Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HIAC 2018 ending: no contest via Brock
HIAC 2019 ending: no contest via too much rear end kicking in a Cell match nobody can see
HIAC 2020 ending: Orton reign 14
HIAC 2021 ending: distraction roll up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
*extremely Jim Ross voice*

"He calls it the distraction roll-up! That man's been folded on half! He has a family - someone stop the match!"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

UPDATE: In speaking with additional WWE sources throughout the night, it was said to be a poorly kept secret that WWE hopes to have Lesnar back, but that those close to Lesnar don't believe any real contact or movement has been made in that direction. We'll keep inquiring about his status.

lol are they leaking info to create buzz?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

HIAC 2018 ending: no contest via Brock
HIAC 2019 ending: no contest via too much rear end kicking in a Cell match nobody can see
HIAC 2020 ending: Orton reign 14
HIAC 2021 ending: distraction roll up

Don't stop there!

HIAC 2016 ending: Charlotte fails to put Sasha through a table, then pins her to absolute silence from the Boston crowd.
HIAC 2017 ending: Falls Count Anywhere so Shane can jump off a thing, Sami Zayn heel turn, start of the horrible feud between Shane and KOSZ. Also, Nakamura lost clean to Jinder on this show.

Also HIAC 2020 had Roman and his cousins doing a high school play for half an hour.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/DickVanKlondike/status/1406798302637592577

Amazed that people are seriously praising this match.

This cannot be real lmao

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Pylons posted:

lol are they leaking info to create buzz?

Brock is leaking it so that BBT gives him a huge offer which then leads to Vince crashing three cargo planes filled with cash into the mountain near Brock’s home so that Brock wrestles 3 times a year.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MorningMoon posted:

This cannot be real lmao

It was a night of bad kicks

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1406787653798924293?s=20

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

For those who don't peep into the MOTYC nomination thread, no less than three matches tonight got the infamous WMOTYC nod, probably a new record for drat near any event ever.

Bonus fact: All three matches nominated were from the RAW side of things!

It's not even the most a WWE show received this year and it's not even half of how many Wrestlemania 35 got.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
So is Alexa the face? She overcame the odds.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

DarkstarIV posted:

Lmao

E: I can't wait for real crowds again.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lamo they had all the heels win in addition to doing dumb finishes

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DarkstarIV posted:

At least the show is starting to look like the video game now

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol that's what happens when you beat it into the heads of your performers to always play to the hard camera and they're now used to everything being edited and no live crowds

Had it not switched angles nobody would have really noticed

That and she obviously stopped giving a gently caress lol

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 21, 2021

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

At least the show is starting to look like the video game now

*Raises a fist because my animation doesn’t work*

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Owens’ stunner has always been trash.

It is a move he is very bad at performing.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

DarkstarIV posted:

What the gently caress is this?!

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

lol remember when everyone swallowed their own neck when that guy on dynamite whiffed punches by a few inches?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Looking forward to the rumors that Rhea can’t work and was “out of position”

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Critical posted:

lol remember when everyone swallowed their own neck when that guy on dynamite whiffed punches by a few inches?

Uno and Stu are STILL explaining themselves for that one.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

oldpainless posted:

Looking forward to the rumors that Rhea can’t work and was “out of position”

I will be fair here. That botch was entirely on Charlotte who has been one of the worst wrestlers on the entire roster since returning last year. Rhea hasn't been any better since being called up though. Both are absolutely garbage in every aspect of the business right now.

What wasn't shown there was Charlotte's spinning elbow that is 100% meant to be a tribute to Andrade, but is one of the worst spinning elbows in modern history. Also not shown is commentary screaming about how Charlotte is the best in the world constantly through the entire match.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
this bss is very good and mick is awesome

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

“I’m sorry. I love you.”

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Critical posted:

When I clicked on that tweet the top mention underneath was literally about that

It’s kinda wild how they’ll swing between “AEW is too dangerous, so many injuries!” and “lol they make it all obviously fake” whenever they need it to

Just grabbing at whatever handhold they can get

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Charlotte does not give a single solitary gently caress in matches where she knows she won’t leave with the title and the match finish is obvious the moment she does her entrance

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Apparently WWE has a new scam credit card, with a whopping 23.99% interest rate. IRS would kill you for taking it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Charlotte is just bringing the video game experience to life. Like when you spam your attack button but the opponent is too far away

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

people are lining up to get the new wwe scam credit card, talking about how loving awful it is. they can't wait to use it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Golden Bee posted:

Apparently WWE has a new scam credit card, with a whopping 23.99% interest rate. IRS would kill you for taking it

tbf that’s a pretty standard interest rate after intro rates expire. the “benefits” on the card are hilariously awful though

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

graph posted:

this bss is very good and mick is awesome

laughed at Austin making GBS threads on Rock for looking at the referee on a near fall count

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Golden Bee posted:

vince sees his audience as the biggest idiot easy mark targets of all time and this is a heatcheck.

show looked awful. i will never be interested in fiend poo poo much less creepy alexa bliss lolita by way of hot topic fiend poo poo. rhea/charlotte looks crappy again. lmfao the end of the main event.

re: charlotte and the wonderous phantom stomps, i wonder how much is wwe style/demands and how much is just like... not giving a gently caress about working in front of the tv screens anymore. it has to be an element right

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Someone on twitter was claiming she was mocking Rhea with those kicks

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

mooseinfants posted:

Someone on twitter was claiming she was mocking Rhea with those kicks

I saw that take too, and it's stupid. If your taunt spot relies on a very inaudible bit of dialogue or it looks like you're embarassingly whiffing kicks, don't do the taunt spot.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1406848599481270273

20 camera cuts in 25 seconds

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This company is garbage

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
lol Alexa brought back the bendy arm thing and that's how they used it

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Someone edit this to add more eye liner on each camera cut.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DeepDickPizza posted:

lol Alexa brought back the bendy arm thing and that's how they used it

Is that what happened? The only thing I saw was constant extreme closeups of Alexa and Shayna's faces like a bad parody of The Good The Bad And The Ugly

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the arm bending thing wasn't even the "important" thing in that bit, no one noticed it or commentated on it. Alexa can apparently hypnotize people by telling them to stare into her eyes, so she was hypnotizing Shayna into releasing the hold. not sure if that was dumber than her trying to hypnotize Reginald, or hypnotizing Nia Jax into slapping Reginald.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

So did Seth beat Cesar clean? After all the pomp that the little guy finally made it to the big leagues by beating Seth at WM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

keithy george posted:

So did Seth beat Cesar clean? After all the pomp that the little guy finally made it to the big leagues by beating Seth at WM?

Inside Cradle. So about as clean as that can be