Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Karrion Kross, the fighting NXT champion, taking his belt wherever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

this feels like panic booking but we know they don't give a gently caress enough to panic about anything

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kross getting called up without jobbing would chef kiss on NXT being the minor league and Khan completely shattering any power HHH had

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Who did Kross defend his title against one on one?

Edit; that was a strange autocorrect

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 19, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Listening to the Fightful podcast, apparently Sami vs. Owens at HIAC got changed this afternoon, so it might not happen. Or it might. Who knows!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
yes, please call Kross up

I don't think I could ever stop watching this poo poo with how batshit crazy things change and the decisions they make. It's just all so bad I have to watch to see how worse it actually will be

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

TV Zombie posted:

Who did Kronstadt defend his title against one on one?

the bolsheviks but it didnt go too well

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Drakkel posted:

It would be absolutely amazing if they genuinely had Kross just destroy the entire NXT roster and then leave without putting anybody over.

The Asuka run but if the talent was way less talented, was only there for not even a calendar year of matches, and only needed four matches/two months to clean out the division instead of three years

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's fine everyone, Vince just things it's back in the early 2000s and Hunter got whatever haircut Kross has got.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TV Zombie posted:

Who did Kronstadt defend his title against one on one?

Please don't besmirch the Brave soldiers, sailors and workers who stood against Bolshevik totalitarianism and for a proper worker's state in 1921 like this

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Drakkel posted:

Sometimes I think about how ridiculous the in-storyline WWE company is portrayed.

It boggles the mind if you think about it for more than a nanosecond.

On Monday, you don’t have to be booked in a match to wrestle and win it. And Elias is repeatedly... not staying through the end of his matches. Is he paid either way? If so, why would any wrestler fight outside of a title match?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

projecthalaxy posted:

By far the funniest option is just like Sting and Stone Cold on the Brock/Kofi Smackdown, they just don't do the match for unknown reasons (million bonus points if they hang the cell for no reason) but then also don't run it at HIAC. Just poof gone.

Update: I forgot to add "and then Kross and Scarlett lights-out-appear at the end to confront Roman"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Drakkel posted:

Sometimes I think about how ridiculous the in-storyline WWE company is portrayed.

Like, within the fiction of the TV Show this is supposed to be a combat sports league like the UFC. Except they never book any matches, they just...turn the cameras on and hope enough of their employees have blood feuds going on to fill out 2 to 3 hours of live programming. And then, on the rare occasion the sports league actually bothers to schedule a fight for a big money show, one of the competitors makes a tweet going "gently caress you I'm doing it tonight instead" and the league is like "....yeah fine I guess we'll just not make any money from this fight then."

It boggles the mind if you think about it for more than a nanosecond.

Rey vs Roman HIAC kinda works because it, in theory, allows for Rey to legally murder Roman. And Rey has good cause to. Except Dominik's a grown rear end man and should handle this poo poo on his own.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i watched an old sammyvlog last night after i watched the one he posted this week and it was his from triplemania when he tagged with scarlet and she seemed like a cool person

shame shes wrapped up with that human dumpster atm

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

DLC Inc posted:

incredible to think that once upon a time ago, Shinsuke Nakamura was one of the most important people in New Japan, the man who unified the titles and brought NJPW into its new era while being flanked by all the young lions who would go on to define the company in the next few years.

You had to know that once he moved to wwe his ceiling was either Tajiri, Kaientai or somewhere in between. Just be happy he’s retired and surfing with only the occasional racist skit. Still better than Kairi fared. I’m a little sad but it’s not my life. God he was so good. Hopefully he saves his money so he never has to do the Virgil circuit.

You gotta almost respect how little they try and hide the grift. Not like companies will stop tossing them money or their fans will stop showing up… oh wait

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

DogsInSpace! posted:

You had to know that once he moved to wwe his ceiling was either Tajiri, Kaientai or somewhere in between. Just be happy he’s retired and surfing with only the occasional racist skit. Still better than Kairi fared. I’m a little sad but it’s not my life. God he was so good. Hopefully he saves his money so he never has to do the Virgil circuit.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
like I don't actually care, but it is very funny that there exists refutation of that Shinsuke Nakamura Narrative.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

DogsInSpace! posted:

Shinsuke has been wasted by WWE because he's one of the most effortlessly cool and charismatic men of his generation, but he's won the Rumble, IC & US titles, which is more than TAJIRI, TAKA & Funaki managed combined. Claiming his ceiling is TAJIRI is weird.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Dacap posted:

Just do a new King of the Ring! It’s such easy booking to fill up TV and create some new feuds

I could swear they kept the King Sheamus thing going way past the date for the next KOTR thing. If you want to look into king Corbin's future, look at Sheamus.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Corbin is going to overthrow the monarchy after the next king of the ring and become first Consul Corbin.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
WHO SAID I'M HAPPY!? BECAUSE I AM!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

karmicknight posted:

Corbin is going to overthrow the monarchy after the next king of the ring and become first Consul Corbin.

