Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

KozmoNaut posted:

My girlfriend and I are looking at apartments, and came across this beautiful bathroom.

The rest of the apartment is completely generic 90s/00s style, but the bathroom is obviously original. That bathtub is just :discourse:

Beautiful Bathroom says trans rights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Looks like an old hospital washroom.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I love death stairs

https://imgur.com/gallery/1VR2pRb

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Ah, houses with stairs in which you are not protected.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Is it the light switches? Or the looking in the mirror as you take a crap?

Switches obviously, cabinet doors askew, flooring having repeats too close to each other, bathroom door opening outwards, exhaust fan above the sink, pot light, etc. The last one is personal taste, but the rest are generally not ideal.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Blistex posted:

Switches obviously, cabinet doors askew, flooring having repeats too close to each other, bathroom door opening outwards, exhaust fan above the sink, pot light, etc. The last one is personal taste, but the rest are generally not ideal.

No TP holder, and no handles on the cabinet doors.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hourglass silhouette seems extremely appropriate

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

KozmoNaut posted:

My girlfriend and I are looking at apartments, and came across this beautiful bathroom.

The rest of the apartment is completely generic 90s/00s style, but the bathroom is obviously original. That bathtub is just :discourse:

I love the curve up to it so stuff can't get caught in corners.

E: This used to be a highly-recommended feature for kitchen floors: run the curve of the linoleum up to the kick of the cabinets, so that there were no corners for dirt to be trapped in.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 16, 2021

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Arsenic Lupin posted:

E: This used to be a highly-recommended feature for kitchen floors: run the curve of the linoleum up to the kick of the cabinets, so that there were no corners for dirt to be trapped in.

It's a code requirement to have coved floors in a new commercial kitchen.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Blue Moonlight posted:

Ah, houses with stairs in which you are not protected.

Do you have stairs in your house?
Yes, I am in danger.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

KozmoNaut posted:

What is the floor? Textured lino?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Also you can use it as a quarterpipe with your Tech Decks while you take a poo poo

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

This one is just EVIL

LOL that it's been tripped over so forcefully that 2 of the tiles got ripped off

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Vim Fuego posted:

What is the floor? Textured lino?

Terrazzo, I think.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Guy Axlerod posted:

No TP holder, and no handles on the cabinet doors.

I gave those a pass since (imo) it's unfinished.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

KozmoNaut posted:

I hate that I've worked with bathroom and plumbing fittings long enough to make a decent geographic guess just based on a toilet and a radiator thermostat.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

As someone with larger feet (14 wide US) I always love looking at pics like these and estimating that maybe half my foot might fit on a step.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Detheros posted:

As someone with larger feet (14 wide US) I always love looking at pics like these and estimating that maybe half my foot might fit on a step.

I'd wager only half of your foot fits on most steps.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Closer to 70% but, yes, it sucks!

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

KozmoNaut posted:

I don't hate it?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

PurpleXVI posted:

I hate that I've worked with bathroom and plumbing fittings long enough to make a decent geographic guess just based on a toilet and a radiator thermostat.

How precise is your guess?

Armacham posted:

I don't hate it?

Neither do I, it's charming and I genuinely think the bathtub is cool.

(The swimmingly missing sink is roughly where the picture was taken from, along with a washer and dryer setup)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/DrNerdLove/status/1405355508287016961

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The link is being slow. Copy/paste

quote:

