I redeem my scene points

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Crab Dad posted:

You wear a white tee shirt to the pit and hold onto your new tour shirt so it doesn’t get ripped to poo poo. Upon leaving you take off your gross pit stained shirt toss it and put on the fresh shirt to go home in.

I would never throw away a shirt

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

maffew buildings posted:

I saw Stormtroopers of Death in 99 where do I redeem my scene points

P sure I saw them that same year

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Is the Boris Bike anything like the Homer Car?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Crab Dad posted:

You made this up, what kinda pit are you in that you could just hold onto a shirt and have it still be fresh and clean by the end :colbert:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

MA-Horus posted:

Ska was never cool.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIoFzCKM2Mo

Stravag fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 12, 2021

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

You made this up, what kinda pit are you in that you could just hold onto a shirt and have it still be fresh and clean by the end :colbert:

Just what else are you suppose to do with the shirt you bought earlier? I’ll let my ribs get broken before I let go of my new shirt(and have).

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

MA-Horus posted:

Ska was never cool.

Ska will forever be exactly as cool as it was in its heyday.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

E- CJ Pearson getting schooled. He is somehow worse than Little Ben.

https://youtu.be/ZWLdG_tKqbY

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Some of it is pretty embarrassing to listen to, and hasn't aged well (the popular bosstones album, and some of the early 3rd wave stuff like skankin pickle) but all the Rancid albums are still good, and I have a soft spot for Less Than Jake.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Excuse me.

https://youtu.be/h0rSYEoBMYM

Honestly that video, from April 12th 2020, helped me quite a bit in the early days of the pandemic.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Sang "Drunk Again" by Reel Big Fish at the laundromat because of this dumb thread.

Epiphyte
Apr 7, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

Excuse me.

https://youtu.be/h0rSYEoBMYM

Honestly that video, from April 12th 2020, helped me quite a bit in the early days of the pandemic.
poo poo, now I gotta go play some Tony Hawk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

This thread right now-
https://youtu.be/1IYQznBD8oI