Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I mean it doesn’t help that Vince is sundowning when the show is being finalized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Drakkel posted:

Both matches are gonna be less than 3 minutes and will probably involve Charlotte/Rhea either DQ'ing the other's matches or distracting them into fluke roll-up losses. This will be followed up next week by a tag team match between Charlotte/Rhea and Nikki/Asuka where either Charlotte or Rhea will attack their teammate and end the match with a DQ in less than 2 minutes.

Raw's creative team might as well be a copy machine at this point.

This is the go home show for Hell in a Cell. So it would be even funnier if both lose on the path to Hell in a Cell, but it won't happen.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I think they edited it out of the Youtube upload but

This was barely days after Crown Jewel and a little over a month after what happened with Khashoggi

Don't forget that at Crown Jewel after Baron Corbin lost whatever match he was in he was interviewed backstage and angrily said "Heads will roll".

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Drakkel posted:

Both matches are gonna be less than 3 minutes and will probably involve Charlotte/Rhea either DQ'ing the other's matches or distracting them into fluke roll-up losses. This will be followed up next week by a tag team match between Charlotte/Rhea and Nikki/Asuka where either Charlotte or Rhea will attack their teammate and end the match with a DQ in less than 2 minutes.

Raw's creative team might as well be a copy machine at this point.

Best women's roster in the world!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Hoss Corncave posted:

Don't forget that at Crown Jewel after Baron Corbin lost whatever match he was in he was interviewed backstage and angrily said "Heads will roll".

He was trying to warn the fans what was going to
happen to them if they didn’t get their plane out of there.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

Of course everyone's going to quote my last post cause they want to be cool

What are you going to do if I don't, spit in my face?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1404602643977322502?s=19

Goddamn this is a bad name.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I mean, look at her character

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1404602319233224705?s=20

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
oh my god

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
“Viper was a killer, in Stardom she was a killer. You made her a joke!”

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Eva....and Doudrop in all the glory
https://streamable.com/6qi6ux

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I think she worked a really solid squash. Finsher looked great. Never seen her before

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I loved Viper in Stardom

This is what I get for liking wrestlers

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Digital Jedi posted:

The "I'm just happy Eva Marie is here" at the end.

Feels so much like it was a fed line. A line designed to make the audience realize that yes, the woman on the outside is indeed the supremely beautiful and important person that we should all be caring about. Not the newcomer, with a distinctive look, that just beat a former champion decisively, and seems to smile and have an actual personality. No, the skinny girl that did nothing, and couldn't even look annoyed realistically, she is the important and relevant one. She is the one you like.

edit: I just noticed the announcer never says her name. So maybe they aren't set on using DouDrop. Which shows the lack of thought and care that WWE puts into it's performers. Send a debutant out there, without a set name, and after she wins decisively, try to make the angle/story/moment about someone else.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 15, 2021

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
God, that presentation is so loving bad and they're doing the "WHO IS THIS?! WHO COULD THIS POSSIBLY BE?!"

It's loving Piper Niven. Just say it's Piper Niven.

I mean, it was a fun squash, but good lord, can they just get out of their own way for once.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DOU-DROP

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Digital Jedi posted:

When you only consume WWE through clips like this, one might get the impression that their commentary is terrible.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This makes me so profoundly sad.

From someone who cut one of the most emotionally affecting promos I’ve ever heard to… Doudrop

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

When you only consume WWE through clips like this, one might get the impression that their commentary is terrible.

I was actually really impressed Jimmy Smith said "Michinoku Driver".

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MJeff posted:

God, that presentation is so loving bad and they're doing the "WHO IS THIS?! WHO COULD THIS POSSIBLY BE?!"

It's loving Piper Niven. Just say it's Piper Niven.

I mean, it was a fun squash, but good lord, can they just get out of their own way for once.
It's incredibly funny that apparently the commentators don't even watch the shows. It's not like Piper hasn't appeared in WWE before, she was at the MYC and on NXT UK for a long time.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MJeff posted:

I was actually really impressed Jimmy Smith said "Michinoku Driver".

Bet he gets an earful for t.saying the name of a guy who doesn’t work there anymore.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Oh no this loving sucks

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

We don’t even know if Doudrop is the name. Some dude just tweeted that. Even if it is, to me, someone who has no idea who she is, I thought she had an impressive debut.

Also the Peacock app has avatars you use for your profile, they have three WWE ones of three different Superstars and no one here will guess which three correctly without cheating.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's awkward commentary, but I think it would have been a bigger suspension of disbelief if WWE announcers knew who an NXT UK wrestler was

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Eat My Fuc posted:

Also the Peacock app has avatars you use for your profile, they have three WWE ones of three different Superstars and no one here will guess which three correctly without cheating.

Sasha Banks, Roman Reigns, Asuka.

Also Doudrop is likely the name they are going with. Sean Ross Sapp is generally very reliable with this stuff.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

We don’t even know if Doudrop is the name. Some dude just tweeted that. Even if it is, to me, someone who has no idea who she is, I thought she had an impressive debut.