And then The Andrew King Takuma comes out to beat them all up and prove 2AW > WWE

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWE isn't the end goal with Nakamura, its getting a nice bit of cash and returning to Japan to either start his own dojo or other small business. ONe of these contract renewals will come up and he'll be all "smell yah later gramps" and he's back home to a hero's welcome.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Great Karmic… now I’m sad. The only reason I was less annoyed is because I thought he was happy. Him just putting up with it is depressing. Reminds of this one old American goon who got tossed out from his job after 20 years and his response was “it is what it is.” Still think Shinsuke’s amazing and now I want to see him unretire and wrestle in another company.

forkboy84 posted:

Shinsuke has been wasted by WWE because he's one of the most effortlessly cool and charismatic men of his generation, but he's won the Rumble, IC & US titles, which is more than TAJIRI, TAKA & Funaki managed combined. Claiming his ceiling is TAJIRI is weird.

Wow…I’d forgotten all of that as in clips nobody mentions it and he just seems like yet another midcarder. Agreed on him having more effortlessly cool charisma in his thumb than most can even imagine. Still put his in ring abilities up there as well… which is why his matches with AJ sucking blew my mind. One company? MoTY. WWE? Boring until ball punching tennis… which was repeated for months.

Tajiri was awesome and always seemed like a legit threat in the ring, even if he had silly butler skits right before. He looked like murder. Shin is also amazing but nothing in wwe feels that distinct from any other midcard guy. Granted just my personal take, but if I was making a “best of” clip for him the only wwe moment I would include is his first appearance with the theme. I don’t even recall if his match with DBry was good.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 19, 2021

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

to be fair, if I had to put up with AJ Styles in close proximity for nearly a decade, I'd want to punch him in the dick almost constantly too.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1406031931813158913

trying out for Vince

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
To be fair, they're on some sort of weird cycle for Kings of the Ring. It stopped being annual in 2002, and when it came back in May 2006 Booker T won and kept "King Booker" going for well over a year, up until the point where he left WWE for TNA in the fall of 2007. He even did some weird Idi Amin thing for the early part of his TNA run.

KOTR came back in April 2008 and William Regal won it, but his King-dom lasted barely a month before he got Wellness'ed and was no longer King upon his return.

In November 2010 Sheamus won it and the gimmick was gone by February 2011.

Wade Barrett won the 2015 KOTR in April 2015 and was billed as King Barrett for the rest of his tenure in the WWE, which was just under a year.

Finally, Baron Corbin won the most recent King of the Ring in September 2019, and as of this writing is still doing a King Corbin gimmick.

At 641 days, it's unquestionably the longest King gimmick of the modern era: King Harley Race lasted 693 days, and Macho King went 502 days, making it one of the only other Year+ Kingship. I guess you could argue that Bret Hart was "King of the Ring" for 1016 days as he won both the 1991 and 1993 tournaments (there was no 1992 KOTR) and was therefore reigning King until Owen Hart won the 1994 tournament, but unlike everyone else mentioned in this post he didn't have a King gimmick.

We'll see if Baron can outlast Harley Race!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Can't wait to see how Vince gets excited for a new Otis in Bronson Reed

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

For the "HHH is happy with how things are going, actually," crowd, this is the first time he hasn't even gotten to have his new pet project on his roster for a whole year before a callup was discussed behind his back

Khan has so thoroughly surpassed HHH in barely 10 months of power, and there's nothing he can do :yeshaha:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vince is going to pair Bronson with Scarlett

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jfc, vince just make them wrestle each other in your office like a normal person.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

please, handicap NXT by calling up its top champions all at once for a second time

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Package them together for a Covid-belief odd-couple tag team. Bronson comes out in a mask with his vax card laminated on a lanyard around his neck, tries to maintain 6 feet of distance from Kross who just comes up and hugs him before they walk ou

Also my headcannon is that Vince is raising NXT’s top guys as retribution for Trips undercutting the Samoa Joe firing

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

nick khan rules

death to nxt

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I suddenly think of HHH's crap attack the other week about how fans keep trying to spoil themselves by trying to find out what is going to happen. lol WWE doesn't know what is going to happen next!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

There's still going to be A hell in a cell match on the PPV though right?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
WWE has achieved its final form, where the gimmick match setting itself is a bigger star than the wrestlers

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
lmao

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Kunabomber posted:

WWE has achieved its final form, where the gimmick match setting itself is a bigger star than the wrestlers

lol. It's not like... how dare WWE put on a good match on Smackdown instead of USA. It's why didn't you use that big dumb red cage on Smackdown instead of Raw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Kunabomber posted: