Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Galactic Spectacular owns. Fantasmic owns too but leaving it sucks rear end.

edit: we did the dessert party for Galactic Spectacular and it fuckin' sucked

alg fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://zippy.gfycat.com/EarnestGregariousArcticwolf.mp4

if you're not hearing that music in your head I pity you

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Some imagination, huh?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
This is my dream!

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I love Fantasmic... to take a nap at!

I then wake up for the awesome finale.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Fantasmic is lit but yeah that like hour long wait in those seats and the slow march out of there after is rough

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Tim Whatley posted:

Fantasmic is lit but yeah that like hour long wait in those seats and the slow march out of there after is rough

I wait until everyone is gone and do a happy stupid little sigh and leave. Or maybe steal the pogo gym. If I'm going to SWGS afterward (which is usually really doable for me because I travel so late in the year and they're an hour-ish apart) I'll get out of there and sneak back down Sunset but before SWGS existed, I loved the quiet little backstage walk with nobody else around and being on the last bus. HS is my least favorite park (I'm not big on thrill rides) but it's so relaxing at night.

Bottom Liner posted:

me, whispering it under my breath. Y'all hate the people who can quote haunted mansion front to back, wait until you see my old fat rear end leaning forward like an idiot baby whispering the whole of fantasmic to herself with sparkly eyes.

Braksgirl posted:

Some imagination, huh?

:swoon:

Also wrt DLR v WDW Fantasmic: they're just different shows and people shouldn't really compare them. Maybe one day I won't be so sick and I'll get to go see DLR Fantasmic again.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bottom Liner posted:

that's not how you do the YMCA Mickey

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Fantasmic is just one of those things I adore in the park, and even though ours is janky and needs severe updating, that swell of music just kicks me in the feels every single time. If there is one thing I miss at Disney that the Pandemic took away, it's gotta be Fantasmic.

Then again, getting into Studios as a CM is drat near impossible, so even if they brought it back, I'd probably be unable to see it (while I still have my perks)

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Fantasmic has great moments but the DHS version has a ton of filler to fill out a long enough show to justify the extra ordeal and effort out of your day to see it.

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

But now I am working from home with a new job that pays a bit better and is more flexible schedule wise, so the days of Butler BigBudget are at an end.

Hey, congrats! It was a privilege to get to meet Butler BigBudget during my 2017 WDW trip. :)

I liked both versions of Fantasmic! , but I'm biased toward the DLR version. Not only did I grow up with it, but I find it extra magical how the riverfront area and the big boats get transformed and repurposed for the show. :)

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Fantasmic is at nearly the same time as the galactic spectacular, which I like better.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Oh hey, AKL is taking reservations starting today.

I'm singing along with the loving wait music

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
The best part of Fantasmic is Ariel getting wrapped up in a fire-retardant bag during the fireworks finale, because her fins prevent her from getting into a safe area in time, unlike the rest of the cast.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I, too, had the honor of meeting Butler BBS. Saludos, amigo.

Fantasmic is nice and all, but I would kill for something like Mickey's Big Band Beat from Disney Sea to make its way over here.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Nanigans posted:

I, too, had the honor of meeting Butler BBS. Saludos, amigo.

Fantasmic is nice and all, but I would kill for something like Mickey's Big Band Beat from Disney Sea to make its way over here.

Just the old Cool the Heat show every 20 minutes on repeat.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Booked for end of August for a long weekend to make up for our Alaskan cruise getting dropped. I don't know why we are going to subject ourselves to Orlando August/September weather.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I'm doing the same. It's been a bucket list item to be at MK on my actual birthday so we're doing the Boo Bash the night before so I can hang around til after midnight and fulfill my dream. Stupid September birthday.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Cabot blame Fantasmic for looking a little dated, it is over 60 years old. Seriously though the music swell when Mickey shows up and starts wrecking poo poo still hits me every time.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

J33uk posted:

Cabot blame Fantasmic for looking a little dated, it is over 60 years old. Seriously though the music swell when Mickey shows up and starts wrecking poo poo still hits me every time.

What is 2058 like? Is Tron open yet?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Zero One posted:

Covid hits again in 2044 and wipes out 90% of the population and FastPass is back so it's still a 45 minute wait for Soarin.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Zero One posted:

Tron is about 12 months away and they've added some more more netting to the structure. I was riffing a bit on Chapek and his comments RE: Splash Mountain. The basic jist of his comments was fine but there were some minor issues with the details that have since become a typical Disney Twitter shitshow.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

couldcareless posted:

Oh, I think southwest had a huge outage with their weather tracking system across the US yesterday that grounded a ton of flights.

I was the day before that went down - I fly AA.

Flights are great fun.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
California: Reserved entry isn't going anywhere.

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1405912073679392776

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
It’s interesting listening to DLR folks be in shock about not being able to go whenever they want. I’m curious to see how this continues to affect the population that goes to DLR and if they can increase their onsite occupancy and focus from being the “most famous regional park” to something more like WDW.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I did some flying today.

https://twitter.com/cchard/status/1406307950583549952?s=21

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQXFlM0DoBj/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Hope they enjoyed their last visit to EPCOT!

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

What did they think was going to happen there? The Disney ban hammer don’t play around.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

A+ commentary there. "They're not going to jail, they're going to prison" :lol:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
https://twitter.com/UniversalORL/status/1406800553288646660

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

F-funniest poo poo I ever seen?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

no, she didn't fall in the water.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

CelticPredator posted:

This is guy-climbing-Mexico-pyramid erasure imho

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
All this time I've been paying for cucumber like a fool.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

I don't have Insta. Is this available on another platform?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Pththya-lyi posted:

I don't have Insta. Is this available on another platform?

I don't have instagram either but if you click it, it still shows the video.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
In the most baffling of news updates, Universal removes mobile ordering from most of their restaurants which seems like a weird step backwards

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

couldcareless posted:

In the most baffling of news updates, Universal removes mobile ordering from most of their restaurants which seems like a weird step backwards

Yeah that’s weird considering how nuts quick serve dining has been there lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

couldcareless posted:

Not enough people to run the restaurants.