Three losers I scrolled past looking for Jack McCoy, before grumbling and settling on Stabler?

xbilkis posted:

It's awkward commentary, but I think it would have been a bigger suspension of disbelief if WWE announcers knew who an NXT UK wrestler was

Smith, maybe, but Corey Graves is supposed to at least theoretically know his poo poo.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Sasha Banks, Roman Reigns, Asuka.

I know you cheated because that’s the order they appear and all! For shame!

I was surprised to see Asuka but that’s pretty cool.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Eat My Fuc posted:

john cena, hulk hogan, and andre the giant

e: rats

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

MJeff posted:

Three losers I scrolled past looking for Jack McCoy, before grumbling and settling on Stabler?

Smith, maybe, but Corey Graves is supposed to at least theoretically know his poo poo.

Stabler rules. Law and Order SVU and Organized Crime are the only good crime dramas on TV.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Stabler rules. Law and Order SVU and Organized Crime are the only good crime dramas on TV.

I just miss Classic so much. :(

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

MJeff posted:

I just miss Classic so much. :(

So glad I have all season from :filez: many years ago.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15268642/wwe-lana-release-vince-mcmahon-whistleblow/

Lana says she’s got some tea to spill on WWE and Vince

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm glad he's back

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Did nobody learn from the mistakes of CM Punk?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Add hypnotize people to the LORE OF ALEXA
https://streamable.com/rf7ety

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I just don't get why they brought Eva back, it's not like she was a star during her first run, it's not like she can wrestle, it's not like they don't already employ dozens of beautiful women. Her hair did look incredible, I'm not even gonna lie.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

JT Smiley posted:

I just don't get why they brought Eva back, it's not like she was a star during her first run, it's not like she can wrestle, it's not like they don't already employ dozens of beautiful women. Her hair did look incredible, I'm not even gonna lie.

Want a hint why? Bruce Prichard has the book now.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ToruYanoFanAcct/status/1404622027999305729?s=19

How do grown adults watch this

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

I cannot wait until they're putting this poo poo on before crowds again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raw https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/wwe-raw-live-results-hell-cell-go-home-show-344051

Alexa Bliss put Lily in timeout as punishment for what she did to Shayna Baszler. Nia Jax tells Alexa Shayna wants a match at HIAC, and wonders what happened to Alexa. Nia/Alexa later tonight
Nikki Cross defeats Charlotte via countout after Charlotte gets distracted by Rhea Ripley on commentary. Postmatch Charlotte kicks Nikki's rear end, but Rhea stops Charlotte from doing the figure 8
Jeff Hardy tells Riddle he should be listening to Randy Orton when he tries to give advice on how to win. Riddle apologizes to Orton, and Orton says Riddle should just be himself, as much as that may suck
John Morrison defeats Jeff Hardy clean despite delivering a pre-match attack with the drip stick. Postmatch Cedric Alexander, upset about last week's loss to Jeff, wishes he retired Jeff; Jeff says he'll retire if Cedric beats him in a match right now
Jeff defeats Cedric again after Cedric gets cocky and tries hitting a Swanton
Piper Niven defeats Naomi in Piper's main roster debut, in what was billed throughout as Eva Marie's return match, in a complete one-minute squash. Postmatch Eva announces herself as the winner as Piper and Eva celebrate
Natalya and Tamina training too loud interrupts Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke's photoshoot; the champs say they didn't get this far by focusing on beauty over talent, the challengers say Natalya and Tamina got there via their last names more than talent. A brawl ensues
Drew McIntyre tells Scottish history to a bored announcer and says he has a strategy to win back the belt
RKBro defeat New Day; Randy Orton defeats Xavier Woods. Riddle celebrates
Rhea Ripley defeats Asuka again. Postmatch Charlotte attacks Rhea, officials separate the brawl
Bobby Lashley says McIntyre deserves what he gets in HIAC for asking for that match, and promises to execute Drew and mount his head on a stick
Alexa defeats Nia by DQ; Alexa had the match won easily but Reginald pulled her off. Postmatch Alexa hypnotizes Reginald but Nia chases her off
MVP says Kofi's wasting his career like this. Kofi says he'll never give up his friends. MVP leaves after making fun of him not being booked for the PPV
Jaxson Ryker defeats Elias by countout after Elias walks out
Drew McIntyre defeats AJ Styles by DQ after Lashley interferes. Early in the match Drew gets distracted by Omos and Lashley, so Viking Raiders come out to even the odds. Eventually Drew beats up Lashley, so when Lashley recovers he brawls with Drew, forcing the DQ. Postmatch Drew and Viking Raiders beat up Lashley
Drew and Viking Raiders defeat Styles, Omos and Lashley; Drew pins Lashley. Omos destroys the Viking Raiders so Drew has nobody to tag in, but Lashley gets distracted by Styles accidentally tagging him in instead of Omos. Drew immediately Claymores Lashley

There's a PPV Sunday, Hell in a Cell
Bobby Lashley defends the WWE title against Drew McIntyre in Hell in a Cell; it's Drew's last chance to win the belt from Lashley
Roman Reigns defends the Universal title against Rey Mysterio in Hell in a Cell
Rhea Ripley defends the Raw women's title against Charlotte
Bianca Belair defends the SD women's title against Bayley
Alexa Bliss vs Shayna Baszler