Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
one save for for me thanks, unless there's a really cool boss or cutscene later i wanna see again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I'm towards the end of December of P5R, and at 100 hours. I cannot imagine ever playing this game again. Y'all are something for replaying this game multiple times.

I've kept a single save file for my duration because yolo (technically I have a second that is dozens of hours old that I made by accident)

i played through p5 and then ng+ and now i'm doing p5r yatta

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Jay Rust posted:

How many save files in a jrpg do you guys keep

Only one in any normal playthrough, unless I decide to do some experimental science or if I know a branching path is coming up that I want to be able to come back to later. Like in P5 I made a save in November to see if I did nothing but read books if it would be possible to finish them all, so I made a separate save where I played out that month and then reloaded my main save after I got the achievement. But otherwise, never, only one save.

oddium posted:

i played through p5 and then ng+ and now i'm doing p5r yatta

Same, P5R was my third playthrough

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I guess I am a masochist

Is controller memory gonna gently caress me over if I switch from Nioh 1 to 2 right now?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Grouchio posted:

Is controller memory gonna gently caress me over if I switch from Nioh 1 to 2 right now?

No, they're basically exactly the same game with some minor differences like how the skill tree unlocks work

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

How many save files in a jrpg do you guys keep

Two when I can so I can make sure I see the times after I save to make sure it saved because I'm extremely paranoid.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

I really wish people still played Pirates of the Burning Sea and it was still supported.

That game was loving rad. Sea of thieves just never had enough to do for me, its basically fortnite with boats.

An MMO with Sea of Thieves boat and ocean mechanics would rule.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

One, I like to live life on the edge

I was once like you.

And then I locked myself in Breath of Fire II's Highfort, oops.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

One save unless I'm playing a western RPG

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
As many saves as possible. Although I always start in slot 2 if it is a three slot based system. If it is more than three then I pick the slot second from the bottom.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No saves, ironman :twisted:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

xedo posted:

I was once like you.

And then I locked myself in Breath of Fire II's Highfort, oops.

Let me tell you about the time I savestated myself into an impossible job setup against the Fork Tower bosses in FF5 :negative:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

My memory card got corrupted when I first got Persona 3 and so I couldn't save the game and that was the most stressful eight hours of my life because I wasnt willing to stop

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i keep as many saves as possible, which is how i know the ps3 tales games give you 100 save slots

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Uhhhhhh speaking of softlocks

https://i.imgur.com/eyxXS9j.mp4

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jay Rust posted:

Uhhhhhh speaking of softlocks

https://i.imgur.com/eyxXS9j.mp4

IIRC police in Japan are nowhere near as bad as they are in the west. Still an impossible situation though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They generally don't have guns to shoot people with but they'll grab the closet person to a crime scene, 'find' some 'evidence' and then keep them locked up for a couple of days without needing to charge them with anything until they 'confess'.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Persona 5 is also about rebellion against authority

Like persona 4, it forgets its own thesis a lot

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

zero mission is the metroid 1 remake and 2 isn't good

wrong, am2r is really really good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

thats early on, dont think they want to call cops later

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Stux posted:

thats early on, dont think they want to call cops later

Well except in the ending when they decide to let the good cops solve everything

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Stux posted:

wrong, am2r is really really good

really good at violating intellectual property maybe

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

oddium posted:

thank you for standing up for ip rights

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

Well except in the ending when they decide to let the good cops solve everything

in the ending they have changed everyones collective heart, thats what has solved everything

oddium posted:

this only makes it cooler

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

That's very disappointing for an ending. Especially after what happens to the protag I mean he is convicted of a crime with zero proof, and then he is beaten up, tortured, and blackmailed by the cops. I don't like Persona 5 in general and bounced off the game a number of times, so never reached the ending.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

thank you for standing up for ip rights

Brave of oddium to speak up for corporations

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

oddium posted:

This is a non-issue though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Apparently royal replaced all of that stuff wholesale which was probably a good move because I don't know how you could make it thematically coherent

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I don't know how I originally found this video because it has 400 views and it was impossible for me to re-locate from Google but I have finally found it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq47ipNkzJA

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

if the metroid 2 guy is so good at making games maybe he should have made his own instead of stealing from an indie dev like nintendo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think thta reading of the ending is extremely uncharitable imo it wouldve been better and cooler if the game ended with all cops being disbanded etc. no can deny this. however it was also never going to end that way and the fictional idea of fixing everyones hearts so the cops arent evil is better than 90% of games manage anyway

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mount and Blade 2 is pretty fun and lmao that the simple rock is God's Own WMD

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

after 75 levels I think I’ve had my fill of Baba is You. Great game I just don’t need that much of it. that said, I honestly wish it had a mobile port.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Royal’s ending does a much better job of sticking the thesis imo

cheetah7071 posted:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Stux posted:

i think thta reading of the ending is extremely uncharitable imo it wouldve been better and cooler if the game ended with all cops being disbanded etc. no can deny this. however it was also never going to end that way and the fictional idea of fixing everyones hearts so the cops arent evil is better than 90% of games manage anyway

Ending on a letter writing campaign and asking your friend's sister, the Good Cop, to solve your problem is just so unspeakably lame that I would have preferred no coda at all tbh. Just, kill God roll credits would have been better imo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

wuggles posted:

Royal’s ending does a much better job of sticking the thesis imo

Would have been nice if this was the game from the start. The Royal edition really screws over everyone who bought the game originally, and at least invested a lot of time in the game even if they didn't finish it. Starting over again is a massive slog with Persona 5, plus it was another $60 at launch.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

Ending on a letter writing campaign and asking your friend's sister, the Good Cop, to solve your problem is just so unspeakably lame that I would have preferred no coda at all tbh. Just, kill God roll credits would have been better imo

we changed their hearts and the day was saved. if i needed every piece of media to align entirely w my political beliefs i would never enjoy anything

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

Would have been nice if this was the game from the start. The Royal edition really screws over everyone who bought the game originally, and at least invested a lot of time in the game even if they didn't finish it. Starting over again is a massive slog with Persona 5, plus it was another $60 at launch.

Yep. I think P4G gets away with it because it was a new platform and you can't just add stuff to a PS2 game but not offering Royal as DLC is an absolute dirt move, no matter how much stuff it ended up adding.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Sorry, the screen cap is from Strikers. I meant Royal’s last palace does a better job of hammering home the point than the base game’s coda (though the coda is still there after, mostly unchanged).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Stux posted:

we changed their hearts and the day was saved. if i needed every piece of media to align entirely w my political beliefs i would never enjoy anything

are you going to respond to the nintendo indie bit or not. breaking my back in the posting mines for what. feh ....