INVESTOR SPECIAL! This formerly majestic 5 bed/4 bath/3 car garage home was once the seller’s pride and joy. Now it’s every landlord’s nightmare and needs someone with firm resolve to appreciate its potential. If you dream of owning your own little slice of hell and turning it into a piece of heaven, then look no further! This house is not for the faint of heart but for that special person who can see through the rough diamond to the polished gem inside. As you enter, there are soaring ceilings and an open floor plan with a second-floor overlook. You will also notice there is not one surface of the home that has not been enhanced with black spray paint or a swinging hammer - damage done by an angry departing tenant who didn’t want to pay rent. But don’t let that slow you down. It’s not nearly as daunting as the freezer in the basement that’s full of meat and hasn’t had electricity to it for over a year. So be sure to wear your mask. Not for anyone else’s protection but your own. You may not be able to endure the smell if you don’t. The floorplan is wonderful and open. The main floor has a living room, dining room, kitchen with dining area, family room with fireplace, laundry, and main floor bedroom and bath. There is a walk-out to a back deck – but don’t go out there as the deck is not necessarily attached to the house in the manner you might hope. The upstairs has a catwalk, large master with soaking tub and dual sinks, plus two additional bedrooms and bath – all covered in black spray paint, vulgarities, and other substances which are no longer identifiable. The basement is amazing – or at least it will be once all the debris is cleared out, the floor coverings are replaced, and the obscenities are painted over. The home has AC and a radon mitigation system and sits on a large lot. Oh, and did I mention it’s in the pink of a geological landslide area? Come feast your senses. DO NOT GO ON BACK DECK. DO NOT OPEN FREEZER IN BASEMENT. See agent remarks.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Does insurance typically cover intentional catastrophic damage by tenants? Assuming that you were up front with your insurer that it's a rental property.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Crapper construction: DO NOT OPEN FREEZER

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Cw: animal abuse. Edit:I'm serious. Don't read if you love pets. I don't want to be too specific and cause unneeded harm.

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/06/...impression=true

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 17, 2021

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

KozmoNaut posted:

Neither do I, it's charming and I genuinely think the bathtub is cool.

(The swimmingly missing sink is roughly where the picture was taken from, along with a washer and dryer setup)

Washer AND dryer? That mostly rules out Czechia and Slovakia. The floor drain makes me think Finland, but I feel like old Finnish bathrooms would be more weird.

Poland?

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

There's construction near by me that is trying to destroy my sanity

this is from inside my closed office and the 30hz throb goes all fuckin day

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

dobbymoodge posted:

Washer AND dryer? That mostly rules out Czechia and Slovakia. The floor drain makes me think Finland, but I feel like old Finnish bathrooms would be more weird.

Poland?

Racism level is about right.

Denmark.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Oh there's a fun video walkthrough too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbadtmWh7Y4&t=2s

edit: honestly, it's a bunch of cosmetic damage to stuff that a flipper would have ripped out anyways. not a bad deal if the price is right.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 17, 2021

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

The article about that says the agent has already gotten 10 offers and dozens of calls, so basically excellent work turning a random lovely house into a viral sensation.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

FCKGW posted:

edit: honestly, it's a bunch of cosmetic damage to stuff that a flipper would have ripped out anyways. not a bad deal if the price is right.

I feel like the descriptions of the damage are really trying to bury the whole "pink landslide area" thing

Idgaf about some spray paint and a nasty old fridge, but the insurance on that thing is going to be a nightmare.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

KozmoNaut posted:

Well, the toilet is an Ifo Sign model, which has supreme market penetration in Denmark, which makes it a likely location, and the radiator thermostat looks very much like a Danfoss RA2990, which is what you'll find in basically any Danish home that's had any work done on its heating within the last 20 years.

It could be somewhere else in Scandinavia, I suppose, I don't know if they're just as common in Norway and Sweden, but Denmark/Scandinavia is my guess.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Wish I hadn't read that re: animals

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

DrPossum posted:

Wish I hadn't read that re: animals

Yeah.... me neither, sorry. It threw me off yesterday when I read it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://twitter.com/thebestofzillow/status/1405355121291182087

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/119-Leons-Rd-Hoffmeister-NY-13353/305242440_zpid/?utm_medium=referral

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

FCKGW posted:

i'm the five circa mid-2000s era DVRs

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

pleased to meet you, please record Ally McBeal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

that is a very impressive way to crash and burn as a small-time landlord. like they would be in the running for a medal at the landlording disaster olympics