Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Wheeee posted:

the good news: there exists a planetary federation of dozens of species from our galactic neighborhood, they believe humanity is almost ready to be made aware of this broader reality, and once we get our house in order we'll be invited to join

the bad news: the federation is currently on the losing end of a millennia-long interstellar war of extermination

lol at the federation is bringing us in solely for our unfathomable bloodlust and destructive capabilities. They'll pair our imagination with their magical tech and just unleash us in a direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Are we the Krogan?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
They had the balls for total nuclear warfare

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The Demilich posted:

lol at the federation is bringing us in solely for our unfathomable bloodlust and destructive capabilities. They'll pair our imagination with their magical tech and just unleash us in a direction.

Do what you're good at

OrangéJéllo
Aug 31, 2001

The Demilich posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Damned_Trilogy

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

The Protagonist posted:

buddy i hope you never read about America's nuclear weapons strategic planning history because woo boy

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

The Demilich posted:

they're gonna find ways to interstellar gerrymander us out of any actual power in the federation, and most of earth won't even notice because we're used to things being that way. the few of us that do will either think they're doing the right thing or go take over an interstellar wildlife refuge visitor center.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Wheeee posted:

the good news: there exists a planetary federation of dozens of species from our galactic neighborhood, they believe humanity is almost ready to be made aware of this broader reality, and once we get our house in order we'll be invited to join

the bad news: the federation is currently on the losing end of a millennia-long interstellar war of extermination

how do we join the winning side?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Protagonist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdyWnQ8FGpg&t=179s

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

when judgement day comes your post history will be taken into account, in addition you will be forced to read it aloud in front of the galactic tribunal.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nichael posted:

Are we the Krogan?

We are the universe's marine corps

god help us

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

PawParole posted:

Dan Sheehan is a respected attorney who’s been deeply involved in uncovering legitimate government lies and coverups through the US legal system. He helped defend the New York Times in the Supreme Court case regarding their right to publish the Pentagon Papers (which showed the public what really went on in Vietnam). Later while at the Christic Institute, he helped uncover much of the Iran-Contra Affair.

https://youtu.be/pYgCVzWap9I

He's also the lawyer of the UAP leakers

I'm watching this now, and the dude straight up says TTSA is an op lol

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Google Butt posted:

when judgement day comes your post history will be taken into account, in addition you will be forced to read it aloud in front of the galactic tribunal.

I’m good then I got a bunch of posts and they won’t be able to tell

edit
can’t wait to read this one out loud at the galactic tribunal

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Google Butt posted:

instead of a heart on a scale or st peters book its the rap sheet

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Seems like a vast majority of encounters report bipedal aliens. Hopefully they evolved better because the human spine is a trainwreck.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pooky posted:

Seems like a vast majority of encounters report bipedal aliens. Hopefully they evolved better because the human spine is a trainwreck.

Their chair technology is light-years ahead of ours

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Log082 posted:

they're gonna find ways to interstellar gerrymander us out of any actual power in the federation, and most of earth won't even notice because we're used to things being that way. the few of us that do will either think they're doing the right thing or go take over an interstellar wildlife refuge visitor center.

lol they're gonna regret that when they see total guerilla warfare and suicide/kamikaze bombings

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://filedn.com/lA1dAM6GJzOy8eCDm2eVX88/uap/Left-of-the-Moon.mp4

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

is the moth the alien or the streetlight??

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I read all the stuff on the UAP Theory site and it was entertaining (if rather insufferably written) but then I made the mistake of checking out the twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/UAPTheory/status/1406423400776613890

between this and the tweets about Dolores Cannon it seems the author is just another woowoo idiot too bad :/

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Pooky posted:

ok I have this weird like communal solipsism going on in my head related to this I’ll try to figure it out but basically idk lol

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

my bony fealty posted:

I read all the stuff on the UAP Theory site and it was entertaining (if rather insufferably written) but then I made the mistake of checking out the twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/UAPTheory/status/1406423400776613890

between this and the tweets about Dolores Cannon it seems the author is just another woowoo idiot too bad :/

lol the baby boomers are our alien gods - yeah.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

yo I kinda want a telescope

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

mods PLEASE rename me "another woowoo idiot"

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

like why us

out of all the humans that existed already

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Think Less posted:

I'm watching this now, and the dude straight up says TTSA is an op lol

Tom was open about this. Government dudes (probably Lue, Mellon and associates) approached him (after reading his lunatic ufo books) saying they were unsure how to do a disclosure, and he said that's exactly my wheelhouse, we'll make a multimedia company.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

A MIRACLE posted:

like why us

[exhales huge bong hit] entropy

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Tom was open about this. Government dudes (probably Lue, Mellon and associates) approached him (after reading his lunatic ufo books) saying they were unsure how to do a disclosure, and he said that's exactly my wheelhouse, we'll make a multimedia company.

in the context of the video, he said it was an op for more defense funding/public opinion by presenting UFOs as a threat

he also says it's pretty much defunct now

edited for clarity

Think Less has issued a correction as of 01:01 on Jun 21, 2021

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://filedn.com/lA1dAM6GJzOy8eCDm2eVX88/uap/City-Visit.mp4

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

just started reading this and lmao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
if every person who records something weird in the sky started by saying the date/time/location and device used to film we could collectively call bs on 99% of videos.

but if we don’t entertain magical ideas we have to think about our lives instead so meh

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Nuts and Gum posted:

if every person who records something weird in the sky started by saying the date/time/location and device used to film we could collectively call bs on 99% of videos.

but if we don’t entertain magical ideas we have to think about our lives instead so meh

drat this sucks dude you should reconsider

Dogthing
May 30, 2003

or is it.... just a dog??
Grimey Drawer

A MIRACLE posted:

like why us

I think nuclear power reactors attract more ET attention, and we only started building those like 80 years ago. We're probably also witnessing more objects because there's just plain more of us now, and we have radar, optics, cameras, and relatively fast communication

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Their chair technology is light-years ahead of ours

Lol

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Google Butt posted:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Google Butt posted:

*i interrupt prosecutor Xoflaz X'nbunlaq during the tribunal*

your eminence, do i really have to say "tarp" 69,000 times?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1406672142389891081
https://twitter.com/NucSafetyUCS/status/1404427493742874632
https://twitter.com/IvanCNN/status/1404299533664747525

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

:staredog:

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

those aren't really a big deal. Maybe the iranian one, though it's probably just israeli sabotage.

I'm not saying nuclear plants shouldn't be better maintained - because they should - but they're remarkably robust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I expect this tomfoolery from us but France is a surprise

maybe this is why Trump was so high on "steam"

The overlords prefer a nice, safe energy source