Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So a little of both then, good to know.

To be honest I’ve only ever experienced the first game via Let’s Plays and the anime as I missed out on the DS version and had to abandon the Switch version because it was too awkward to play with just my fingers (unless the TV Mode option works a little better controls wise).

Was the mobile port any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is the treehouse stuff done and over with or are they still doing stuff?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Walla posted:

Seriously, I would love to have an avatar of this without the white space. I just don't have the skills.

Our family is celebrating Pride all month with pins and streamers and wristbands.
Here you go! :sparkles:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

Is the treehouse stuff done and over with or are they still doing stuff?

Don't know about the rest of the week, but it seems like they're done for today, but everything they covered is it's own video on their youtube channel.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Today I learned that Adele has apparently ruined the word hello for me forever.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I can’t hear “the day after tomorrow” without thinking of the film from 2004, what a poisonous movie

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i am so goddamn excited to play the demo for monster hunter stories 2 next week

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I have never played a metroid before, which ones are 'must-play'?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Walla posted:

Seriously, I would love to have an avatar of this without the white space. I just don't have the skills.

Our family is celebrating Pride all month with pins and streamers and wristbands.

Grouchio posted:

Here you go! :sparkles:

this had a few little artifacts on the dark mode bg, cleared em

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

redreader posted:

Other M, Federation Forces, and maybe Hunters are the real standouts

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

redreader posted:

2D or FPS? Pretty different.

Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are probably the best starting places IMO.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

redreader posted:

Zero Mission, Super Metroid and Prime 1.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Gaius Marius posted:

Other M, Federation Forces, and maybe Hunters are the real standouts

you bastard

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Khanstant posted:

this had a few little artifacts on the dark mode bg, cleared em

I absolutely love you and Grouchio now. Thanks!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Willo567 posted:

you bastard

I said they stood out, not how they stood out.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

redreader posted:

Metroid Pinball

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

To actually touch on video games, Metroid Dread might actually get me to buy a Metroid game. Also I was given a Nintendo gift card as an early Father's Day present so I think I'm finally going to buy Slay the Spire and maybe a 3DS game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
IIRC people have said Metroid Prime Pinball is legitimately a good game as far as pinball-themed spinoffs of game franchises go

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FirstAidKite posted:

IIRC people have said Metroid Prime Pinball is legitimately a good game as far as pinball-themed spinoffs of game franchises go

I had a good time with it when it came out

Needs more tables though

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
With metroid dread on the table I'm wondering if we'll ever see prime 1.5 resurface in a future game such as, say, idk, prime 4

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
All the Metroids are good except Other M

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I remember really convincing myself that Hunters was good back in the day. I think I was just swept up in the hype of the DS and found excuses for all of the launch titles (including Project Rub). I told myself it was my fault that playing Hunters turned my hand into a misshapen claw because I hadn't correctly worked out how to utilize the power of dual screen.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

redreader posted:

super metroid, metroid fusion, zero mission. either the better metroid 2 remake am2r or if not then the 3ds one is fine.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
Metroid Dread should be a Nintendo/2000AD collab.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Stux posted:

super metroid, metroid fusion, zero mission. either the better metroid 2 remake am2r or if not then the 3ds one is fine.

stev posted:

Zero Mission, Super Metroid and Prime 1.

Zaphod42 posted:

2D or FPS? Pretty different.

Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are probably the best starting places IMO.

Thanks!

Super metroid it is, it seems. Yeah I was around and gaming during the snes/nes era but I didn't have access to those so I missed a lot of gaming stuff. I'll try Super Metroid when I have some time.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

super is a snes game and will demand you explore on your own and figure stuff out. fusion is a lot more modernised and directed if you prefer thaht

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Jay Rust posted:

I can’t hear “the day after tomorrow” without thinking of the film from 2004, what a poisonous movie

Let me check my calendar. Oh, I can't make it then I have to bobsled cross country to save my son. Yeah, He's buried under the New York snowcap, it's rough business.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ChickenMedium posted:

Metroid Dread should be a Nintendo/2000AD collab.

Hasn’t Dread been in development hell since way back in the GBA days? I recall seeing some beta screenshots of a game with the same name a long time ago.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I liked the scene where Jacob Gyllenhall was running from ice like it was a slasher movie.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

redreader posted:

Super Metroid is one of the best video games ever made, like easily top 10. So absolutely that one. Metroid Prime is also amazing.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Now that all this 'E3' business is done with we can get back to what's important.

LEGEND OF MANA REMASTER COMES OUT NEXT WEEK

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Made my first batch of chicken today and while it is good, I am definitely going back to unload the entire 70% of the rest of the peppers into the batch. I took the advice of adding in more spices than the recipe listed and I can definitely taste the extra garlic which is nice, but I wanna feel the burn on these

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Crocomire did nothing wrong and Samus should be arrested for what she did to them.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

Hasn’t Dread been in development hell since way back in the GBA days? I recall seeing some beta screenshots of a game with the same name a long time ago.

Sakamoto did an interview and got asked about this specifically and Dread was more of a nonstarter. First on the DS and canceled because the DS wasn't capable of what they wanted, a second unspecified time that also got canceled, and now here we are the third time with an almost complete game that's releasing in a few months.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I assume they had Dread on the shelf while Other M was in production, and then the next opportunity would've been the Wii U, which... well..............

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afUI8nIrGgI

They said they project has been scraped twice in the past

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

So after that one Fire Emblem game with the good art on Steam was apparently not good at all, I saw Dark Deity which came out today. Someone on Twitch I was following that I didn't recognize at all was playing it - turns out it was Kpoptosis, an old Dota2 production guy who now works for the publisher. The rundown he gave showed that the game had a lot of good ideas - no permadeath, but if a character dies they get a permanent stat debuff based on the attack that hit them, so there's an actual decision to make instead of just "oh someone died mandatory restart." You get bonus rewards for clearing maps faster to give you some incentive to not just stall every single fight for a million turns to play 100% safe, exacy stat gain aptitudes are just shown to you outright, character skills and class skills, just sounds like a lot of good design decisions

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1374840/Dark_Deity/

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Metroid Fusion leans a little into the Will Not Shut the gently caress Up category, beware

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
It does however manage to avoid the "the way to progress of to blow up a wall that is made of the same tiles as normal walls" or "the way to progress is to jump into lava that is actually fake but you only know this once you jump into it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah super Metroid is better