Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
It sure is harder to have a LAN party now with all the different game services and the way online games work. We all got game pass so we could play Titanfall 2. EA Desktop is such trash that you can't even invite friends through it though. One person has the game on Origin so he could friend us and invite to a private game luckily. Another guy has it on Steam and has to launch through Origin but that's another story of course. TF2 is just one example where you can't progress through private games though.

We also tried Killing Floor 2 but some had on EGS and some on Steam. The Steam guy could see all friends and invite but the EGS can't see Steam. Also, you can just host a LAN game or even a private game that works.

L4D just makes it so easy just like the games of the past. It's a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
everyone in here posting all these asian sounding foods i've never heard of, me and i'm just sitting at the back by myself thinking "i like hamburgers"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

JollyBoyJohn posted:

everyone in here posting all these asian sounding foods i've never heard of, me and i'm just sitting at the back by myself thinking "i like hamburgers"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Asia makes the best food and the best cartoons, but the best video games? That’s europe’s department

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Asia makes the best food and the best cartoons, but the best video games? That’s europe’s department
Except when it's balut.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Naw Naw Asia has the best games, and Cartoons and Euro's the food. Don't take that from them it's all they got

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In heaven the cooks are Turkish, the video games are Korean, and the anime is Japanese

In hell the cooks are English, the video games are American, and the anime is also Japanese

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Simone Magus posted:

thank you whoever bought me the avatar, i guess? who is it haha

New character from upcoming mario rabbids game

https://i.imgur.com/BBadfDt.mp4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

She's called Original-character-do-not-steal Rabbid

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Wildtortilla posted:

My buddy gave me his PS4 and God of War today. Game’s pretty good!

I realized that I only ever looked at the PS4 as a means to play GoW, Bloodborne, and Tetris Effect. Any other standout exclusives I should look out for? I’ve somehow managed to remain awfully ignorant about the PS4 and it’s games.

THIRTEEN SENTINELS

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
are rabbids gaming minions

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeh

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Post your favourite boomer rabbit memes

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

modding the evil genius minions to be the funny minions and they all say like wubba zubba or whatever

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

oddium posted:

modding the evil genius minions to be the funny minions and they all say like LIVE LAUGH LOVE or DON'T TALK TO ME BEFORE I'VE HAD MY COFFEE

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Alan Smithee posted:

Rabbids predate minions by several years so minions are movie rabbids.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it doesnt matter which order they came out. theyre minions

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They're servebots

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jesus christ Marie, they're henchmen!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Jesus christ Marie, they're menials!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1404063061422575617?s=20

E: Tweet was deleted, but it looked like a Dead Island 2 trailer had been posted early and it was set for release this year, but it might have been fake.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1403753949228896256

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've been reading about the Four Job Fiesta and decided to give FFV another try. I don't have the discipline for a Fiesta run but it's a fun game. I'm about to do the Water Shrine.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Finished Critters For Sale, the game that sets out to answer the question "what if you gave Suda51 a brutal hangover and a copy of Hypercard"

I liked it, but it moves a bit too fast to really give much substance to the weirdness - I found that totally forgiveable, though, because it absolutely nails the style

One slightly annoying thing is that the episodes are technically playable in any order, but you can't finish Dragon without knowledge from the other episodes

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I get the impression I'm nearly done with Prey

Got to Alex's office, found his escape pod but not the keycard to use it, have deep storage and the crew quarters to go.

Killed "the Nightmare" which was... a lot easier than I expected it to be tbh, first time around it stomped me but this time it was maybe 10? shotgun shells total and I took exactly 100 hp of damage fighting it

Any recommendations of places to go? I started on crew quarters and I'm tazing a lot of people - am I supposed to do something to save them when they're unconscious?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tithin posted:

Any recommendations of places to go? I started on crew quarters and I'm tazing a lot of people - am I supposed to do something to save them when they're unconscious?

Tazing them is enough to count as saving them.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Alan Smithee posted:

Minions are movie Rabbids :colbert:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kiwami 2 is so loving good, holy poo poo.

They pulled out this banger for a building raid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiYXRntQZB4

And then Kazuma Kiryu, who has never killed a man, proceeded to throw an assassin out a 4th Floor window.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rubber ground

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

drat, wanna feel old? Resident Evil 8 came out nearly two months ago

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Infinitum posted:

Kiwami 2 is so loving good, holy poo poo.

They pulled out this banger for a building raid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiYXRntQZB4

And then Kazuma Kiryu, who has never killed a man, proceeded to throw an assassin out a 4th Floor window.

The guy who was the inspiration for Omar on The Wire jumped out of a 4th story window and lived

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That must have been a rubber mallet I used to pile drive that guys head through the concrete then :thunk:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 13, 2021

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Khanstant posted:

Speaking of mechs, saw that they invented a MechWarrior 5 today. Anyone played it, any good? I watched one video of it and it looked exactly how I remember Ghost Bear Legacy looking then I watched a video of Ghost Bear Legacy and it looked so much worse. Don't got a joystick and don't plan on buying one, is it still the kind of thing that will suck without one?

I've been playing Mechwarrior 5 and having a blast honestly. I'm playing in co-op so I know I'm avoiding the terrible squad AI, but the game just feels generally solid. I think most people's complaints on it have to do with a general lack of customization compared to previous MechWarriors, and I can't really comment on that, having not played them. I personallly feel like there's a pretty wide range of mechs and a lot of room to customize them.

Playing with mouse and keyboard too, and honestly it feels fine.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Kiwami 2 is so fuckin good

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

tithin posted:

Got to Alex's office, found his escape pod but not the keycard to use it, have deep storage and the crew quarters to go.

Killed "the Nightmare" which was... a lot easier than I expected it to be tbh, first time around it stomped me but this time it was maybe 10? shotgun shells total and I took exactly 100 hp of damage fighting it

you are not nearly done with prey. but keep exploring crew quarters for now, at this point you want to be tracking down danielle so you can get into deep storage iirc? and crew quarters is where you want to be for that

lih fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 13, 2021

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Was there an E3 thread this year or, much like ESA itself, have we given up on E3?

Wow I’m stupid it’s like two threads below this one

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Starfield teaser leaked early. Releasing November 11, 2022 for Xbox Series X|S, and PC.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

tithin posted:

it will be very clear when you're almost done, just keep poking around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I said come in! posted:

Starfield teaser leaked early. Releasing November 11, 2022 for Xbox Series X|S, and PC.

11/11..... 11 years after skyrim..........